What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Never heard of any attitude problems, attitude or anything like that. Could he have handled leaving better, yes, but no one is perfect. With that said, I’d love to have Hayward the person/player, but not the contract tied to him.

He's just really awkward and socially immature. I don't think he has an attitude problem... I think he needs the right teammates and environment to be his best self. Tatum, Brown are more assertive than he is so maybe Kyrie leaving doesn't cure his issues.

@Lakers_Slapper

I've been aware for some time that you like to romanticize the past like some old timer who thinks things were so much better way back when. I also know your MJ worship is always full on.

I'm 41. I've seen it all that you're referring to. MJ was incredible but not some Greek unstoppable God you make him out to be.

What Mitchell has done in his first two years is comparable to what MJ did in his. I don't give two ***** if you agree or not. In terms of results, it's actually better. MJ couldn't win without help and an elite coach.

You and I have debated the past before. We are probably close in age. I choose to acknowledge that players and the game get bigger, stronger, faster, better. You're going to think that guys like Robert Parrish would stay on the court in today's game. Anybody with logic knows the game has evolved but hey, keep telling us about the good ole days.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I'm horrified with
@Lakers_Slapper

I've been aware for some time that you like to romanticize the past like some old timer who thinks things were so much better way back when. I also know your MJ worship is always full on.

I'm 41. I've seen it all that you're referring to. MJ was incredible but not some Greek unstoppable God you make him out to be.

What Mitchell has done in his first two years is comparable to what MJ did in his. I don't give two ***** if you agree or not. In terms of results, it's actually better. MJ couldn't win without help and an elite coach.

You and I have debated the past before. We are probably close in age. I choose to acknowledge that players and the game get bigger, stronger, faster, better. You're going to think that guys like Robert Parrish would stay on the court in today's game. Anybody with logic knows the game has evolved but hey, keep telling us about the good ole days.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
What a disgrace this is. The disrespect U have shown Jordan with this crap..... Donovan had the worst playoffs since 1973. U might watch basketball but U most certainly have no idea about the game

One of the Jazz reporters mentioned that the Jazz's PR staff did a great job covering up that Hayward wasn't a great teammate. I don't remember who reported that though.

One of the Jazz reporters mentioned that the Jazz's PR staff did a great job covering up that Hayward wasn't a great teammate. I don't remember who reported that though.
We KNOW he's a bad teammate. Or at the very least, completely milquetoast and feckless. Anyone got the link for the supercut of every scrum that happened while he was here and he walks away every single time a teammate gets in one?

Getting back to the general purpose of this thread. Guy I am interested in if Favs is waived... Noah Vonleh. Would primarily be backup center, but could survive in limited minutes with Rudy if we needed. He's only 23 and has clearly gotten much better and stronger. Would be interested to see what he could provide in a functional environment with good coaching. Think he could be had for the room exception... 2 years 9M in total.

Taj Gibson would probably be my first choice if he took that salary amount, but Vonleh has a little upside still imo.

Getting back to the general purpose of this thread. Guy I am interested in if Favs is waived... Noah Vonleh. Would primarily be backup center, but could survive in limited minutes with Rudy if we needed. He's only 23 and has clearly gotten much better and stronger. Would be interested to see what he could provide in a functional environment with good coaching. Think he could be had for the room exception... 2 years 9M in total.

Taj Gibson would probably be my first choice if he took that salary amount, but Vonleh has a little upside still imo.
Gibson also can't shoot. He's also short. He's also old.

I think you zeroed in on exactly the kind of player I would look for; a big that isn't a slouch protecting the rim and can shoot a basketball that somehow flew under-the-radar so could believably sign here and for cheap-ish.

Gibson also can't shoot. He's also short. He's also old.

I think you zeroed in on exactly the kind of player I would look for; a big that isn't a slouch protecting the rim and can shoot a basketball that somehow flew under-the-radar so could believably sign here and for cheap-ish.

Taj I like because he's a vet, moves well for a big, is a bitch to box out on the offensive glass... and he hit 38.5% on the corner three... so he can do some Favors like stuff but has a little wrinkle... he's more proven.

