What's new

Which team does JazzFanz find themselves cheering for?

Who does JazzFanz wants to win it all this year?

• SPURS

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • GRIZZ

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • GSW

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • OKC

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • PACERS

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • NY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MIAMI

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • BULLS

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • None of the Above.

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
Anyone but Miami. I don't like the way they mock the game, the fans, other players, the media, and pretty much everything else outside of Dwayne Wade's little Island. Lebron does amazing things on the court, but I don't like the contempt and arrogance he displays and the cowardice it takes to call himself the King all the while playing Jester for Wade.

There are many potentially intriguing storylines for the finals, imo the heat are in none of them.

Yeah... Except lebron is probably the GOAT. Seriously. Wade is a footnote to what he is doing right now

Should I apologize for using a fitting word? Should I dumb myself down to your level?

Don't be a desperate hack.

tumblr_louyorHJ1I1qba508.gif

Evidence shows that professional cycling has always been full of dopers. Therefore I don't care if the next Tour champion dopes cuz it's funLoL. What use does sports have for a more level playing field? Psssh

Evidence shows that professional cycling has always been full of dopers. Therefore I don't care if the next Tour champion dopes cuz it's funLoL. What use does sports have for a more level playing field? Psssh

There is a difference between cheating by doping and the nature of basketball. That is a terrible comparison and you know it.

Basketball is the only team sport that can be heavily dominated by a singular player. The NFL comes close with the super-star QB's like Brady (which is why you saw the Patriots dominate the NFL for that stretch).

It's just the way it is. I actually think the NBA is moving into a period that may see it's highest level of parity pretty soon. Right now the clear favorite is the Heat of course, but still I don't see them as being as dominate (relative to the rest of the talent in the league) as say the early 00's Lakers or Spurs.

If the 2014 draft is really as strong as some are hyping it up to be, that will also usher in a new era of super stars who will further help out some kind of parity.

Just to bring it full circle to the original argument, I don't think what the Heat did really changed the culture all that much. I think it put the magnifying glass on the issue a bit more, but nothing really changed in my opinion. Lack of parity was apparent before The Decision, and it is just as apparent after. The only cure is more quality coaching and more quality players.

Furthermore, the parity in the Western Conference is at an all time high. Really, the only thing that is in the way of complete parity is Lebron James, because he is that ****ing good.

It isn't a bad comparison because cycling has something on which it knows it should crack down (doping: test for the right substances, and don't make the tests a sham); basketball knows how to make its sport fairer but won't (better revenue sharing).

Part of the reason the NFL has better parity:

..... Wait for it .....

Better revenue sharing.

It isn't a bad comparison because cycling has something on which it knows it should crack down (doping: test for the right substances, and don't make the tests a sham); basketball knows how to make its sport fairer but won't (better revenue sharing).

Part of the reason the NFL has better parity:

..... Wait for it .....

Better revenue sharing.

Revenue sharing plays a role, but I don't think it's that significant. Also, we have yet to see the full impact of the new luxury tax rates go into effect for a team.

While I admit to not really knowing the complexities of either revenue system, I know that the majority of the NFL's money comes from National Television deals and that the NBA team's get their money from local networks, which makes the process of fair revenue sharing much more difficult.

Revenue sharing plays a role, but I don't think it's that significant. Also, we have yet to see the full impact of the new luxury tax rates go into effect for a team.

While I admit to not really knowing the complexities of either revenue system, I know that the majority of the NFL's money comes from National Television deals and that the NBA team's get their money from local networks, which makes the process of fair revenue sharing much more difficult.

So you're taking two bad positions?

... I mean, cycling can still be amazin cuz their bodies are all to teh max.

...Basically I juss like the flashing lights on the screen. Refresh, refresh. And, I like my ability to tell a story about those lights. On a message board. To dudes that hate me.

... I mean, cycling can still be amazin cuz their bodies are all to teh max.

...Basically I juss like the flashing lights on the screen. Refresh, refresh. And, I like my ability to tell a story about those lights. On a message board. To dudes that hate me.

I really wish I had your sense of humor so I could understand your post. My low level intellect just can't understand your unicorns and rainbows.

Let's just get this wrapped up:

1. You don't think what the Heat did (or, rather, the possibility for the Heat to do what it did) is that big of a deal.

2. Even though you claim to have limited knowledge of revenue sharing profiles (and it appears these limitations are severe), you're just gonna say it isn't that big of deal.

Have I misrepresented you?

Let's just get this wrapped up:

1. You don't think what the Heat did (or, rather, the possibility for the Heat to do what it did) is that big of a deal.

2. Even though you claim to have limited knowledge of revenue sharing profiles (and it appears these limitations are severe), you're just gonna say it isn't that big of deal.

Have I misrepresented you?

Dude, you need to dumb down your lingo. I can't understand a word you are saying. Are you speaking English?

There aren't any big words in that post. Try.

Sorry man, my brain just hurts from reading. Read is hard, you know?

*We have both already stated our opinions on the topic, I feel no further reason to continue this discussion as it is going nowhere. I don't understand why you ask me to clarify when I have already done so in previous post, but here you go:

Heat thing was a big deal. I just don't think it has, or will, completely change anything.

I believe the core issue of parity in the NBA vs. other sports has to do mainly with the emphasis on how an individual's performance can affect the whole rather than emphasis team.