What's new

Yesterday - Bundy Ranch

No, I would not compromise the message. That's what gets people confused, what skews things. You gots to keep your priorities in order. If it's just the attention you want, then what are you fighting for? If you're willing to skew your message to get more attention, then perhaps the message you want to get out isn't that important anyways.

Not really responding to this post, per se, but jumping in..

So we got started in this thing about 3 weeks ago. Have visited the family twice.

This new chapter BEGAN as a concern for the feds jumping the gun and murdering the Bundy family. (I know that sounds crazy, but it is what it is)
Then, as more people started showing up in support, it became an "us vs. them" thing and where I largely lost interest in participating... as it's dumb.

Some of these guys down there REALLY think they can 'win.' Retarded.

It's kind of sad how this has come to be.. and I hope it soon ratchets down.

I don't know.. is it the non-voter's fault? Or is it that every elected official gets persuaded by special interest groups, lobbyists, elites??

What's the head?

I know that you don't think that every elected official gets persuaded by SIG's, so why bring it up? The non-voter is the biggest factor, again, in my opinion. I think it would be fun to ask the militia people down there who they voted for as their state senators and congressmen. I'd bet a dollar to a hole in a donut that more than half didn't even vote in the last election, and yet, there they are complaining and fighting about the government that they were too lazy to change themselves. I could be wrong, maybe they all voted, but... Ya.

These judges are some of the most fervently pro-Constitution and liberty people in the nation. It's basically their job description.

Holy ****, this. x10.

I think most our politicians are pretty damn good people and well intentioned. A lot of Americans are spiteful little bitches who cast judgment on politicians because they're too damn stupid or lazy to try and understand the complex decisions these folks have to make. Politicians make plenty of mistakes, but they're usually well intentioned mistakes.

If more people bothered to get involved -- even at the lowest city levels -- this would be common knowledge. Franklin speaks absolute truth.

That's an overly-idealistic way of thinking about it. I'll let you ponder it some more. Logical processes like these don't always pan out in the real-world-- particularly in a fight when the person you're taking on is significantly more powerful than yourself.

In the mean-time, I'l head back to my finals-studying. I'll try to keep up with the progression of this.

Maybe you could make this argument if the extra attention was helping his message. I don't think this is the case. I also think these people are probably adding fuel to the fire to the anti-gun crowd. Now that Mr. Bundy has the medias attention he has the opportunity to gain some legitimacy by publicly asking the militias to leave. Hopefully he sees it that way because most people will have forgotten about the controversy in a weeks time.

What changed after Waco? A dude lost his job. These people are not going to change anything until first convincing the American public and that takes time, lots of it. A standoff in the desert is a pointless pissing contest.

Maybe you could make this argument if the extra attention was helping his message. I don't think this is the case. I also think these people are probably adding fuel to the fire to the anti-gun crowd. Now that Mr. Bundy has the medias attention he has the opportunity to gain some legitimacy by publicly asking the militias to leave. Hopefully he sees it that way because most people will have forgotten about the controversy in a weeks time.

What changed after Waco? A dude lost his job. These people are not going to change anything until first convincing the American public and that takes time, lots of it. A standoff in the desert is a pointless pissing contest.

I have the same feelings. Pick up a mic, grab a reporter, tell the armed militia dumbasses to go home. That little gesture would do tons for his credibility.

I have the same feelings. Pick up a mic, grab a reporter, tell the armed militia dumbasses to go home. That little gesture would do tons for his credibility.

Maybe you should go down there and do that. lol

(I kid bro, want you alive..)

It seems to me that they are doing to opposite. That they are encouraging the militia prescence and are only askign that they do not openly carry. Just my perception and I may be off base here.

A "Freedom Railroad" is being set up as a way to ferry more people to the Bundy ranch.

Edit: Also resports from those supporting the Bundy's that they are now having problems calling out on their cell phones in that area.

Maybe you should go down there and do that. lol

(I kid bro, want you alive..)
No thanks. Mostly because I'm enjoying all of this idiocy and chest thumping. I seriously hope it doesn't escalate into shooting, but up until that point, this is tragically awesome.

It seems to me that they are doing to opposite. That they are encouraging the militia prescence and are only askign that they do not openly carry. Just my perception and I may be off base here.

A "Freedom Railroad" is being set up as a way to ferry more people to the Bundy ranch.
Maybe the riders can get an order of Freedom Fries while they chug along, and maybe a shirt with the flag and a bald eagle on it. If I were a dentist, I'd get on board and pass out business cards by the thousands, tbh. Virtual cornucopia, yo.

Maybe the riders can get an order of Freedom Fries while they chug along, and maybe a shirt with the flag and a bald eagle on it. If I were a dentist, I'd get on board and pass out business cards by the thousands, tbh. Virtual cornucopia, yo.

Hahahaha

No thanks. Mostly because I'm enjoying all of this idiocy and chest thumping. I seriously hope it doesn't escalate into shooting, but up until that point, this is tragically awesome.

well at least I can say I went down there myself to see what was going on, first hand.. and be sure to hear all sides and not just what is 'fed' to me.

(that's not directed to anyone here, I'm just genuinely glad I did)

well at least I can say I went down there myself to see what was going on, first hand.. and be sure to hear all sides and not just what is 'fed' to me.

(that's not directed to anyone here, I'm just genuinely glad I did)

I'm not surprised you did either. You've made a habit of long travel in order to help people or to see both sides. It's admirable, really. <\egostroke>

I'm not surprised you did either. You've made a habit of long travel in order to help people or to see both sides. It's admirable, really. <\egostroke>

<3

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];802909 said:
Has Clive Bundy start his range war to hang cattle thieves like he make promise? These his word not mine.

you're flat.

The BLM has been trying to get Bundy to keep his cattle off federal land for years. After 20 years of free grazing (he didn't pay $1M+ in grazing fees), they are finally removing them (and he will get them back).

Bundy argues his family has been grazing before the BLM was created, but the US existed, and the grazing land incorporated US territory. They are not taking his land away. They are protecting federal land. I don't see what the issue is here. The federal government employs principles of land use planning and environmental protection to preserve the natural resources and scenic beauty found on public land. A determination has been made and upheld by courts that this land is better off preserved than grazed upon.

The BLM has been trying to get Bundy to keep his cattle off federal land for years. After 20 years of free grazing (he didn't pay $1M+ in grazing fees), they are finally removing them (and he will get them back).

Bundy argues his family has been grazing before the BLM was created, but the US existed, and the grazing land incorporated US territory. They are not taking his land away. They are protecting federal land. I don't see what the issue is here. The federal government employs principles of land use planning and environmental protection to preserve the natural resources and scenic beauty found on public land. A determination has been made and upheld by courts that this land is better off preserved than grazed upon.

Not so sure of that. Reports of calves being seperated form their mothers and dying. They also tried to use an auction house in Richfield, UT that came under heavy criticism. Plan is to remove the cattle from his custody completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5qzes12KA&list=TLiMfrvgm6JgeIevym1rW8-Sz3ggQBzlIN
lol. Just googled iii%. These guys are worse than ignorant hillbillies they're a bunch of delusional suburbanites. If this guy goes down there and gets tazed please send me a link to the vid.

Heyhey those guys believe what they are saying, that is the thing. They believe in what they are doing and I think if the situation deteriorates they will fight.

Foolosh or not they believe in and are dedicated to what they do. That makes them the most dangerous of the protestors. If a bunch of them start getting tased I'd expect a more violent reaction than you typical protestor.