What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Could they swing Love and Wall? Favors and Picks for Love. Rubio and Picks for Wall. Additional players for salary reasons
Gobert
Love
Ingles
Mitchell
Wall
That could be a starting five that could compete with Warriors.
You'd better pray that those pieces fit to win a championship, because we'd be screwed in 2022-2023 when Love and Wall are combined for $75M.

It's crazy how excited this fan base gets at players performing less well than Favors on the advanced metrics, and who can't play the role Favors plays with the bench. Grass is greener, I guess.
Favors makes $17 million this year yet really doesnt fit next to Gobert against elite teams. If he was making $10 million and coming off the bench, nobody would complain a bit about Favors.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is why I prefer Harris to favors:

He can reliably shoot, score, and pass. He can hit the three. Favors is good but he’s best as Rudy’s backup. Harris is a better fit.

Favors makes $17 million this year yet really doesnt fit next to Gobert against elite teams. If he was making $10 million and coming off the bench, nobody would complain a bit about Favors.

How much do you think Harris will make, and why is his fit better (seeing as their 3%s are about equal)?

Edit: about equal in Nov/Dec.

Last edited:
On what volume?

Will Harris shoot more 3s than Favors is he takes over Favors' role? Are we talking about replacing Favors in the starting lineup, and getting another back-up C?

I could see replacing Crowder with Harris, definitely.

How much do you think Harris will make, and why is his fit better (seeing as their 3%s are about equal)?

Edit: about equal in Nov/Dec.
Uhhhmm... Favors shot 17 threes in Nov/Dec. Harris shot 80. Favors' shots are all from the corner. Harris' are from everywhere.

Will Harris shoot more 3s than Favors is he takes over Favors' role? Are we talking about replacing Favors in the starting lineup, and getting another back-up C?

Favors' role has been constructed as a way for him to get minutes on the floor. Tobias Harris on this team isn't fulfilling Favors' role or anyone else's -- he'd be Tobias Harris and it would totally revolutionize our offense.

Yes to your 2 questions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm still stuck at why the hell the Pelicans are trading Davis for Alonzo freakin' Ball? There are maybe 6 or 7 players in the league you don't trade for Davis, and those are all situational. Hell I even stutter a bit at trading Mitchell for Davis, before saying no just because I love Mitchell as a personality a lot more. Basketball-wise, that is a no brainer. You could get Tatum from Boston, easily.

Imagine Davis and Gobert playing together.

So we are going to have 3 guys out there at once that are 6'5 or shorter? I'm not sure that's the best idea in the world.
Mitchell, Beal, ingles, favors, gobert.

Which 3 are you talking about?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app