I'm just watching the slow grind of the playoffs and thinking guys like this are valuable. I'm confident we can land a cost effective backup big that will give us a fair amount of what we lose in Favors.

Taj I like because he's a vet, moves well for a big, is a bitch to box out on the offensive glass... and he hit 38.5% on the corner three... so he can do some Favors like stuff but has a little wrinkle... he's more proven.

I'm just watching the slow grind of the playoffs and thinking guys like this are valuable. I'm confident we can land a cost effective backup big that will give us a fair amount of what we lose in Favors.
On the topic of proven:

I appreciate that about Gibson, HOWEVER, he's also the only other starting PF in the league last year that shot threes at a lower-rate than Favors (by a substantial margin, BTW) and volume matters. I am entirely skeptical that a 33-year old has the kind of volume jump necessary to make him a threat, as I am also skeptical that he functions as an effective full-time center.

What do people think Marcus Morris will go for and how do you feel about him. He plays hard, plays decent defense, he can create a little for himself, and can shoot the 3 well.

What do people think Marcus Morris will go for and how do you feel about him. He plays hard, plays decent defense, he can create a little for himself, and can shoot the 3 well.

I’m guessing both Morris’ don’t fit our team culture... I don’t think we would consider them.

On the topic of proven:

I appreciate that about Gibson, HOWEVER, he's also the only other starting PF in the league last year that shot threes at a lower-rate than Favors (by a substantial margin, BTW) and volume matters. I am entirely skeptical that a 33-year old has the kind of volume jump necessary to make him a threat, as I am also skeptical that he functions as an effective full-time center.

Yeah I think he’d just be a backup center... not sure how effective he’d be but he’d give a different look than Rudy. I think he could do a little switching.

Maybe Vonleh is the better option... I just think there are plenty of gettable options.

Just saw odds that Brooklyn is favored to sign Kyrie... if that happens, I think we have to go hard after Russell
Uhh... even though their two best players are PGs in a league moving away from PGs? That would be odd, but I guess they could get cents on the dollar for Dinwiddie? Letting Russell walk would also be atrocious asset-management and insane opportunity cost, and none of those three players are coming off the bench.

That's weird if true.

Just saw odds that Brooklyn is favored to sign Kyrie... if that happens, I think we have to go hard after Russell

I’m not a big fan... if he is significantly less than the max I could get on board. He had a few things that scare me and has some of the same struggles as DM... not sure they could find balance together.

Uhh... even though their two best players are PGs in a league moving away from PGs? That would be odd, but I guess they could get cents on the dollar for Dinwiddie? Letting Russell walk would also be atrocious asset-management and insane opportunity cost, and none of those three players are coming off the bench.

That's weird if true.

Dinwiddie would be a strong trade asset... could get a first all day long on his bargain contract. I think Kyrie is a lot better than Russell but I’m not sure how good he is.

I'm not sure either one of these guy's have that "Jazz DNA" that DL is always talking about. I don't know if we would pursue either of them.

Dinwiddie would be a strong trade asset... could get a first all day long on his bargain contract. I think Kyrie is a lot better than Russell but I’m not sure how good he is.

I would love to have Dinwiddie. I was so disappointed when he signed an extension with the Nets because I thought he was a great free agent target for the Jazz.

I agree, but is Kyrie by himself better than Russell and whoever else they might be able to get alongside Russell (not to mention Kyrie will be paid much more money in a cap year)? I also think Kyrie is a cancer and not much of a winner, so, yeah, I don't know. Seems like out of all the guys on the FA market this year, that's the guy you put lowest on the max list for them.

Also, 1st rounders are only valuable when they become good players, and that is highly tied to the position of the 1st and a ton of luck. I doubt a likely-rebuilding team is parting with a top-10 pick for Dinwiddie, and if it's not that, it's a light-year from equal-value.

I would love this. Russell has such a bright future. He would really seem to compliment Donovan so well. Even if we gave the max, it's money worth spending since we have so many key guys on really cheap deals (Donovan, O'Neale, Crowder, etc.).

If Brooklyn gets or chases Kyrie, I really think we could force Brooklyn's hand by offering Russell 4 years $25 per year.