What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Give this like 60 seconds worth of consideration. Reportedly, the T'wolves are "aggressively" shopping Wiggins. I think he's got 3 more years left on his deal. Yes, he's overpaid, but what if Minnesota attached this year's lottery pick (11) and another FRP.

Here's the thing, I think Wiggins can play at the 4. I know he's been disappointing relative to expectations, but I think he's basically Harrison Barnes (with a little more bounce). If he were given a clear role and could stay in his lane, he might be able to contribute. Plus, we'd get to draft in the lottery, something that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Probably, we don't want to do it, but it's out there.

Assuming 11 and Wiggins for Favors, Exum, and 23? I'd... consider that actually.

Strong no on Wiggins, dude that scrawny isn't playing the 4 effectively, and that salary would kneecap us for the foreseeable future. #11 isn't all that interesting of place to be in this draft to me.

Give this like 60 seconds worth of consideration. Reportedly, the T'wolves are "aggressively" shopping Wiggins. I think he's got 3 more years left on his deal. Yes, he's overpaid, but what if Minnesota attached this year's lottery pick (11) and another FRP.

Here's the thing, I think Wiggins can play at the 4. I know he's been disappointing relative to expectations, but I think he's basically Harrison Barnes (with a little more bounce). If he were given a clear role and could stay in his lane, he might be able to contribute. Plus, we'd get to draft in the lottery, something that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Probably, we don't want to do it, but it's out there.
I would do it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Beverley I could see being a tough sell (I mentioned there could be other options there for guards). And I think you're thinking of the wrong Lopez brother. Robin just spent half the season coming off Chicago's bench.

Somebody like Cory Joseph might be the more realistic PG bench guy.

I'd just sign Caruso to a minimum contract. I think we should do that no matter what else we do though.

We should just wait sth to happen before we discuss anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Strong no on Wiggins, dude that scrawny isn't playing the 4 effectively, and that salary would kneecap us for the foreseeable future. #11 isn't all that interesting of place to be in this draft to me.

I think Wiggins can get fixed, a new team , coaching staff etc. But maybe I'm biased because I'm a Canadian

I actually like the Illyasova idea. If we lose 23 in a Conley deal then I bet one of our targets will be there at 30, and he’d get playing time for us.

Would round out our team nicely after a Conley deal. But what would the trade look like?

I think Wiggins can get fixed, a new team , coaching staff etc. But maybe I'm biased because I'm a Canadian
If we could get Wiggins and draft Doumbouya with #11, I'm game. Our athleticism just skyrocketed. Our potential would be at a different level if Wiggins could just a little figure it out.

If Korver and Bradley are part of the deal, we have around $10 million in cap space. Who knows, maybe Favors stays long term. We would have more than the MLE which eliminates most teams.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I actually like the Illyasova idea. If we lose 23 in a Conley deal then I bet one of our targets will be there at 30, and he’d get playing time for us.

Would round out our team nicely after a Conley deal. But what would the trade look like?
We agree to take Ilyasova after July 1. When Milwaukee selects #30, they are selecting it for us. We just absorb both into our cap space we will have after renouncing Rubio, Thabo and Udoh.

With Korver and Favors completely intact, we still have around $8 million. If we waive/stretch Korver, we have around $14 million. If we waive Favors, we have around $32 million.

If we got Ilyasova and #30 for nothing, I think we gotta consider it. For all those people pining over Mirotic, Ilyasova played ahead of him in the playoffs. He is also only making $7 million next year and is nonguaranteed for 2020-21.

If we get in the market for Harris, we are a simple Korver waive and stretch away from max space. We could still sign Russell if we have Ilyasova.

If we are honest with ourselves, Ilyasova is the kind of player we end up signing if we strike out in big boy free agency. If we like someone at #30, might as well get a rotation player for free too. All comes down to how much we like somebody at #30.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/report-bucks-trying-trade-tony-211510985.html

I want Ilyasova and Conley.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/jazz/l...ve-and-jeremy-woo-of-si-com-on-the-nba-draft/

#LockeWatch: "The more I talk to people around the league, the more I think about things I'm guessing a large portion of what the Jazz do this off-season is going to be done PRIOR to July 1st"

-Jazz want talent upgrade - significant interest in doing it at PG
-less of an interest of doing it at PF if you can keep Favors.
-slight upgrade at PF? if you keep Favors (i.e. what Locke did in the mock draft - TRADE THE FIRST ROUNDER for player who cannot stay on the floor in the playoffs!!!!)
-Kemba is probably not possible - he's not leaving supermax to come to Utah, also has options for NY and LA...
-Jimmy Butler - probably not interested in
-Middleton - not likely - MKE probably going to pay him
-Harris - if Butler leaves PHI, Harris is going to stay, but if he leaves, there are lots of of other options for him
-he seems to think the Jazz don't have much of a chance with the FAs above
-the only options left - Russell and Conley
-He's heard Russell and PHX are tied together and likely destination for DLo
-if you can, why not just do Conley deal now then? That's the safe route. if you can do it without losing Favors, is it even more appealing?

So in essence - Locke is selling the security of getting Conley and not risking being left empty-handed. I hate this mode of thinking so ****ing much. It's the exact frame of mind that has us in the position we are - keep picking the safest route with the highest floor and keep avoiding taking chances just so you don't end up in the worst case scenario.

Anyone interested in making a play for Horford to **** with Ainge?

Also, all this supposed theorizing by the FO to maneuver things in such a way to keep Favors under all scenarios makes me feel like they're playing fantasy basketball.