What's new

Which new Jazz players are you most excited to watch this year?

Which new Jazz players are you most excited to watch this year? (Pick up to 3)

• Collin Sexton

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Ochai Agbaji

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Leandro Bolmaro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malik Beasley

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • THT

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Simone Fontecchio

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Lauri Markkanen

Votes: 46 56.8%
  • Jarred Vanderbilt

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Walker Kessler

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Kelly Olynyk

• Stanley Johnson

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Saben Lee

• Johnny Juzang

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Micah Potter

• Total voters
This entire squad should be exciting. A lot of different guys can light up the scoreboard. I think a lot of people here will be surprised with how versatile our team is.

THT and Beasley are two guys I'm expecting to surprise. "Baby Walton" Olynyk will be fun to watch too.

Sarah Todd's column which was just posted is interesting about NAW, Kessler and Agabaji and the vets feelings about them.

ochai, vando and fontecchio if i can choose just three. also interested to see if lauri can carry over some of that eurobasket performance and then beasley and kessler would be the next two.
Those are the three I chose as well. Beasley and Sexton were my next two.

I want to see if THT is better than his reputation, how close Sexton can get to what Mitchell put out, and if NAW can actually play since he barely played last year (im counting NAW because he's new-ish)
Im surprised NAW wasn't an option

This entire squad should be exciting. A lot of different guys can light up the scoreboard. I think a lot of people here will be surprised with how versatile our team is.

THT and Beasley are two guys I'm expecting to surprise. "Baby Walton" Olynyk will be fun to watch too.
No, you said it man. All these new faces, personalities- I’m all in. For all you tanksters out there I’m sorry but I’m taking Danny, Will and the players at their word. I mean this is like Hoosiers, Glory Road, Rocky and The Magnificent Seven all rolled into one. Who doesn’t like rooting for the underdog? Not only do we have some real cool dudes (Agbaji might be my favorite with his musician skills and movie preferences), but we got some real underground badasses as well (bringing in Colonel Olynyk to bring ‘em around). Wow! This is gonna be fun!

PS Utah preseason game 1 vs Toronto on NBA tv this Sunday.:cool:

No, you said it man. All these new faces, personalities- I’m all in. For all you tanksters out there I’m sorry but I’m taking Danny, Will and the players at their word. I mean this is like Hoosiers, Glory Road, Rocky and The Magnificent Seven all rolled into one. Who doesn’t like rooting for the underdog? Not only do we have some real cool dudes (Agbaji might be my favorite with his musician skills and movie preferences), but we got some real underground badasses as well (bringing in Colonel Olynyk to bring ‘em around). Wow! This is gonna be fun!

How ****ing funny would it be if this team can make it to a first round exit. Same level as last years team plus we have a cache of picks….I’m with you and I’m rooting for playoffs baby!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Markkanen - how could you not be hyped after euro basket.
Vanderbilt - was a fan before he came here, cant wait to see how he continues to grow
Kessler - he recorded 6+ blocked shots in 11 games last season. Yes please.

Our fanbase would be so irate if we Cinderella storied to the Conference Finals lol.

Our fanbase would be so irate if we Cinderella storied to the Conference Finals lol.
Basketball nerds yes, actual paying customers maybe not so much. Anyway with all the bad publicity, the NBA needs another Cinderella story. This could be bigger than the 2003-04 Detroit Pistons win over the Dream Team Lakers!

Johnny B Goode Juzang
Fontecchio
Ochai

Maybe I'll have to watch a lot of the stars games in order to see them, lol

No, I think we would be ecstatic to see this ragtag group of rebels overshadow the evil Darth Mitchell and get further than we ever did with the last iteration. Add to that some extra FRPs over the next few years and we would be building a real contender, if the current core is capable of such a feat. Huzzah, I say, HUZZAH!!

The real melt-down comes when this team bucks expectations and ends up 8th after a play-in win and ending the season in a 0-4 series sweep, then getting stuck with no lottery pick at all, and needing to use all that great draft capital we just picked up to try to move into the top 10 to grab some guy at #8 we hope pans out better than when we did the same thing to get Burke.

Glue guys don’t usually sell tickets. I’m definitely interested to see if he can still summon some of that magic he had with the Celts and Heat.
Not usually, although I bought tickets more than a few times excited to see Ingles above most everyone else.

Since we are on a roll for Tony Jones sightings, let's see if we can get his insight here.

@Tony Jones , as the team currently stands, which new guy are you most excited to watch this year?

Only if we got there on extreme circumstance. Like we beat the Steph-less Warriors in Round 1 then a Kawi/PG-less Clippers in Round 2 to only get beat in a 5 game series vs the Wolves.

If the Jazz are legitimately good enough to reach the WCF then that's only a positive with the cap-space next year and high number of draft picks.

I’m excited to see how Butler progresses. His preseason highlights are still imprinted on my mind. I don’t think he got enough opportunities to show progression last year. I’m higher on him than most, and don’t think he should be discarded so easily, but as I’m typing this I’m wondering if he’s still stuck on the bench. Recent events lead me to believe we are retooling rather than tanking, just going the long route. Jazz are trying to win and I believe that’s the goal throughout the org and not just coach and players.

I picked Markkanen, Sexton and Agbaji. Those three guys should all get big minutes and are under team control on good contracts for at least 3 years. If the Jazz really are hoping for a quick(ish) turnaround - at least one of them has to hit big imo.