What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

Exactly. We can debate about how good RWB is on the court, or how much this off the court really matters.....but RWB is praised and respected by his peers. NBA players are not rando twitter posters.
It's more his contract of just over 41mil, he has not been worth that for at least 3 seasons, someone eating that much cap space alone is worth a FRP

Too much time has passed, I don't think this trade will as constructed will get done.
I’m fine with that. Would rather make no deal than a bad one. The only guy that is really impacted is JC because he can opt out. I’d like to maximize our value players now, but if we only get lowball offers I’d rather try again next offseason when they’re all expiring contracts.

Dont know why that's awesome. Utah is only getting 1 pick for 2nds and 3 quality players.

I'm overall glad we are more committed to sucking, but this wasnt a great deal. Trader Danny got got on this one.
Totally agree. Need top 6 lotto odds this year to get good return on this trade.

Dont know why that's awesome. Utah is only getting 1 pick for 2nds and 3 quality players.

I'm overall glad we are more committed to sucking, but this wasnt a great deal. Trader Danny got got on this one.
It’s awesome that we kept any of our existing 1st round picks out of the deal.

It’s disappointing that we couldn’t finagle a pick swap this year. I’d have been fine with everything else, but that seems like a HUGE missed opportunity.

Ideally the 2027 FRP is only top 3 protected
I think it gets dealt as part of a deal for a star player within the next two years. Don’t care about any protections on it - as long as the pick doesn’t revert to second rounders if it doesn’t convey.

It’s kinda boring cause this has been a trade idea for so long .

But , we get rid of conleys contract off the books , Beasley wasn’t going to be resigned , when Clarkson does the same thing , and now gives all the minutes to Ochai … plus we get the first rounder .

I liked JV , but I don’t think he fits to what we wanted to do .

I think it gets dealt as part of a deal for a star player within the next two years. Don’t care about any protections on it - as long as the pick doesn’t revert to second rounders if it doesn’t convey.
Exactly we have no intention of making that pick in 2027. This is still a high value first round pick that will net us what every price we need to put us over the top.