What's new

Which team does JazzFanz find themselves cheering for?

Who does JazzFanz wants to win it all this year?

• SPURS

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • GRIZZ

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • GSW

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • OKC

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • PACERS

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • NY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MIAMI

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • BULLS

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • None of the Above.

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
**** this Heat team forever. Forget everything besides that it changed player culture and is the single biggest threat to the relevance of small markets in the NBA. What happened with the Heat cannot continue to happen but it has about as much as it could already. There is nothing they can do to rectify that impact except lose.

Actually I think their impact is overstated.

Look at the "super-stars" who basically forced their former team's hand to get them on a "super team"

Chris Paul: His has been the most succesful behind the Lebron's FA signing, but still, his team is extremely flawed and their future is looking stalled.

Deron Williams: Extremely unsuccessful from both an individual stats standpoint and team success relative to his former team. Team is in cap-hell with overpaid and over-the-hill players.

Dwight Howard: Completely ruined the Lakers and his reputation as the best center in the league.

Meanwhile, a guy who didn't really force his hand, but could be considered a super-star, James Harden, thrived after he let the natural course run action. He never demanded a trade or told the media he would only go to Team A or B. He got traded to Houston and had a great year, both from a team standpoint and individual stats standpoint.

I think players are beginning to realize that you just can't join Superstar A and be good. It has to be a natural fit. Most GM's aren't smart or patient enough to do that though, and they just grab whatever Stars they can and bad results follow.

Even though we may disagree with what the Heat did, they did their process organically and not through any forced trades. I don't think most teams are smart enough, lucky enough, or patient enough to replicate what the Heat did, at least anytime soon.

What we will see is spoiled super-stars stall their careers by forcing their teams hand to deal them to stupid GM's with poor team vision and make it easier for teams like Utah, who carefully plan and craft their teams with patience, succeed in the long run.

Look at the "super-stars" who basically forced their former team's hand to get them on a "super team"

Chris Paul: His has been the most succesful behind the Lebron's FA signing, but still, his team is extremely flawed and their future is looking stalled.

Deron Williams: Extremely unsuccessful from both an individual stats standpoint and team success relative to his former team. Team is in cap-hell with overpaid and over-the-hill players.

Dwight Howard: Completely ruined the Lakers and his reputation as the best center in the league.

Meanwhile, a guy who didn't really force his hand, but could be considered a super-star, James Harden, thrived after he let the natural course run action. He never demanded a trade or told the media he would only go to Team A or B. He got traded to Houston and had a great year, both from a team standpoint and individual stats standpoint.

I think players are beginning to realize that you just can't join Superstar A and be good. It has to be a natural fit. Most GM's aren't smart or patient enough to do that though, and they just grab whatever Stars they can and bad results follow.

Even though we may disagree with what the Heat did, they did their process organically and not through any forced trades. I don't think most teams are smart enough, lucky enough, or patient enough to replicate what the Heat did, at least anytime soon.

What we will see is spoiled super-stars stall their careers by forcing their teams hand to deal them to stupid GM's with poor team vision and make it easier for teams like Utah, who carefully plan and craft their teams with patience, succeed in the long run.

I wouldn't say Pat Riley going behind the Cavs' back and chat up LeBron an "organic process".

Also players who have "power" are going to use that "power". Harden was different in that he's a good Christian boy, so naturally he was humble enough to let things run its course.

But I do agree with a lot of what you've said though.

^ you have any pamphlets for me to read?

Can you write your email address on them in case I have any questions?

...sure appreciate it...

If I could vote for Two
1.Spurs they have a system and everyone knows it and plays their role- they play fundamentals ball
2.Grizzlies- I like they way they focus around their two bigs

I'd be ok with Either, but Grizz otherwise as they haven't won one yet

^ you have any pamphlets for me to read?

Can you write your email address on them in case I have any questions?

...sure appreciate it...

No need - you're welcome to join me at the Longest Thread in General Discussion. We're currently having an open discussion on the topic if you're interested. No pressure - everyone has their own "time".

I root against teams that I hate since I really don't like any team outside the Jazz.

