What's new

Which team does JazzFanz find themselves cheering for?

Who does JazzFanz wants to win it all this year?

• SPURS

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • GRIZZ

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • GSW

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • OKC

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • PACERS

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • NY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MIAMI

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • BULLS

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • None of the Above.

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
ain't gonna happen, but I think it would be poetic justice (or something) if the Bulls could win it all - without ROSE!!!

though I'm pretty sure he'd be back if it looked like that was even a remote possiblity.

It's also easier to tell which teams i don't like. Okc, New York, and Miami. All ISO plays which work because they have video game like superstars who can often score when going 1 on 5. KD and lebron in particular.

I know everyone is gushing over curry these playoffs. But 3 guys who have been really fun to watch who no one talks about: Noah, gasol, and big Z. I love watching Noah and all the lil thigs he does. Of course, ESPN will never show it in their highlights. No one likes to watch a guy set awesome picks, tips, deflections, and extra passes/hockey assists. Gasol, because he's like a young Sabonis. Big Z because he has taken the 2 most athletic 4s in the league and made them look silly by just plain old fashion post play. So much of the post is physical play, position, and footwork. Contrary to what griffin and Ibaka do, you don't have to JUMP over your defender to be devastating. Much like how kanter is better than Favors just because he does his homework early and gets great position for easier shots.

These 3 have been real fun to watch. Just as fun as curry IMO.

Eh? Lost me here.

Serious question. Maybe I missed it but is there a divide on who is better between kanter and favors?

I'd take Kanter over Favors in a heartbeat.

Favors has amazing defensive potential.

Kanter has amazing potential. 20 and 20 and only missing 2 shots? That is ELITE. Even in Favors' big 23 pt 17 reb game, he took 20 shots to get his 23 pts. Kanter took TWELVE.

They both can be very, very good players. Favors can be a better Chandler. Kanter can be a top 3 big in the league. Especially with how much this league has ZERO dominate, elite low post players.

You can't get too excited over one game, if you look at bench players career highs there is usually at least one twenty point game. Remember how Enes can't get very far off the ground? Can't jump that well? Not that athletic? These are things that were said about him all of which Favors is much better at.

That's not to say that Enes won't be great, or that Favors is any better, they just have different tools to work with. (oh, and I think that Enes's mind/work ethic trumps Favors)

Simple question, simple answer.

Mine is the Grizzlies. They've done things the right way, slowly building their team following the Gasol trade nearly a decade ago.

- They haven't tanked like the GSW

- They haven't just "bought it" like Miami & NY with LeBron, Wade, Carmelo

- Spurs: well they've won enough Trophies haven't they?

- Pacers... they're just a bit boring if I'm completely honest witchu..

- OKC - we ARE the best young team in the west... Sorry.

- Bulls - no longer a Booze fan..

Basically this.

You can't get too excited over one game, if you look at bench players career highs there is usually at least one twenty point game. Remember how Enes can't get very far off the ground? Can't jump that well? Not that athletic? These are things that were said about him all of which Favors is much better at.

That's not to say that Enes won't be great, or that Favors is any better, they just have different tools to work with. (oh, and I think that Enes's mind/work ethic trumps Favors)

See I agree with this. They are cometely difffrent, but to base their potential on their two best games makes zero sense. Favors has the tools to be a top three big as well. His defense is already elite and offense is somethng that can totally be fixed. You can't fix kanters lack of athleticism which will hinder his defensive potential. I take favors, but it is close.

Eh? Lost me here.

Simple. Kanter knows how to get post position and use his body to get easy shots.

Favors? All he knows how to do is jump over people. He has no idea how to post up. Unless he can get a lob or a tip, Favors doesn't score inside. kanter? Dump it down inside (for which he will have worked for good position) and he'll know what to do with the rock.

