What's new

Who should the Jazz draft at #30?

Choose up to 3 players you'd like the Jazz to draft at #30, assuming they're available.

• Joel Ayayi

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Vrenz Bleijenberg

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Jared Butler

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Josh Christopher

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Ayo Dosunmu

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Nah'Shon Hyland

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Trey Murphy III

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Josh Primo

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Roko Prkacin

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • JT Thor

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree.

The Lakers are difficult to match in terms of salary unless for some reason they want Favors for Kuzma in some package.

Would anybody consider Favors for Knox a win? Saves us $4 million this year and gives us some youth?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I wouldn't look at Knox. Marvin Bagley works salary-wise, though the Kings would want a pick probably.

I changed my vote to Roko after watching his highlights. Kid looks awesome offensively. If his ego isn’t an issue and he’s coachable and he busts his *** on the defensive end, kid could be phenomenal. Even if his shot is awkward as ****.

I agree.

The Lakers are difficult to match in terms of salary unless for some reason they want Favors for Kuzma in some package.

Would anybody consider Favors for Knox a win? Saves us $4 million this year and gives us some youth?

I am actually a big fan of Knox. He has improved his defensive stats every year. Not great last year but decent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I am actually a big fan of Knox. He has improved his defensive stats every year. Not great last year but decent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean, if we save $4 million, what do we have to lose really? Knox is also in a contract year. If it works, great. If it doesn't, we don't have to pay Favors $10 million next season.

Thibs wants proven players. They have plenty of projects. And NY has plenty of cap room to absorb the extra $4 million Favors makes over Knox.

I changed my vote to Roko after watching his highlights. Kid looks awesome offensively. If his ego isn’t an issue and he’s coachable and he busts his *** on the defensive end, kid could be phenomenal. Even if his shot is awkward as ****.

Yeah, I'm selling the **** out of Roko and it's starting to skew the poll. To me he looks like he's 2 - 3 years ahead of Gordon Hayward's development curve though.

No. The main purpose of moving Favors is to save money. Unless we believe in Knox as a solid rotation-level player we wouldn't take him on. Knox is worse than Kuzma.
We would save $4 million which in luxury money is much more.

Of course Knox is worse than Kuzma, but we couldn't use Favors to get Kuzma anyway. And Kuzma makes more than Favors.

I would rather trade Favors for Knox than use #30 to dump him.

I mean, if we save $4 million, what do we have to lose really? Knox is also in a contract year. If it works, great. If it doesn't, we don't have to pay Favors $10 million next season.

Thibs wants proven players. They have plenty of projects. And NY has plenty of cap room to absorb the extra $4 million Favors makes over Knox.

I think you could flip Knox to OKC for a second rounder or my frequently mentioned guys Roby or Williams.

As much as I bag on the Favors deal, a big share of that is context.

If I'm a **** team, could use some help with developing good culture, have a crater at the C position, and have cap I don't know what to spend on, Favors with an asset (even a not-great one) is fine.

Finding that fit is a question, but I think the mentions of Sacramento and Charlotte are legitimate.

Butler scares me. Not athletic really and a 6’4” wingspan. We’ve seen this movie before with Trey Burke. That said, Burke always seemed to have to work hard to get everything he got, even in college. Butler looks effortless, and reminds me a little of Chris Paul. Always in control that way. And CP3 also has a 6’4” wingspan so idk what to think.

Butler scares me. Not athletic really and a 6’4” wingspan. We’ve seen this movie before with Trey Burke. That said, Burke always seemed to have to work hard to get everything he got, even in college. Butler looks effortless, and reminds me a little of Chris Paul. Always in control that way. And CP3 also has a 6’4” wingspan so idk what to think.
That's a super distinction. Who knows if it will hold up in the NBA for Butler, but it's a great point.

Not sure but whoever they pick at #30 must be able to contribute immediately at any position

Is there any issue with Roko being signed overseas? Like, it would be a pita to get him out of the contract, or he hasn’t fully committed to wanting to play in the NBA immediately? Any red flags like that at all?

Is there any issue with Roko being signed overseas? Like, it would be a pita to get him out of the contract, or he hasn’t fully committed to wanting to play in the NBA immediately? Any red flags like that at all?

I don't think so, but it's possible a few teams could see him as a draft/stash option.

I don't know. I think this pick will get traded to entice someone to take Favors contract. Or to trade back for 2nd rd picks.