What's new

Which free agent is going to want to come to Utah for their ring?

It'd go thusly:

Gobert
Favors
Hayward
Exum
Lillard

(Burks 6th man)

With Tomic rounding out the bigman rotation? I really don't think I'd put any western conference team ahead of us. Not even Golden State.

Leave Exum on Curry, Hayward on Thompson. Bring in Sap for whoever they have at SF.

Love your UPtimism posts. Srs. I'm 100% there with you. We might even hit 40 wins this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the jazz go 15-5 they will finish 41-41. With how they have been playing since the trade deadline, 7-2 record, the Jazz are about on pace for that. Plus they have a home heavy stand. With 2 games against the Nuggets, Wolves and Kings and games agaisnt the Knicks, Hornets, Wizards, Lakers and Pistons.

I say Dala is a prophet and the Jazz finish the last 20 games with a 14-6 record. For a final record of 40-42.

Loses will be:

@ Warriors
@ Blazers
@ Rockets
v Grizz
v Rockets
With a let down game of @ Kings
As much as it stings I think the Rockets sweep us this year...

With Tomic rounding out the bigman rotation? I really don't think I'd put any western conference team ahead of us. Not even Golden State.

Leave Exum on Curry, Hayward on Thompson. Bring in Sap for whoever they have at SF.

I'll take a line up of:
Gobert/Tomic
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Exum/Burks/Ingles
Lillard/Burke

Plus the 2015 pick

Jimmy Butler

I can see the Bulls committing their future to DRose and Butler feeling left out.

We would have to throw SOO much money at him but I love that idea.

Exum/Burke
Butler/Burks
Hayward/Hood
Favors/Booker
Gobert/Draft or FA

Too soon for a high quality vet. Go through next year and let the youngsters prove themselves to the league and see what your needs are at the end of next season. Maybe then, maybe another year down the road. Adding a good quality youngster right now would be good, one who can contribute soon and mature with the rest.

We sign Ty Lawson and make him eat a plate of crow at the press conference. Literally. He has to eat it. And if he throws it up Gobert gets to punch him in the stomach.

Too soon for a high quality vet. Go through next year and let the youngsters prove themselves to the league and see what your needs are at the end of next season. Maybe then, maybe another year down the road. Adding a good quality youngster right now would be good, one who can contribute soon and mature with the rest.

I think with the way the team is currently playing this offseason is exactly the right time to add a good vet (not the scrubs the FO has cycled thru the last few seasons). SG would be the perfect spot. 205-2016 is the first season the Jazz should push for the playoffs. A good vet that plays within the system and has experince in the playoffs is exactly what this team would need.

The defensive emergence of this team when coupled with the dramatic improvement of individual players has accelerated the rebuild.

100% wrong

Our 3 main pieces on this team are ready to win. You don't torture them with another tough year. We don't have time to be dicking around with Hayward. We have to make him happy before he becomes a free agent.

Try to sign Mathews/Leonard/Butler (Mathews at around 14 per year, offer Leonard (near-max) or Butler (the max)). I think Butler would be matched but Matthews or Leonard is a possibility. Then sign Pierce as a 6th man.

I would have agreed with you in January....this team feels different now. 1 season is a lifetime in the nba, the jazz need to strike while they can. Exums development is the key. If he makes a jump another veteran pg gets in his way...but if he stalls then the jazz will struggle if their pg is still Trey. Quite a dilemma for Lindsey.

Try to sign Mathews/Leonard/Butler (Mathews at around 14 per year, offer Leonard (near-max) or Butler (the max)). I think Butler would be matched but Matthews or Leonard is a possibility. Then sign Pierce as a 6th man.

If you sign any of them Burks is your 6th man.

If you sign any of them Burks is your 6th man.

I doubt it. If we sign Matthews he'll get a lot of playing time (35 minutes a game or so) and won't be the first to be subbed out. If we sign Leonard and he stays at the 3 then Hayward will be moved to the 2- he won't be subbed out first either. If Pierce would be signed either he or Burke would be the first to be subbed in - depends on the situation though as far as how Exum is playing.

It is amazing to me that we are plausibly talking scenarios where the Jazz have to many wings instead of to many bigs. The Bigs are settled so now they are fixing the wings.

WOOT WOOT!!