What's new

Yesterday - Bundy Ranch

"Man does not simply exist but always decided what his existence will be, what he will become the next moment. By the same token, every human being has the freedom to change at any instant."

- Viktor Frankl (Holocaust survivor)

If someone had been through what Frankl had been through can say that, then what's Bundy's excuse?

To answer your question:

1. I'd ask myself why those people are doing stuff to me.
2. I'd go through the legal processes set up.
3. I would pay my fines and/move away.

A few years back I was cruising on the east side of SL valley. The speed limit wasn't posted and I was trying to make it to a game. I turned this corner and saw out of the corner of my eye a cop hiding in a LDS church parking lot. I knew immediately I was screwed. He came up, lights blazing, and I received a ticket.

Did I agree with the ticket? Heck no. Speed limit hadn't been posted for miles.
Did I like it? Of course not.
Is it illegal for a cop to hide in church parking lots? I thought so.
Did I appeal it? Absolutely.
Did I lose? Yep.
Did I pay the fine or start a cry asking for anarchists around to bring guns? I paid the fine.

Does that answer your question?

I don't feel like anything Bundy has done justifies his #1 mistake, he broke the law by using federal lands without paying the fees. Whatever happens after is inconsequential in my mind.

He had the choice decades ago to decide what kind of man he was going to be. He chose to be a welfare queen and refused to pay his fees. If I were his bishop I would immediately revoke his temple recommend/membership until he had changed. He's using his free agency to break laws and promote evil.

What part of law abiding citizens do the Bundy's not understand?

What would you do or think if I tore up half of liberty park for my own selfish desires?

Try to set aside your indictments of the Bundy's for a moment.
What if you weren't speeding?
What if the cop pulled you over for drinking and driving, even though you weren't?
What if the cop lied about you failing a roadside sobriety test? What if you were arrested and charged, your car impounded, and your name smeared?
What if you went to court and lost.. and any appeal... but come to find out the cop had an economic interest in your demise?
Let's say you are a large concrete contractor and you're bidding on a multimillion dollar job against the cop's brother?

There's no right or wrong answer. People are built differently.
One thing, though, is if I knew what had happened to you I would defend you against those who didn't know the details and just called you a drinkin and drivin *******.

So far what I've learned from Thriller is that if you live in a rural area, and you're religious…you're probably cheap and racist.

What a great guy he is.

Try to set aside your indictments of the Bundy's for a moment.
What if you weren't speeding?
What if the cop pulled you over for drinking and driving, even though you weren't?
What if the cop lied about you failing a roadside sobriety test? What if you were arrested and charged, your car impounded, and your name smeared?
What if you went to court and lost.. and any appeal... but come to find out the cop had an economic interest in your demise?
Let's say you are a large concrete contractor and you're bidding on a multimillion dollar job against the cop's brother?

There's no right or wrong answer. People are built differently.
One thing, though, is if I knew what had happened to you I would defend you against those who didn't know the details and just called you a drinkin and drivin *******.

I don't know?

I think you're using hypotheticals to the extreme here.

Are you suggesting that Bundy never did use federal lands? Or that he really did pay the fines?

I've never heard of anyone denying or diminishing what crimes he had committed. I've just always heard that the Feds have too much land and that they shouldn't. No one I've seen or read about has denied that Bundy has committed crimes. Just that he shouldn't be punished because the guvmint is just too powerful.

I don't know?

Are you suggesting that Bundy never did use federal lands? Or that he really did pay the fines?

I've never heard of anyone denying or diminishing what crimes he had committed. I've just always heard that the Feds have too much land and that they shouldn't. No one I've seen or read about has denied that Bundy has committed crimes. Just that he shouldn't be punished because the guvmint is just too powerful.

Bundy paid his fees until 1993 when the BLM told him he had to pay the fees AND reduce his herd by about 80%.

Follow this.

Harry Reid and Senator Ensign co-founded a bill to allow the ease of selling public lands to private owners in NV.
Environmentalist groups (that are owned by attorneys) begin suing the BLM for the protection of endangered species.
BLM takes action to reduce burden on the desert tortoise (for example). This puts all of the ranchers out of business as they can't pay grazing fees with such drastic limitations to the size of their herds.

Now fast forward to these same lands being later privatized. To whom? Mainly developers.. now where are the environmentalists??
Interesting that no one seems to give a **** that Reid passed bills allowing these things to happen and now owns large chunks of land that used to belong to ranchers and are now destined for development and the tortoise removed from the land.

Bundy may be a backward hick.. but I'm more focused on abuse of power to a devastating and disgusting degree.

I don't know?

Just a suggestion. . . .

Perhaps you should be as skeptical about your news sources. . . . you know, the folks who won't deal with the facts when it suits their purpose to just throw out hate and slander on the Saul Alinsky political action model. . . .