What's new

Where does Gobert rank out of the entire NBA ?

Gobert is quickly rising in value in the NBA. Where do rank him? Combine future and right now rankings

My rankings......

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Steph Curry
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Russell Westbrook
7. James Harden
8. Everyone else

I know Westbrook and Harden are a lot more talented, and so are a lot of other players, but I think Rudy has a bigger impact. I'd honestly rather build my team around him if given the choice. Westbrook has the talent to be the best player in the NBA, but I'm not sure he'll ever get out of his own way. Harden doesn't bring enough defense.

It's crazy to think about. We actually snagged a top player in the league. Disagree? Tell me why.
I find myself pondering if Rudy will pass Dirk as the best Euro-player!

Harden is actually a good defender this year. Stop looking at the gif and his lowlight clips to rate his defense.

would easily trade rudy for:

curry, davis, harden, bron bron, kd, westbrook, cp3

so thats puts him about 8th in my mind (potential + today combined)(obv not a top 8 player today, honestly prob not a top 40 player today, due to his lack of offense, but the potential.....)

Rudy is easily top 40. Dude almost single handedly can turn the #27 ranked defense into an historic, best of all time defense. As long as they still play basketball two ways, that cannot be underestimated. Also, you would have to be an idiot to trade him for cp3.

Last edited:
Harden is actually a good defender this year. Stop looking at the gif and his lowlight clips to rate his defense.
I think the words you are looking for is that Harden is no longer a liability on defense. He is not getting any defensive awards though.
Rudy is easily top 40. Dude almost single handedly can turn the #27 ranked defense an historic, best of all time defense. As long as they still play basketball two ways, that cannot be underestimated. Also, you would have to be an idiot to trade him for cp3.
This guys is right. CP3 is a whiny bitch.

LeBron says hello.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. Utah's chance to contend is based on us having a 3&D team. Take away Gobert and our advantage on defense collapses. Rudy is going to have a statue outside the ESA someday. He and Favors will be Jazz lifers. Hayward I'm not so sure about. He could very well decide to opt out and leave. And frankly, if/when we get a true 3&D wing, he's the most replaceable.

This may sound crazy but I would not trade Rudy for Lebron. I hate Lebron and just could never see myself cheering for him. That and if we traded for him he would leave first opportunity he got.

What makes you think Hayward would decide to leave as opposed to Favors? I think we have shown our commitment to Hayward by giving him a huge contract even though it was a very risky move based on how he played last year. I honestly think the chemistry on this team is amazing and we are building something special right now. I could see our core pieces staying together for a long time kind of like what the Spurs have done.

Cy has spoken

This may sound crazy but I would not trade Rudy for Lebron. I hate Lebron and just could never see myself cheering for him. That and if we traded for him he would leave first opportunity he got.

What makes you think Hayward would decide to leave as opposed to Favors? I think we have shown our commitment to Hayward by giving him a huge contract even though it was a very risky move based on how he played last year. I honestly think the chemistry on this team is amazing and we are building something special right now. I could see our core pieces staying together for a long time kind of like what the Spurs have done.

I think Hayward is going to be more inclined to stay now that he can see we are building something special. But he will command another fat contract, or he will bail.

If we didn't have Rudy and we continued to suck, he would probably think about leaving.

Who knows though, maybe he gets a good offer from Indiana and he decides he wants to go home. I could see that happening. Now I wish we would have locked him up for 5 years. We really only got 3 out of it.

Favors, more than anyone on our team, has shown a desire for stability.

Wait, so you would take Gobert over everyone but 5 people in the NBA? I'm not quite there yet but I applaud your optimism.

Officially banned for life from Bucks RealGM board for saying Gobert is better, and will always be, than Giannis and that the Bucks suck.

Really cp3....

I'm sorry but I donot see the love with cp3 that a lot of people have, including locke. The dude is not a winner. He is the main blame for the last three Clippers playoff exits, which includes no western confrence apperances!!!!

he completely transformed the clippers, losing in the playoffs wouldnt even be a possibilty without him in the first place. He is one of the few (the others in my list included) that can elevate a team. put cp3 on our team and we are instantly contenders.

I don't like CP3 either. Yes, he is a great player, but he dominates the ball way too much. I don't think you can get deep into the playoffs when you have a guy that short dominating the ball every possession. That is what I hate about PG-centric offenses and why I'm glad Quin doesn't run that ish. You don't want your shortest player dominating the ball too much.

he completely transformed the clippers, losing in the playoffs wouldnt even be a possibilty without him in the first place. He is one of the few (the others in my list included) that can elevate a team. put cp3 on our team and we are instantly contenders.

Not if we give up Gobert to get him. I don't think people realize how crazy it is that other teams are struggling to get out of the 80's every time we play. No other player in the NBA gives you that. Very few players in NBA history give you that.

Not if we give up Gobert to get him. I don't think people realize how crazy it is that other teams are struggling to get out of the 80's every time we play. No other player in the NBA gives you that. Very few players in NBA history give you that.

Good point, but I think you understated it. Teams are struggling to get to 85 points.

He and Favors will be Jazz lifers.

Where does this come from? Has he ever said this or is it coming from you? Obviously the Jazz will want to keep him, but I've gotten the feeling (not so much this year, more last year) that Rudy didn't like Utah. Seems to me that he'd want a bigger market and a team that didn't monitor his Twitter account.

I figure we get one max contract and then we pray he wants to stay. But if you have other information, please share it with me.

Srs. Jazz would be the greatest defensive team ever if they were able to maintain what they have done post EK. EVARRRRRRRRRR

compare greatest defenses here.