What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I really don't want to lose Exum.
Agreed.
Perhaps jrue isn't available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
He might be available, just not for what Utah has to offer. That’s my guess.
Everyone take a deep breath, I don’t say this lightly.

I think it’s time to throw in Tomic.

In the off chance you’re being serious, what in the hell would that do other then bring back kicks and giggles?

So to recap. Jrue isn't available (Jazz inquired and Pels said no).

Tony Jones is sounding like the deal has progressed very far.

Andy Larsen throwing out the possibility that it could be Rubio, Exum and two firsts? WTF?
Those guys, okay fine, but you do not give up two salary controlled contracts for a guy at his age on that contract and who could potentially terminate the last year on his contract if he was so inclined. if it's multiple firsts, i'd pass. One first is okay. But not more than this year's first.
Throwing in Rubio and Dante means if Conley and Neto go down like they usually do, we will immediately get stuck with 0 PG... again. And why do something as risky as giving away this year's 1st round pick when we are only a couple games above the #8 on the west? It could still potentially be a lottery pick if Conley gets hurt.

Hopefully, we throw all these signals that we are after Conley but NOLA wants in for the expiring packages we have to offer to clear them of Jrue.

AD to Boston looks cooked. NOLA will take some version of the Lakers trade.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean the track record isn’t great for him at this point.

2013 - Two firsts to acquire Trey Burke
2014 - #5 on Dante
2016 - First to acquire George Hill
2017 - First to acquire Ricky Rubio

He’s got a good enough track record with draft picks that I’m kind of getting sick of wasting them on trading for one position.

100% this. I'm already hesitant about trading for Conley because of his age and contract, throwing in 2 picks for him (one that would be due after his contract is up) is a travesty. I've wanted him here forever but he doesn't fit the timeline, doesn't make us a contender, and wouldn't be a long term fix due to his age. We could potentially be back trying to plug the hole at PG in two years again, maybe 1 if Conley exercises his option and wants too much money. Plus, I'm firmly in the Donovan-at-PG camp and this slams the door on that.

I just get a bad feeling about this. And it doesn't strike me as a Lindsay kind of move. I don't think Conley is the kind of guy you push your chips in for right now, especially a draft pick three years from now. If you HAVE to make a move for him, Ricky/Exum/2019 first is tolerable I guess, any more and I pass.

xkmjYJx.png

Memphis gets a Jazz first, Pels get a Jazz second.

To get Conley we would have to trade both Rubio and Either Exum or Favors to make the salary work, unless we get a 3rd team involved. Personally unless they really want Exum we shouldnt trade him or Favors. We need to find a 3rd team. Throw in this years 1st. Who cares about that.

And there really isn't anything the Jazz have that would interest the Pelicans for Jrue Holiday, I'm not sure why anyone has talked
themselves in to thinking that's possible. Plenty of teams could beat our offer if they decide to move him, but he's pretty well adored by
NO fans and the community. I'd be surprised to see Holiday shipped before the deadline.

Agreed.

He might be available, just not for what Utah has to offer. That’s my guess.

In the off chance you’re being serious, what in the hell would that do other then bring back kicks and giggles?
In the off chance you are being serious lolololol.
Come on man

I don’t know. Conley is an “all in” move, cashing in those chips that for years he’s been “keeping the powder dry.” He’d be striking a match on that.

To get Conley we would have to trade both Rubio and Either Exum or Favors to make the salary work, unless we get a 3rd team involved. Personally unless they really want Exum we shouldnt trade him or Favors. We need to find a 3rd team. Throw in this years 1st. Who cares about that.
Would Rubio, thabo, neto, Bradley or something match salaries?

I don’t know. Conley is an “all in” move, cashing in those chips that for years he’s been “keeping the powder dry.” He’d be striking a match on that.

It's an all in type move for just a couple years though which eventually we need to pull the trigger on. Going max offer to a Middleton, Harris, etc. is definitely pushing all the chips in. This seems like the type of move that can just make us that much more competitive for the next couple seasons and then when Conley's deal expires we're not handicapped with any major future plans (Rudy/Don).