Here's what I'm talking about. Look at how Kanter uses his body to destroy Andrew Bynum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0wMlRaJRg

It appears I find myself in the minority, but I'm rooting for Miami to win it all? Why--because I like LeBron and I love watching him play, and I like to see greatness validated. I've long ago forgiven him for the 'the decision.' Plus, for a selfish reason, to avoid ad nauseum discussion/dissection of why LeBron couldn't win in on sports talk radio over the next 12 months. After he wins a few titles, perhaps we can move on from what is a tedious and boring (though never ending) discussion point. In the West, I'm pulling for Memphis. I wouldn't mind seeing GS go far (I hold no grudge against Jackson), as they are a fun team to watch, and to rub it in Jazz FO faces that playing youth doesn't necessarily consign a team to losing.

Can't stand Mark Jackson or Derek Fisher or I'd be rooting for either of those teams. So I guess Grizz or Spurs by default.

Wouldn't mind the Pacers or Bulls out of the East.

did kkk really say that the heat bought wade? was that a mistake or was he just trolling?

It appears I find myself in the minority, but I'm rooting for Miami to win it all? Why--because I like LeBron and I love watching him play, and I like to see greatness validated. I've long ago forgiven him for the 'the decision.' Plus, for a selfish reason, to avoid ad nauseum discussion/dissection of why LeBron couldn't win in on sports talk radio over the next 12 months. After he wins a few titles, perhaps we can move on from what is a tedious and boring (though never ending) discussion point. In the West, I'm pulling for Memphis. I wouldn't mind seeing GS go far (I hold no grudge against Jackson), as they are a fun team to watch, and to rub it in Jazz FO faces that playing youth doesn't necessarily consign a team to losing.

**** this Heat team forever. Forget everything besides that it changed player culture and is the single biggest threat to the relevance of small markets in the NBA. What happened with the Heat cannot continue to happen but it has about as much as it could already. There is nothing they can do to rectify that impact except lose.

See I agree with this. They are cometely difffrent, but to base their potential on their two best games makes zero sense. Favors has the tools to be a top three big as well. His defense is already elite and offense is somethng that can totally be fixed. You can't fix kanters lack of athleticism which will hinder his defensive potential. I take favors, but it is close.

z bo isnt athletic either and he is good... below the rim guys dont get the credit for all they do cause they dont end up on nbas top 10 lists..

I'm in a forgiving mood with basketball:

*forget about the Boozer drama and go watch some of the best system-basketball since Stock-Malone. If you can't do this, then I feel bad for you.

*forget about the Tank, and watch a new offensive vision realize itself in GSW. It's all riding on a tiny ankle, and they'll get their karma whether you hate them or not.

*I liked watching Denver's attack. I didn't care that they are division rivals.

That said, I can't get over my dislike of Miami...

did kkk really say that the heat bought wade? was that a mistake or was he just trolling?

Well it was tongue and cheek, for sure...

But let me put it this way, if Miami is somewhere near Canada, do you really think Wade would stay? Do you really think LeBron would come over? Do you really think Bosh would have bought into it? The location itself is a "selling point". Moreover, they do have Pat Riley who's probably the best salesman there is in the league ATM.

Well it was tongue and cheek, for sure...

But let me put it this way, if Miami is somewhere near Canada, do you really think Wade would stay? Do you really think LeBron would come over? Do you really think Bosh would have bought into it? The location itself is a "selling point". Moreover, they do have Pat Riley who's probably the best salesman there is in the league ATM.

agree with you lots... but wade chose to go to college for three years in wisconsin. grew up in chicago (only 290 miles from the canadian border), and considering how close NY is to canada, i don't think the wade would mind being "somewhere near canada"

agree with you lots... but wade chose to go to college for three years in wisconsin. grew up in chicago (only 290 miles from the canadian border), and considering how close NY is to canada, i don't think the wade would mind being "somewhere near canada"

Yeah ok, may be Wade would have stayed.

There's no way LeBron & Bosh would have come over though.