What's new

Withey accused of domestic violence

Our law enforcement sources tell us cops were called to an incident involving Withey and Summers last year, but no report was made at the time and nobody was arrested

This speaks volumes.

Ever since the OJ Simpson case, California has passed the strictest domestic violence laws in the country. It is almost impossible for any couple to call the police without one party at least being arrested over night, often both parties are temporarily incarcerated. Even in a lot of baseless cases the police will often arrest a party and push for charges only to have those charges later dropped by the DA. Virtually 90% of all domestic violence arrests in California end up with the district attorney dropping completely or lowering the charges. The cops usually make arrests in these situations largely as a CYA, so that if something does happen later on or eventually - no one can say that the police showed up and did nothing. Again the fact that the police were called, and no arrests were made, and even further no report was even written - speaks volumes.

If she's so concerned about her safety while Withey's in L.A. wouldn't she stay with a friend or leave town? If I were in her shoes (not literally speaking because I would probably trip and fall wearing heels) and if Withey really is a violent guy I would assume pressing charges against him would royally anger him which would only increase the odds of him wanting to harm her.

I'm wondering if he's been in contact with her since the break-up and has been harassing her? If he has, I'm sure she would likely have proof. And if Withey has left her alone then I don't see why she would fear for her safety.

Also, one would think if she wanted to get away from him while she was with him, she wouldn't trash him publicly when he went on the date with another woman but would instead use it as an opportunity to get away from him/dump him. I hope the accusations aren't true and if they are Withey should be charged, but my gut is telling me something isn't right - like she wants to ruin him for cheating on her and she wants him to suffer further.

Since so little is known it's probably best not to speculate much. It's a sad situation and I hope it isn't true for both of their cases. If it's true, I hope they each receive due justice.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Hey legal people. Filing an accusation of Domestic Violence, does it automatically come with a restraining order? Or is filing charges a prerequisite first step to the restraining order? I wonder why a restraining order is not mentioned if she fears for her safety.

My point is lighten the **** up ding dong.

No can do in this case. Sorry to disapoint.

A preferable course in my view is that people (especially men) treat charges of sexual/domestic abuse with the gravity they merit and stop perpetuating the traditional good ol' boy practice of making light of them or attacking/questioning/ridiculing the women (or other people) who make them.

So, instead of me lightening the **** up, why don't you grow the **** up?

Either Jeff ****ed up and abused this woman, and deserves the punishment coming his way-- or (statistically way smaller chance) Jeff ****ed up by being in a relationship with a woman who would try to get back at him by doing something like this.

We need to keep in mind that statistically the former is much more likely, and either way Jeff ****ed up. Sad situation, hope it ends up in the best of ways for both parties.

If she's so concerned about her safety while Withey's in L.A. wouldn't she stay with a friend or leave town? If I were in her shoes (not literally speaking because I would probably trip and fall wearing heels) and if Withey really is a violent guy I would assume pressing charges against him would royally anger him which would only increase the odds of him wanting to harm her.

I'm wondering if he's been in contact with her since the break-up and has been harassing her? If he has, I'm sure she would likely have proof. And if Withey has left her alone then I don't see why she would fear for her safety.

Also, one would think if she wanted to get away from him while she was with him, she wouldn't trash him publicly when he went on the date with another woman but would instead use it as an opportunity to get away from him/dump him. I hope the accusations aren't true and if they are Withey should be charged, but my gut is telling me something isn't right - like she wants to ruin him for cheating on her and she wants him to suffer further.
Well put
He has a penis.
Not master of his Domain lol

Either Jeff ****ed up and abused this woman, and deserves the punishment coming his way-- or (statistically way smaller chance) Jeff ****ed up by being in a relationship with a woman who would try to get back at him by doing something like this.

We need to keep in mind that statistically the former is much more likely, and either way Jeff ****ed up. Sad situation, hope it ends up in the best of ways for both parties.

Yes, when determining the fate of a man we should rely on statistics. If it's the latter he didn't "**** up".

Based on the information and timing this reeks of career assassination.

You hang out with a smutty babe and this just might happen.

Yes, when determining the fate of a man we should rely on statistics. If it's the latter he didn't "**** up".

The statistics and the way these cases go about implore the importance of believing the victim-- we have seen worldwide the outcome of victim-blaming and it's ugly.

And yes, if you're dumb enough to not see red flags and propose to a woman who out of pettiness would want to torpedo your public image then you're a ****ing moron.

The statistics and the way these cases go about implore the importance of believing the victim-- we have seen worldwide the outcome of victim-blaming and it's ugly.

And yes, if you're dumb enough to not see red flags and propose to a woman who out of pettiness would want to torpedo your public image then you're a ****ing moron.

Yes, let's call him a moron for loving someone and things blowing up in his face over mistrust issues.

And you can question the motives and timing without "victim-blaming".

He's good looking? lol

6c2124da-2ab9-4cad-bd88-224c87e6e6f3.jpg

I believe this would be considered good looking by most women, especially considering the fact he is tall as ****.

Cappy's personal guarantee is that somebody paid this woman to do this now as a hopeful distraction, or to try and get Jeff temporarily suspended. Don't believe for a minute that this is just attention grabbing.

Kind of funny that somebody in the clips organization or possibly just a wealthy LA fan is this scared of the Utah Jazz. I hope it backfires and Withey comes out does his best Rudy impersonation for 3 straight games.

No can do in this case. Sorry to disapoint.

A preferable course in my view is that people (especially men) treat charges of sexual/domestic abuse with the gravity they merit and stop perpetuating the traditional good ol' boy practice of making light of them or attacking/questioning/ridiculing the women (or other people) who make them.

So, instead of me lightening the **** up, why don't you grow the **** up?

Sorry, but the timing of this is suspect. Also, I hope you never get called for Jury duty.

Cappy's personal guarantee is that somebody paid this woman to do this now as a hopeful distraction, or to try and get Jeff temporarily suspended. Don't believe for a minute this is just attention grabbing.

Kind of funny that somebody in the clips organization or possibly just a wealthy LA fan is this scared of the Utah Jazz. I hope it backfires and Withey comes out does his best Rudy impersonation for 3 straight games.

It was Bolomboy.