What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

The Ben Simmons unlikeability thing is more of a Jazzfanz/Aussie thing than Philly thing.

All U Muppets don't understand basketball. In the NBA today U need athleticism to win.

Athleticism is nice.....but being a GOOD shooter is even better and you don't have to be all that athletic to accoplish that! Just think what JJ Reddick would have done for us against Houston....and he's not all that athletic! Rather than have the "athletic" Mitchell playing one on one or taking the game into his own hands, passing to a wide open Reddick is basicallly a 4 point turnaround, the 2 or even 3 we make with Reddick and the 2 they don't get when Mitchell forces some slop that turns into a fast break basket for them!

Keep in mind the Jazz are playing to win NEXT year, not the year after or the year after that! No need to stock pile draft choices when we have the talent, athleticism and basketball brains to win the whole thing next year! Durant is leaving GS....Houston can be beaten as can Portland and Denver. We stack a deck for NEXT year and that's all to it! We are two decent shooters away to doing that!

Keep in mind the Jazz are playing to win NEXT year, not the year after or the year after that! No need to stock pile draft choices when we have the talent, athleticism and basketball brains to win the whole thing next year! Durant is leaving GS....Houston can be beaten as can Portland and Denver. We stack a deck for NEXT year and that's all to it! We are two decent shooters away to doing that!
If you gave me the option of a late lottery 2020 pick or some limited shooter role player, I take the draft pick. We need another really good player not another solid player. If we strike out in free agency, we gotta get draft picks to either draft well or trade for the really good player.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Tony Jones did a Q and A today on The Athletic website. Someone asked what an ideal offseason would look like for the Jazz, this was his response: "For the Jazz (taking my version of ideal out of it), it would be to land Walker. Failing that, landing Harris, spending the veterans exception on Dedmon from Atlanta, and finding a shooter with the 4.7 million room exception and finding a rotation level player in the draft would be a pretty good summer. Also, Grayson Allen's summer is big as well. There's a chance he could develop into a rotation piece. The Jazz need that to happen."

He also said the Jazz have no interest in Jabari and he doesn't think they have any interest in Jeremy Lamb. He said if the Jazz happened to sign Tobias they would likely move Donovan to point guard and Royce to starting shooting guard. He said a trade for Conley is unlikely because they don't have the contracts to trade that they did at the deadline. Said Bogdanovic might be an under the radar guy to keep and eye on.

walker or harris... that will be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If you gave me the option of a late lottery 2020 pick or some limited shooter role player, I take the draft pick. We need another really good player not another solid player. If we strike out in free agency, we gotta get draft picks to either draft well or trade for the really good player.

So in a very weak draft we might get a poor man's Grayson Allen? Hold me back...I can't wait!

Man 2020 projects to be such an *** year offseason wise between the lackluster FAs and the (so far at least) weak draft.

So in a very weak draft we might get a poor man's Grayson Allen? Hold me back...I can't wait!
I would rather get a 1st rounder by taking back somebody like MKG than spend similar money like we did on Thabo, Udoh and Jerekbo.

We need great players or we need assets. We don't need guys who are good guys who can't make a difference come playoff time. If we swing and miss on big free agents, we better go for assets with our space.

Unfortunately, I’m getting the impression that they view this a lot like downloading an MP3 on 56k.... you’ve spent three hours and you’re at 92%. If you interrupt the download now, you’ve lost all the progress on the 92%. They at least want to wait for the other 8% to find out they don’t even like the song.
Good stuff there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sign Paul Millsap and trade Favors and Exum for Conley. Decent shooting fodder for the bench i.e. D League up and comers.

why is that? cuz we are utah? just like pg signed with LA over okc? oh wait.

you never know

He’s not coming, and yes because we are Utah. Concentrate on trades, draft and second tier free agents. The only way the Jazz will get ahead.

why is that? cuz we are utah? just like pg signed with LA over okc? oh wait.

you never know

Stop using PG to OKC stuff. He had spent a year there, he was friends with Russ, they could offer him the most money, he felt comfortable there and thought they could do better going forward.

Nothing of that applies for Harris to Utah. And after the Philly trade he was giving vibes like him and Philly had wink wink agreement. Sixers are the heavy favorites. Jazz are just hoping to get some attention.