So my order is the Knicks, Heat, Warriors, Thunder, Spurs, Bulls, Grizzlies, and Pacers.

I understand that being the resident contrarian forces you to contort yourself into a pretzel but come the **** on.

1) The Cavs would love to have Lebron force his way out and the Raptors would love to have Bosh force his way out. Getting four (or three) quarters for a dollar is still better than getting gutted and paid nothing.
2) What the players did on their second teams is purely academic. This is about what the first teams are losing, not to mention that father time is still undefeated.
3) Most people like parity. Most people understand that a sport without parity is no longer a sport. The Decisions have gone a long way in undermining parity. Unless you want to make the case that the Heat haven't been clear title favorites for three years and into the foreseeable future.

Hoping the Heat lose anytime they can is natural for anyone that cares about the health of the sport. They and whoever likes them have to understand that having a stacked deck creates animosity with the other players at the table because all they did was exist in Miami and have cap space to do it. Most teams don't have that luxury.

Last edited:
mis·an·thro·py

noun
hatred, dislike, or distrust of humankind.

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

Your underhanded editing now looks foolish since I quoted you before you did it. :D

I understand that being the resident contrarian forces you to contort yourself into a pretzel but come the **** on.

1) The Cavs would love to have Lebron force his way out and the Raptors would love to have Bosh force his way out. Getting four (or three) quarters for a dollar is still better than getting gutted and paid nothing.
2) What the players did on their second teams is purely academic. This is about what the first teams are losing, not to mention that father time is still undefeated.
3) Most people like parity. Most people understand that a sport without parity is no longer a sport. The Decisions have gone a long way in undermining parity. Unless you want to make the case that the Heat haven't been clear title favorites for three years and into the foreseeable future.

Hoping the Heat lose anytime they can is natural for anyone that cares about the health of the sport. They and whoever likes them have to understand that having a stacked deck creates animosity with the other players at the table because all they did was exist in Miami and have cap space to do it. Most teams don't have that luxury.

Basketball has never had parity. There isn't enough turnover in great players to do it and 7 game series kind of dampers the ability of playoff upsets. Basketball has always been, and will always be, David vs. Goliath. The majority of the time the favorite wins, but there are enough upsets to keep things interesting (Mavs winning, Pistons winning).

Basketball has never had parity. There isn't enough turnover in great players to do it and 7 game series kind of dampers the ability of playoff upsets. Basketball has always been, and will always be, David vs. Goliath. The majority of the time the favorite wins, but there are enough upsets to keep things interesting (Mavs winning, Pistons winning).

.... about "buckets".

Anyone but Miami. I don't like the way they mock the game, the fans, other players, the media, and pretty much everything else outside of Dwayne Wade's little Island. Lebron does amazing things on the court, but I don't like the contempt and arrogance he displays and the cowardice it takes to call himself the King all the while playing Jester for Wade.

There are many potentially intriguing storylines for the finals, imo the heat are in none of them.

Anyone but Miami. I don't like the way they mock the game, the fans, other players, the media, and pretty much everything else outside of Dwayne Wade's little Island. Lebron does amazing things on the court, but I don't like the contempt and arrogance he displays and the cowardice it takes to call himself the King all the while playing Jester for Wade.

There are many potentially intriguing storylines for the finals, imo the heat are in none of them.

Have you watch Lebron play lately? He is definitely worthy of the nickname "The King".

So because basketball has historically failed at reaching parity (the simulacrum of sporting), you have no problem with it continuing to fail in new and impressive ways? Welp, you've outdone yourself.

So because basketball has historically failed at reaching parity (the simulacrum of sporting), you have no problem with it continuing to fail in new and impressive ways? Welp, you've outdone yourself.

Is that your word of the day?

Do I wish the NBA had more parity, like the NFL. Yeah, sure I do. The simple fact is that it can't. There is nothing I or anyone on this forum can do about it. Why worry myself about how it should change? In some ways, I enjoy the NBA more because of it. Rooting for the favorites to fall. Rooting for the Lakers to lose every year, rooting for Chris Paul to fail in the playoffs, rooting for the Heat to choke in the 4th quarter, etc.