What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Memphis has never had a wing who can potentially be a big scorer from the wing like (SG) RJ Barrett and Memphis loves Ja but also likes what RJ can also bring . Conley trade with Utah might signal Memphis draft thoughts.

For my worthless 2cents ………. Jazz will regret trading someone (Exum) that can grow with Mitchell as opposed to Mitchell deferring to Conley an older player that will hurt the Jazz defensive length and athleticism ,2 commodities all elite teams are trying to get for their teams

The dudes made of glass and when he rarely is healthy he has mostly sucked.

Snell: 11m, 12m
Ersan: 7m, 7m

Bucks own 30th and 60th picks.

Would Jazz take either contract for a late first round pick?

Snell: 11m, 12m
Ersan: 7m, 7m

Bucks own 30th and 60th picks.

Would Jazz take either contract for a late first round pick?

I don't think the Bucks can trade #30 because they have sent out so many 1st rounders in the future.

Now if Milwaukee sent us an unprotected 1st in 2024, I'd take Ilyasova all day. There is no telling how good that pick could be if Giannis demanded out.

If Favors isn't in the discussions I wonder if the Jaz could extend him at a lesser rate? What would the process need to be to restructure favors? Do they Jazz have to pick up his option... Would Favors extend to a 4 year deal for less money per year? If he likes it here he may want the security, but is it realistic?

I wonder if the Jazz have found the foundation of a trade package Memphis likes AND allows them to keep Favors. It would make them pushing for this trade before even looking at free agency make a lot of sense.

If Favors isn't in the discussions I wonder if the Jaz could extend him at a lesser rate? What would the process need to be to restructure favors? Do they Jazz have to pick up his option... Would Favors extend to a 4 year deal for less money per year? If he likes it here he may want the security, but is it realistic?
If I recall correctly Favors' deal is a non-guaranteed contract rather than a team option. Consequently he cannot be renegotiated, he can only be guaranteed or dropped. The only way he could be on the Jazz for less money next year than currently planned is if a) the Jazz don't guarantee his contract, b) he passes through the waiver wire without another team picking up his current deal, and then c) he agrees to a new contract with the Jazz for less money.

If I recall correctly Favors' deal is a non-guaranteed contract rather than a team option. Consequently he cannot be renegotiated, he can only be guaranteed or dropped. The only way he could be on the Jazz for less money next year than currently planned is if a) the Jazz don't guarantee his contract, b) he passes through the waiver wire without another team picking up his current deal, and then c) he agrees to a new contract with the Jazz for less money.
Isn't there a rule, though, that you can't sign someone you've waived for a year?

We're trying to contend not rebuild. We're past the stage of eating bad contracts for meh picks.

Ilyasova just played in 15 playoff games at 18 minutes per game for the #1 seed who made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. He's not some bum. Considering our needs at "stretch 4", I think he would be a wise addition at $7 million if he came with a 1st rounder.