What's new

Which Jazz player(s) will make the all star game?

Who makes the all star game?

• Gobert

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Both Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 54 91.5%

• Total voters
Zach Lowe has both Gobert and Mitchell in.

He has Gobert as a "reserve lock" and says that if he doesn't get in this year the Jazz should boycott All Star festivities.

He has Mitchell as one of the "Last 4 In" along with Booker, Ingram and CP3. He also had Lillard as a reserve lock. That is nonsense imo. Lillard is on a non playoff team, so is Booker, so is Ingram. Mitchell is the leading scorer/#1 option on the current 2 SEED. He should be a lock.

Great take by Lowe. And I agree with him on Lillard. It would be a travesty if he didn't make it independent of his teams record. If I were taking anyone off of his list it would be Ingram.

Personally I think all of Gobert/Mitchell/Bojan deserve serious consideration. I think if I were to draw up my own I'd have all 3 in there. I'd certainly say Bojan is having a better season than somebody like Ingram.

Harden
Doncic
Kawhi
LeBron
Gobert

CP3
Lillard
Bojan
Davis
Jokic

Mitchell
KAT

I love what Bojan brings to the Jazz but he does not deserve to be on the all star team. Until a few weeks ago I was thinking Rudy was our only guy to make it but now I think we get both Rudy and DM.

Zach Lowe has both Gobert and Mitchell in.

He has Gobert as a "reserve lock" and says that if he doesn't get in this year the Jazz should boycott All Star festivities.

He has Mitchell as one of the "Last 4 In" along with Booker, Ingram and CP3. He also had Lillard as a reserve lock. That is nonsense imo. Lillard is on a non playoff team, so is Booker, so is Ingram. Mitchell is the leading scorer/#1 option on the current 2 SEED. He should be a lock.

Bill Simmons also said he believes Rudy and Donovan are both locks to make it.

I love what Bojan brings to the Jazz but he does not deserve to be on the all star team. Until a few weeks ago I was thinking Rudy was our only guy to make it but now I think we get both Rudy and DM.

I mean they kept sticking Klay on the all-star team. . .

He's certainly on the lower end of Allstar for me (for that matter so is Donovan imo), but I just don't see a lot of strong competition this season. Who in the West should be getting in above him? I think he's at least arguable against the other candidates. PG has missed a ton of games, Booker/Ingram have stats but not a ton else, then ???. Westbrook has not been playing at that level.

IMG_20200123_172255.jpg

Interestingly players voted for Ingram and Melo(!) and one other player above Gobert. Not sure who that would be, Aldridge maybe?

They also voted for Booker and Westbrook over Mitchell.

Apparently many of them don't consider record too much when voting, which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

It's a little concerning that many media members voted for Steph considering he's injured. Seemed weird to me.

*edit* it may be that the media only voted for the top three guys and everyone else is 4th by default.

Last edited:
View attachment 8823

Interestingly players voted for Ingram and Melo(!) and one other player above Gobert. Not sure who that would be, Aldridge maybe?

Apparently many of them don't consider record too much when voting, which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

It's a little concerning that many media members voted for Steph considering he's injured. Seemed weird to me.

Is this the official voting? Will the all-star selections be based on this?

Is this the official voting? Will the all-star selections be based on this?

That is the official selection for the starters. Next Thursday, the league will announce the All Star reserves, which are chosen by the coaches.

I think I heard that Rudy gets a $1 million bonus if he makes the All Star team.

View attachment 8823

*edit* it may be that the media only voted for the top three guys and everyone else is 4th by default.
I swear if the coaches put Booker and Westbrook in ahead of Donovan then those mother effers are just as bad as teenagers with fantasy teams.

Jazz players always seem to get the short end of the stick every year when it comes to the All star game. Haywood barely made it as well. Hopefully this year it's optimistically different.

Lol I think coaches rly dont give a **** about all star games,

Kerr was asked in the jazz warriors post game interview if gobert should be an all star this year and kerr said, yeAh, hasnt he already been one?

Goes to show they dont give two ***** about the whole badazle of the all star game which is a circus show.

Pascal Siakam of the Raptors was selected as an Eastern Conference starter. He was the 27th pick in the first round of 2016 out of New Mexico State. I counted five players selected ahead of him in the first round that have already appeared on the waiver wire. The Jazz pick that year was the rental of George Hill.

trae young as an all star on a team with the 2nd worst record in the league.

how do you feel about that?

Pascal Siakam of the Raptors was selected as an Eastern Conference starter. He was the 27th pick in the first round of 2016 out of New Mexico State. I counted five players selected ahead of him in the first round that have already appeared on the waiver wire. The Jazz pick that year was the rental of George Hill.
ok