What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

DL is forced to try to make this team a contender as soon as possible if we want that Gobert signs another contract with the Jazz.

The Jazz have to do anything to keep Gobert happy. For exemple trading for his friend Fournier.

Gobert is aware that he has been snubbed for the All-Star Game because he plays for the Jazz.

I'm the glad the Jazz realized that Rubio is not the future.

I'm not sure that Conley is the answer.

Last edited:
DL is forced to try to make this team a contender as soon as possible if we want that Gobert signs another contract with the Jazz.

The Jazz have to do anything to keep Gobert happy. For exemple trading for his friend Fournier.

Gobert is aware that he has been snubbed for the All-Star Game because he plays for the Jazz.

I'm the glad the Jazz realized that Rubio is not the future.
This. They need to make a strong bold move or moves. It's time damnit.

Ainge may not survive this. He will likely come out battered by the fans and media.

Watch Boston make a play for Willie Caully Stein or any other big available.

Ok let's figure out an AD to LAC trade that involves us being the third team that gets Harris.

This... also if he was moved and say NO wanted to keep him... he becomes more gettable in free agency.

If NO loves SGA maybe the Clips have a solid offer... This still smells like they are saying "Hey Lakers... get your **** together and make the grandfather offer already".

This. They need to make a strong bold move or moves. It's time damnit.

Yes the time for speculating is over.

If our record was better this season, Gobert would have been called surely for the All-Star Game. Somehow it is DL fault too because he didn't improve this team compared to last season.

Last edited:
I know it isn't popular, but I might consider Rubio for Jabari. Sure its a gamble, but if it works, it could be amazing.

We would have to add a minor contract to make it work financially, but Chicago could save a few million and we could get a stretch 4. And supposedly Chicago likes Rubio.

Favors would probably have to go in another deal, but I would consider this if we can't get Jrue or Tobias.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here’s a thought that’s tilting me more in the trade for Conley camp.

Rubio is a free agent next year. This leaves us with two likely outcomes.

1. He re-signs (likely.) odds are its in the $17-19m, 3-4 year range. Just an estimate based on the market for PG’s, and the Jazz re-signing Ingles, Favors, and Exum to somewhat above market value (but good) contracts. 0% chance he doesn’t get a raise.

So we’re locked in to his production for that contract, Ricky probably doesn’t improve much.

2. We don’t re-sign Ricky. Maybe he gets a godfather offer from Phoenix or someone else desperate for a PG with cap space. We could get in a bidding war and have to overpay him. Maybe we let him walk and acquire an upgrade beforehand, but if he signs elsewhere we could be left with just Exum and Neto and have to find someone worse.

We trade for Conley and it’s a guaranteed upgrade for 1-2 years. We see if Exum can take over when Conley is done, and/or find a long term solution in the interim. Conley also becomes a gigantic expiring contract in 2 years, maintaining flexibility.

Food for thought but it’s another incentive to do what it takes (within reason) to make the trade.

The Jazz have to take Jabari, he said he would be willing to play for the Jazz, he is Mormon.
I don't understand what are waiting the Jazz to take him. I don't care about his defense, we need his offense.

Good hell can we drop the Jabari talk? He's horribly over-rated and the opposite of a jazz player. Let him go elsewhere. Just say NO to Parker.

Tobias is pretty ideal for the Jazz--good scorer, can shoot from the elbow and above the break, doesn't need the ball in his hands, can rebound and go.