What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

A few days ago there was talk of Locke mentioning a trade that would make us worse this year but better in the future and wondering who that could be. It’s now dawned on me. It’s a guy who plays the 4, rebounds well, shoots from deep, is currently injured (worse this year), and is under contract through 2030.
Who

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Conley is old and expensive but we have no choice, Love is destroyed goods. I want us to become elite but at what cost ? 65 million ? Or a has been in Love ? Niko I'm ok with. Conley is expensive , injury prone and old, maybe we can pick up something younger cheaper and a better shooter than Rubio. Jrue ?

I hate Conley age and contract and injury history, but **** it, go get him and Niko and let's see what happens

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dowsett hit the nail on the head. I'm one of those who really likes the players on the team and the camaraderie but this team has a definite ceiling. There is a move out there that will help, but I don't have the knowledge or ability to flesh it out. I hope management does. I'll cheer for any of the players that are currently on our team if and when they move on, but we need an upgrade.

All that talk about cap flexibility just to go get a way overpaid player. SMH

He is the 10th highest paid player now. And his salary goes even higher the next two years. There is no way adding him makes us better as if we added a top 10 player.

That type of salary can only be reserved for a player that makes a huge difference. Otherwise its a bad move and we will be stuck for the next 3 years. Its 1/3 of your salary cap. If he gets hurt(and he probably will) your team is screwed.

I dont care if he is pretty good. No, he needs to be top 10 player good to be worth that much money and taking on that much risk.

West continue to get fought. Good will do much better on Portland than he will Cleveland.

Jazz need to improve. Come on DL

Guys, outside of Jazzfanz people want us to keep Rubio and dont want changes made. Check instagram and Facebook's Jazz page. Crazy, right? Its like the average Utah'n thinks moral victories are better than getting a ring.

Seriously it is insane. I’ve heard people go so far to say don’t trade Rubio unless we’re getting Curry or Kyrie.