What's new

2020 Annual All-Time NBA Draft

Maybe true, but how well will Laimbeer be chasing KAT off the three point line?

And are you really going to run post plays with Laimbeer in this format?
Laimbeer was a high energy hustle guy who could move fairly well and was a highly competitive and intense player. He wasn’t a lumbering goof like say an Ostertag. He really wasn’t that big. He also played a lot on the perimeter.

Laimbeer was a high energy hustle guy who could move fairly well and was a highly competitive and intense player. He wasn’t a lumbering goof like say an Ostertag. He really wasn’t that big. He also played a lot on the perimeter.

no way. I grew up watching him play. Maybe faster than Tag, but who isn’t? Good Set shot from outside. Pick and pop set shot. Tough defending the rim, strong rebounder. Limited post player. Little lateral quickness. Nothing above the rim. Great outlet passer. Great leader. Pistons had two alphas who backed each other up and enforced the culture. IT and bill. He’s a guy who would struggle in today’s game.

I think it would be interesting to make an all time draft assuming they would play according to 90's rules. Would be fun to imagine modern players coping with physicality of those times.

I think it would be interesting to make an all time draft assuming they would play according to 90's rules. Would be fun to imagine modern players coping with physicality of those times.
We’ve done drafts where you can only draft retired players. So the vast majority played under the old rules.

no way. I grew up watching him play. Maybe faster than Tag, but who isn’t? Good Set shot from outside. Pick and pop set shot. Tough defending the rim, strong rebounder. Limited post player. Little lateral quickness. Nothing above the rim. Great outlet passer. Great leader. Pistons had two alphas who backed each other up and enforced the culture. IT and bill. He’s a guy who would struggle in today’s game.
When he was older. I get it he’s not as fast, my point is in his prime he was fast enough. To where his smarts and will to compete make up the difference. Kinda like Joe Ingles. He’s not fast not even a great defender, but holds his own.

When he was older. I get it he’s not as fast, my point is in his prime he was fast enough. To where his smarts and will to compete make up the difference. Kinda like Joe Ingles. He’s not fast not even a great defender, but holds his own.

I like him, he was slow and not athletic in his prime.

I like him, he was slow and not athletic in his prime.
I wouldn’t call him athletic either, but he was fluid in his movement driven by his attitude. He just had that IT factor. Besides after two minutes Laimbeer would have him off his game and frustrated like the red headed Step child he is.

Matches 1 & 2 are about to finish; matches 3 & 4 are posted.

If Troat/Log end up tying, Troat will move on to the next round because he started with the 6th pick while Log started with the 4th pick.

I'll be around here and there, so let me know if you guys have questions or anything.

What is a better option? "Fairest" way to do any draft is auction and that's not possible here.
You create bins of players and assign draft order for each round so that every person gets one first pick, one last pick, and every pick in between for each round.

Something I’ve been thinking about is a fantasy draft for current players where you create a redraft of as many recent drafts as there are participants.

Say you have ten participants, you could have them do a re-draft of each of the last ten drafts.

Person A gets the first pick in 2010 (probably selecting Paul George), 2nd in 2011, 3rd in 2012, so on and so forth until they draft last in 2019.
Person B gets the 2nd pick in 2010, 3rd in 2011, 4th in 2012, and so on but get the first pick in 2019 as the order has now come back around.
Person C gets the 3rd pick in 2010, 4th in 2011, 5th in 2012, and so on until 2018 where they get the 1st pick and 2nd in 2019. That’s one way the order could be done, but the theme is that everyone gets a first, last, and every other pick between.

I knew I just had no chance, so I didn't bother with a writeup. Maybe if it had been a modified snake, I would have been better off, but...

No reason to not do a modified snake. I've advocated for it for every competition but it was only accepted once. Ironically, the time it was accepted I got the #1 pick.

FYI, I parlayed the 14th pick into two top 5 players: the best center and the best point guard of all time. Who also happened to be teammates on the showtime Lakers.