What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

I'd agree with you before last night. But last night Josh Jackson just played 28min on a grizz team that is trying to win this season. Even though they lost badly to the pels, they put him in when the game was still close and he ended up playing more minutes than every grizz players off the bench. If he can stay in grizz's rotation, I'd say he's way ahead of schedule and worth our consideration.
When we’re talking about “rehabbing,” absolutely none of us are talking about his basketball skills. At least not exclusively.

He also no showed a fan event. He’s likely not considered until he’s demonstrated a year or two of good behavior. We just don’t go for guys like that.

Portis is completely different... one fight in practice, but well liked in that organization and locker room still... he came from the hood but protected his moms and just goes a little overboard with the intensity on the court.
We don't need to worry about Jackson for one or two year since he's only contracted till this summer. If he can show good behavior in this half season then good. If not, just let him go. Zero risk.

When we’re talking about “rehabbing,” absolutely none of us are talking about his basketball skills. At least not exclusively.
Sure. But if a grizz team that is trying to win this season has determined that they wanna play Jackson more minutes than every player off their bench, it should speak volume about his readiness overall. We as fans are not in a better position to make that judgment than the teams themselves and we both agree skill wise Jackson can definitely play and help our team right now.

Sure. But if a grizz team that is trying to win this season has determined that they wanna play Jackson more minutes than every player off their bench, it should speak volume about his readiness overall. We as fans are not in a better position to make that judgment than the teams themselves and we both agree skill wise Jackson can definitely play and help our team right now.
I don’t think it matters at all what another team has determined. The Jazz would not bring him on at this point.

His main problem is that he doesn't shoot well. He hasn't become an efficient scorer. I get that he can be a roll-man. Love the size, athleticism and energy, plus his ability to put the ball down and create a bit. He has some of the same strengths and weaknesses as Julius Randle, though he plays more defense.

I have no idea if Orlando knows what they're doing.
I would ask AG to be the backup 5, the occasional 4 and to come of the bench. We would play 48 minutes of hard core roll threat with 4 shooters.

I don’t think it matters at all what another team has determined. The Jazz would not bring him on at this point.
We are not discussing whether or not we would since none of us really know what DL will do at this point.We as fans are only discussing the feasibility and whether or not we should.

We are not discussing whether or not we would since none of us really know what DL will do at this point.We as fans are only discussing the feasibility and whether or not we should.
Based on everything I hear about our organization and how they have done their business over the years I feel extremely confident that we would not consider him. You and I may view it as zero risk... I’m guessing they do not.

I e got a feeling this will be a do nothing trade deadline. They may do something that is obviously good... like swapping Exum for JC, but I have a feeling we will look at other moves that go on and ask why didn’t we do that? It will be a lot of @Tony Jones saying we are being aggressive and I don’t doubt it but we don’t have a mix of useable trade contracts and draft assets to really be pole position on something good. I think we might get a rotation piece on the buyout market... MKG or Marvin Williams maybe the best we can hope for. We kind already shot or shot.

You would trade Conley picks for AG plus a bad contract.
Just in terms of salary, Gordon and Fournier would match Conley.

Mitchell, Mudiay, Clarkson, Fournier, O’Neale, Jingles, Bogdanovic, Niang, Gordon and Gobert (on paper) looks like a roster that could matchup well with almost any team the Jazz would face in the postseason.

The world wide interwebs had an article that there are five teams looking to make a deal: Indiana, OKC, Brooklyn, the Pels and the Rockets. Out of this comes the counter moves and the buyouts. Should make for an interesting week.

Love my FanDuel lineup tonight.

Conley—got him at almost minimum
Brogdon
Beal—pissed after snub
Mitchell—due for bounce back
Hardaway—big upside sans Luka/Zingy
James
Collins—good upside w/ Dally sans bigs
Kleber—big upside sans Luka/Zingy
Bryant—big upside vs crappy Nets int

Reactions: SCS
I saw an article that suggested...

Celtics receive: Ed Davis, 2nd rd pick
Jazz receive: Romeo Langford

Deal makes no sense. But yeah if the Celtics want to give up a lottery talent I'm down.

Love my FanDuel lineup tonight.

Conley—got him at almost minimum
Brogdon
Beal—pissed after snub
Mitchell—due for bounce back
Hardaway—big upside sans Luka/Zingy
James
Collins—good upside w/ Dally sans bigs
Kleber—big upside sans Luka/Zingy
Bryant—big upside vs crappy Nets int
Seems like every time I check a wizards box score in the last week or two (I always check to see bertans numbers) Beal is scoring like 40 or some ****.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Of course we won't make any changes.

Best feasible moves the Jazz could possibly make to hit this year's window of opportunity "to infinity and beyond".
Ed Davis and two seconds in 22 (or one apiece for 21 & 22) for Montrezl Harrell. Clips don't have the flexibility to resign him (UFA), neither do we as our roster is currently composed but who cares if Harrell's hustle wins us a Championship (don't laugh, Toronto's odds were worse with injured, load managed Kawhi). Emanuel Mudiay and our 2020 or 2021 protected first for Kyle Kuzma. Reports are that he's on the outs with Lebron after Kyle's agent dissed him. This would be another Clarksonian coup as we don't even have to pay the guy till after next season and he is going to be THAT GOOD. Nigel Williams Goss and a second for Mike Muscala. Gets them out of luxury tax hell and we get another stretch four/five.

Last edited: