What's new

Why is bumping an old thread an infractable offense?

Hotdog

What's the point of storing old threads, and even having a search feature?

I don't understand why it's ok to call people names, and attack people's ideas in the present, but heaven forbid you do it to a past idea.

The occasional necro bump probably isn't infractable, but doing it over and over and thus taking away from the readability of the site should be.

The occasional necro bump probably isn't infractable, but doing it over and over and thus taking away from the readability of the site should be.

Bingo.

When 15 of the threads on the main page are necro bumps due to an argument between two posters, the usability of the site for the rest of us is impaired.

Bingo.

When 15 of the threads on the main page are necro bumps due to an argument between two posters, the usability of the site for the rest of us is impaired.
This.
That crap hack and naos have been doing lately really really sucks. And it's stupid.

I guess we have to just listen to the retard boast about his amazingness while he says sexually inappropriate things. Got it. We can't even examine the history of his ****-making ideas. Ok.

Bingo.

You seriously are making way too much about the readability of the forum if multiple threads are bumped.

For one, the number of relevant,and interesting threads on the first page is only a handful. The rest are old ones waiting to disappear as new ones await.

Number two, what is so hard about looking at the bottom of the front page, or turn the page one to find what you want? How hard is that to do?

You are acting like It's messing up the feng shui, or the decorations of your living room, because there is now way it actually makes your life a lot harder and usability of the board harder.

He bumped like 4 threads of mine. It only makes sense to bump 4 or more of his. This goes back not being able to defend yourself. Why cant you do it, if the rules don't discourage conflict initiaton. We know the rules don't do that because it keeps happening right? This a pretty easy easy thing to see.

I guess we have to just listen to the retard boast about his amazingness while he says sexually inappropriate things. Got it. We can't even examine the history of his ****-making ideas. Ok.

Seriously

Are you talking about yourself?

You seriously are making way too much about the readability of the forum if multiple threads are bumped.

For one, the number of relevant,and interesting threads on the first page is only a handful. The rest are old ones waiting to disappear as new ones await.

Number two, what is so hard about looking at the bottom of the front page, or turn the page one to find what you want? How hard is that to do?

You are acting like It's messing up the feng shui, or the decorations of your living room, because there is now way it actually makes your life a lot harder and usability of the board harder.

He bumped like 4 threads of mine. It only makes sense to bump 4 or more of his. This goes back not being able to defend yourself. Why cant you do it, if the rules don't discourage conflict initiaton. We know the rules don't do that because it keeps happening right? This a pretty easy easy thing to see.

Ironically you're simultaneously complaining about how the rules don't discourage conflicts, and about getting infracted when we applied the rules to YOU in order to discourage the conflict which was impacting the board. If the rules had no effect, then you would have no need to complain about the infraction, would you? If it helps, I'll tell you we infracted the other guy at the same time.

My advice: take a break from the board for a few days. You obviously are taking this internet life way too seriously when you get up in arms about the need to defend yourself against a perceived rival like this.

I laughed when I saw the front page covered in Hack vs NAOS bumps.

Not a whole lot else going on in Jazz land.
I'm not surprised.
You are cut from the same cloth.
3 peas in a pod

Seriously

Are you talking about yourself?

I bumped 4 threads and you bumped 9. And, you necro-bumped one of your own threads. Someone else necro-bumped another one of your threads.

There's only one of us that said sexually inappropriate things, and it wasn't me.

Perfect reflection of the mods that we we got the same "punishment."

So, what's the point you're trying to make in the quoted post (above)?

Ironically you're simultaneously complaining about how the rules don't discourage conflicts, and about getting infracted when we applied the rules to YOU in order to discourage the conflict which was impacting the board. If the rules had no effect, then you would have no need to complain about the infraction, would you? If it helps, I'll tell you we infracted the other guy at the same time.

My advice: take a break from the board for a few days. You obviously are taking this internet life way too seriously when you get up in arms about the need to defend yourself against a perceived rival like this.

lol

I bumped 4 threads and you bumped 9. And, you necro-bumped one of your own threads. Someone else necro-bumped another one of your threads.

There's only one of us that said sexually inappropriate things, and it wasn't me.

Perfect reflection of the mods that we we got the same "punishment."

So, what's the point you're trying to make in the quoted post (above)?

When you both carry your fight over multiple threads over and over and over... you both deserved an infraction.

When you both carry your fight over multiple threads over and over and over... you both deserved an infraction.

emmk.

So we learned that Hack or anybody else can say they predicted a jazz-related event, but that you can't bump threads that demonstrate evidence against these accusations.

I wasn't swinging wildly. They were targeted and timely bumps, all related to a discussion that had been happening earlier that day. Then he necro-bumps one of his own old threads trying to prove that he did predict exactly what was talked about (only to show that he'd just copy-and-pasted something from other sites), thereby making my bumps even more topical.

And then he says sexually inappropriate stuff throughout.

I get you, though, brough. Solid leadership. Making JFC Great Again.

emmk.

So we learned that Hack or anybody else can say they predicted a jazz-related event, but that you can't bump threads that demonstrate evidence against these accusations.

I wasn't swinging wildly. They were targeted and timely bumps, all related to a discussion that had been happening earlier that day. Then he necro-bumps one of his own old threads trying to prove that he did predict exactly what was talked about (only to show that he'd just copy-and-pasted something from other sites), thereby making my bumps even more topical.

And then he says sexually inappropriate stuff throughout.

I get you, though, brough. Solid leadership. Making JFC Great Again.

Yup, by cutting down on things that affect the readability of the board.

If you had stayed with solid posting I wouldn't have to get involved. I have said my piece and I do not feel bad for you or Hack on this issue.

Think harder about what I have been saying and what you are saying. You are totally not getting it.

If you infract the person defending themselves, then what you are discouraging is someone defending themselves, not the conflict initiator.

If someone continually initiates the conflict, then they have NOT been discouraged to continue what they do. You are still making the mistake of going after the person defending themselves, who would not have to be defending themselves, had they not had to defend themselves.

Good hell, why do so many people lack logic?

Yup, by cutting down on things that affect the readability of the board.

If you had stayed with solid posting I wouldn't have to get involved. I have said my piece and I do not feel bad for you or Hack on this issue.

I'm not feeling bad for us, either. Feeling bad for y'all though.