What's new

Worst decision of 2010

Worst decision of 2010?

• Not re-sign Matthews

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Let a division rival sign Matthews

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sign an aging player for multiple years in Matthews place just to save some money

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
He hasn't been injured he just hasn't gotten minutes. Rookies usually don't get alot unless they are on a crappy team. So IMO it's not a waist when it's his first year.

Remember Wesley Matthews, guy? You want a #9 pick that barely cracks the rotation in his rookie year? That's on him, not on Sloan. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

How's that?

Hayward's free throw percentage is better than Miles', his three point percentage blows his away, and his overall field goal percentage is just behind. Add in the fact that he's a better passer and rebounder, and that he seems like a late bloomer whose body will fill out nicely over the next couple years, and we could have a gem here. Two games have skewed his percentages sure but I think they're a better indicator of who he is then some random minutes here or there early in the season when his confidence was probably less than it is now. In short, his game is well rounded and it's obvious he tries hard.

The thing i mostly like about hayward is how high his basketball iq is. He is not liek price who will try and block every shot and end up giving and 1s instead of just 2s. HE shoots just as good as cj overall but is shooting 3s better as of late. Cj is a better rebounder i think. Hayword sure brings alot though and i love his shot. My dream is to have cj and hayword starting when ak is gone. But we will see.

Remember Wesley Matthews, guy? You want a #9 pick that barely cracks the rotation in his rookie year? That's on him, not on Sloan. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Ya westley matthews when we had like no shooting guards after getting rid of brewer. So your point is invalid. You are lieing to yourself if you think we had another sg as good as bell to start after getting rid of brewer.

Matthews is also a different man. He had four years of college playing Big East ball and thus was probably more mature both psychologically and physically to enter the NBA and be successful as compared to some 20 year old kid who's a late bloomer. Your point is noted but on better teams like ours, a rookie coming in and starting is not the norm. I love everything about Hayward except for his lack of athleticism. In the past two games, I've seen a few plays where he rounds the corner so to speak and not only doesn't have the hops to dunk it, but he doesn't even take it to the rim, seemingly not out of choice but because of limited athletic ability. I'd like to see kid kill the gym this summer.

Matthews is also a different man. He had four years of college playing Big East ball and thus was probably more mature both psychologically and physically to enter the NBA and be successful as compared to some 20 year old kid who's a late bloomer. Your point is noted but on better teams like ours, a rookie coming in and starting is not the norm. I love everything about Hayward except for his lack of athleticism. In the past two games, I've seen a few plays where he rounds the corner so to speak and not only doesn't have the hops to dunk it, but he doesn't even take it to the rim, seemingly not out of choice but because of limited athletic ability. I'd like to see kid kill the gym this summer.

iawtp

Hayward seems really fragile out there...like if a strong breeze came through the arena, he would just fall over or something.

Hayward seems really fragile out there...like if a strong breeze came through the arena, he would just fall over or something.

He seems really weak, but I'll give it to him that he doesn't back down. (Usually gets 1 or 2 stupid fouls for trying to get too physical when he starts)

To a degree, I agree. He looks like he could fill out very nicely as far as his body is concerned. He's already on his way there. He also has good body control when in the air. He needs to put the two together and take that **** hard so that if he's challenged he won't back down, and instead will draw the foul or hit the And-1.

So I guess what I'm saying is his confidence or ego seem a little fragile but he also doesn't appear to be a sissy like 47. If the kid develops, he could be solid. Perhaps RIP-ish in the sense that he could be crafty and not athletic really.

*an English
*Thought
*Major

DJ, you should practice your language at all times, because, like math, you, generally speaking, will tend to forget it.

*an English
*Thought
*Major

DJ, you should practive your language at all times, because, like math, you, generally speaking, will tend to forget it.

Actually I know how to spell all the words i just am not a good typer. So I wont forget it it until I'm old. You don't forget how to spell or count.