What's new

WTF is Hayward doing on the court?

Bodhi

Contributor
Please tell me what Hayward did to deserve to play ALL of both OT's. You'll rarely hear me ask for more CJ but tonight I can't for the life of me comprehend Ty's thinking. I'm at a loss.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but how many points did Hayward's man score in those two OT periods? Honestly curious.

I agree. Quite unremarkable game and we have other guys that .. well .. could have certainly done better.

He did a lot of little things that you won't see on the stats sheet. He needed to go back to the drive and handoff to Favors. His problem is that if something doesn't work (IE: A shot or a pass) he quits.

I think he was hoping Hayward would start shooting. Hayward has come up pretty clutch in moments. He just look petrified tonight though at the idea of shooting the ball.

He did a lot of little things that you won't see on the stats sheet. He needed to go back to the drive and handoff to Favors. His problem is that if something doesn't work (IE: A shot or a pass) he quits.

Obviously, we needed slightly bigger things.

His shot is off terribly, but I agree with weezur he does do alot of little things that help the team. WTF is wrong with his shot though? it looks pretty, but his accuracy is pathetic. Hopefully he can figure it out.

I actually agree with this. It was clear after the offensive foul Hayward didn't want to be out there. Miles should have been out there because at least Toronto would have to guard him.

/shrug

Please tell me what Hayward did to deserve to play ALL of both OT's. You'll rarely hear me ask for more CJ but tonight I can't for the life of me comprehend Ty's thinking. I'm at a loss.
I agree on all points, I was wanting CJ instead of Wayward, I mean Hayward from sometime in the third quarter.

Hayward has no idea what a good shot is? It is frustrating and and shocking how he seems to not know when to shoot.

To the "how many points did his man have", I can't say for sure but I saw him totally get lost two times in OT and not rotate correctly more than once on D, so no, IMO he didn't "make up" for being TERRIBLE on the offensive end.

Sorry but CJ should have been playing. THis was probably the worse coaching job Ty has done all year. It was obvious that besides Millsap there was no one willing to take a shot. Harris can't seem to make important outside shots or FTs when it counts. Toronto was just daring the Jazz to shoot it from outside.

The real problem is that the Jazz still have a team of players who cannot score outside of system. So it breaks down the Jazz are in trouble.

Hayward sucked lately ( his shot is off all season though) and please do not look for excuses like he had some rebounds or did something what does not show on game sheet. Kid got blocked couple times ( JJ owned him tonight) and his game got deflated like popped balloon. Good coaches usually bench players when they see that they look like deer in daylight after that and look for replacements. Time for Hayward to hit bench and give his minutes to CJ or Howard.

i would have liked to see Burks get a few more minutes. He makes things happen with his drives, usually good things.

I'm really baffled by this. The kid was a shell of himself by the time he came out in the 3rd. I'm absolutely shocked Ty left him in for the last of the 4th and both OT's. But then Ty thought we needed Hayward and Bell for 37 and 38 minutes so...there you have it.

i would have liked to see Burks get a few more minutes. He makes things happen with his drives, usually good things.
This. Sure he gets a little out of control sometimes (but still seems to make a decent pass), but I see some real promise. Surely overall he`s as good if not better than any guard or wing we have.

I'll add that Hayward and Favors both need these types of minutes to grow. There'll be some growing pains before the Jazz get to be the team KOC planned them to be and these are the growing pains.