What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

man, how could nuggets lose to pistons?

then i turned on the game and saw thon maker guarding basically every nuggets player on the floor in OT...

his size and mobility could be the exact defensive piece that we need.

Last edited:
hate to say it, but Ingles is the common denominator in some of those problem lineups... I know Ingles is literally untradeable because of his extension, and otherwise untradeable because he is the heart and soul of this team. That said, he has been really hit and miss this season and if we had a better, more consistent, more athletic two way player getting his minutes that would really help. I know a lot of people blame Conley for Joe’s struggles, but some of it has to be on Joe as well. All that said, I love Joe and don’t want him going anywhere. I do think he needs to play fewer minutes though and we need to be less reliant on him.

In looking at this roster, the ideal scenario is that Joe is the sixth man, like Quin tried to start the season. And we need Joe to figure it out how he can be effective in that role. If we start with that premise, that Joe is running the second unit and JC is the primary scoring punch, our needs then are other second unit players who fit with them.
Joe’s problems all revolve around trying to shoehorn Conley onto the team. There isn’t a mystery. Gobert is having the same issue.

The common denominator is Conley.

Could JIngles and/or Royce be on the trade block? Unless we do a Conley for Love deal you have to give value to get value. Our bench is garbage and we've pawned a lot of our draft picks so here we are.

Could JIngles and/or Royce be on the trade block? Unless we do a Conley for Love deal you have to give value to get value. Our bench is garbage and we've pawned a lot of our draft picks so here we are.

I'm pretty sure neither one can be traded until the offseason because of the extensions they signed. I don't think the front office would consider trading them anyway to be honest.

I'm pretty sure neither one can be traded until the offseason because of the extensions they signed. I don't think the front office would consider trading them anyway to be honest.
I'm not that up to speed on the CBA but management appears to be in a pickle to improve the team. It's obvious we have warts.

We somehow traded Exum for Clarkson, so... The fact is, there are teams who are trying to lose and unload contracts in order to save money--e.g., New York, Detroit, Cleveland, OKC, etc.

Problem isn't Conley but the roster construction and fatigue. He seems sharp and quick. Starters are gassed because of having played heavy minutes.

Perhaps DL was expecting Coach Q to utilize one of Brantley and Oni.

There's no way the Blazers will trade Ariza rn, he's been playing great for them. If the Jazz did that trade with the Kings too, it would've been great.

the issue with maker is that he isn't very good offensively. but between him and niang i'd rather have him

Problem isn't Conley but the roster construction and fatigue. He seems sharp and quick. Starters are gassed because of having played heavy minutes.

Perhaps DL was expecting Coach Q to utilize one of Brantley and Oni.

he doesn’t look as sharp and quick because he isn’t, by nba standards.

Last edited:
I'm okay if we add a player who isn't an awesome offensive player. We desperately need another perimeter defender.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
agreed. unlike shooting, defense is something that you can rely consistently every night. niang is absolutely useless when his shot isn't falling.

maker, when deployed correctly, could become a savage for us on D comes playoffs. he is currently losing his job to a very good Christian Wood, who we have no chance of getting during this season. but maker's contract will also expire in the summer, meaning if we don't like maker's game on offense, we can always use that extra cap space to find his replacement, like his upgrade Christian Wood. but i do think maker's better on defense than wood, having some experience of quality playoffs D with the bucks under his belt. he's just been terribly misused by pistons.

Davis, Mudiay, NWG. I think those are the players that could be involved in any Jazz roster changes at the deadline. With the target being an upgrade at backup center.

Davis because he's not a good scheme fit. They'd probably want to keep Mudiay for depth purposes in an ideal world. But he is expendable after the Clarkson addition, and he is a free agent that we probably can't retain this summer. NWG would probably be on the chopping block if we need to open a roster spot to make a trade work or sign a buyout market target because we have Tucker and JWF waiting in the wings.