What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

However, I still think he’d have a lot of value to us and isneadily our second best scorer. He shoots from deep, takes contested shots, moves the ball well, quick release. We should probably be looking at him more than we are, and I think the only reason not to make a push is with the thought that obtaining him closes the door on something else. However, last year’s door that we were afraid to close is now Allen.

And Favors. If we had traded for Mirotic, we would not have resigned Favors. Favors is so damn underrated. . .

But yeah, trading for Conley has to be followed by either Niko or Jabari. Has to.

Problem with Niko is his trade value is worth a little more than a second, but i think a first is an overpay. So Philly may overpay and give up the first (or they have Chicago's second) and beat an offer of expirings and seconds.

If we didn't need our 1st for a Conley deal I wonder if we'd do a 1st and expirings for Niko and their second. Their second will be top 40 so its okayish.

It sounds like DL ain't with this draft... so I can see our pick going out in a deal.

I think that pick would be available for a little more than Niko (like Conley or OP). We may not value it, but that doesn't make it non-valuable. A half year rental of Mirotic isn't worth much.

I think that pick would be available for a little more than Niko (like Conley or OP). We may not value it, but that doesn't make it non-valuable. A half year rental of Mirotic isn't worth much.

If we were trying to keep Rubio and operate over the cap getting Niko's caphold would help us retain him. I agree doe... the pick is an overpay... second rounder is a steal doe (at least the ones we own).

I thin Niko ends up in Philly for the Chicago second or their own first.

But yeah, trading for Conley has to be followed by either Niko or Jabari. Has to.

Not necessarily. Having a reliable shooter at the one puts 3 possible long range shooters on the floor with Favors and Gobert. Faves isn't too shabby from midrange. Favors and Gobert worked just fine with Hill. Faves also helps relieve whatever defensive concern we might have with an undersized guard line.

Harrison Barnes is another dude I'd watch... no idea if Dallas wants that option next year or if he will opt out... If they moved Barnes they could have meaningful cap space next year.

Dallas is rumored to be interested in Otto Porter, along with the Jazz and Blazers. Dallas is putting Wes Matthews on the block and likely would move Barnes as well in a deal that suits them.

I like Jabari Parker's ability to put the ball down and create a shot for himself. The Jazz sorely need a forward who can do this. This side-to-side, passes and hand-offs stuff we do can get shut down. Houston showed us that this past week.

We can criticize Jabari for things he can't or doesn't do, but he's a guy you can give the ball to at the elbow and he'll go to work.

Interesting thought, but I feel like Jae has more value to the Jazz than that. He's a major contributor on a pretty team-friendly contract.
I think the opposite. I think Favors is the one redo has
And Favors. If we had traded for Mirotic, we would not have resigned Favors. Favors is so damn underrated. . .
He is, problem is he has less value on the Jazz so I'm not sure if he has the value around the league that he should. I would hate to see him thrown into a trade merely as a contract without having any value

I'd prefer adding a PG who can score 20 ppg to take some load off DM's shoulders, namely Conley or Jrue.
That way Fav, who happens to be Utah's 3rd best player, can start getting more minutes too.
People are too willing to trade Favors away. I'd not hate replacing him with an offensive minded PF who can shoot ala Tobias Harris but Fav is more valuable to Utah than Rubio.

I like Jabari Parker's ability to put the ball down and create a shot for himself. The Jazz sorely need a forward who can do this. This side-to-side, passes and hand-offs stuff we do can get shut down. Houston showed us that this past week.

We can criticize Jabari for things he can't or doesn't do, but he's a guy you can give the ball to at the elbow and he'll go to work.
No, no, no.. Dude is a moron.

Not necessarily. Having a reliable shooter at the one puts 3 possible long range shooters on the floor with Favors and Gobert. Faves isn't too shabby from midrange. Favors and Gobert worked just fine with Hill. Faves also helps relieve whatever defensive concern we might have with an undersized guard line.

Favors and Gobert worked with Hill? That's not how I remember it. Faves was hurt a lot that year, he only played in 50 games, started in 39, and only played 23 minutes a game. I remember Johnson and Diaw playing the majority of minutes at the 4 while Gobert was on the floor.

I mean more so that trading for Conley locks us in, but being able to land Jabari or Niko gives us the option of having those be guys we can add to our team as we'd be out of FA this summer. Unless we're planning on rolling with Favors at the 4 indefinitely.