What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Kuzma doesn't provide anything we need.
Only three years in. Had four steals against us last time out. Kind of an off year but better career PER than Marcus Morris. All I know from watching quite a few Laker games is that he doesn't shrink from the moment, something others have done with Lebron. Anyway, he's young and athletic, similar build to AG with a similar trajectory I believe.

Last edited:
We need Nerlens Noel. Or someone similar. We need a versatile athletic defensive big who creates extra possessions with blocks/steals.

Quin wants to be able to stretch the floor 4 out around our Center. And it works very well offensively with all the shooters and shot creators that we have. But the thing is that when you play guys like Bogey and Niang at the 4 to stretch things out you're surrendering some defense. And our defensive scheme already puts a lot on the 5. We need a backup who minimizes these things and maybe provides a few +'s like Noel could by creating possessions.

Last edited:
Why would the Clippers have any interest in trading Montrezl? Let alone for that offer? They're even more all in on winning a title than we are.
I'm just going by what I've read - https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-nba-scout-says-la-has-real-dilemma-with-montrezl-harrell/. They want to get something for him and won't be able to keep him after this year the story says. You're right though, far fetched - another article I read said that it's Zubac and Beverly that may be on the block. They are a team that's been far more proactive than the Jazz in their pursuit of upgrading and planning for the future.

We need Nerlens Noel. Or someone similar. We need a versatile athletic defensive big who creates extra possessions with blocks/steals.
Well they do want to get off the luxury tax but I doubt they'd let Noel go as they're currently in 7th in the division. According to reports it's Roberson they'd like to move.

as many of you have said on here, Conley cost us too many resources, too much money. Cost us touches, Joe's ability to do his thing, shuts down mudiay. He just isn't worth it and doesn't benefit us.

Best feasible moves the Jazz could possibly make to hit this year's window of opportunity "to infinity and beyond".
Ed Davis and two seconds in 22 (or one apiece for 21 & 22) for Montrezl Harrell. Clips don't have the flexibility to resign him (UFA), neither do we as our roster is currently composed but who cares if Harrell's hustle wins us a Championship (don't laugh, Toronto's odds were worse with injured, load managed Kawhi). Emanuel Mudiay and our 2020 or 2021 protected first for Kyle Kuzma. Reports are that he's on the outs with Lebron after Kyle's agent dissed him. This would be another Clarksonian coup as we don't even have to pay the guy till after next season and he is going to be THAT GOOD. Nigel Williams Goss and a second for Mike Muscala. Gets them out of luxury tax hell and we get another stretch four/five.

lmfao

A couple small moves that should be considered:

Ed Davis for Aaron Baynes. We need the toughness down low. The attitude. And Baynes can hit the occasional 3.

Ed Davis for Frank Ntilikina. Yes, we have a lot of PGs, but Frank can actually defend. We slide Royce to more PF minutes and put Frank on guys like Gordon, Lillard, DeRozan when they heat up. Frank can guard 1, 2 or 3.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’d do Ed for Dale Davis , I’m sure he’d give us more ...

Snyder looks super stressed of late , he just can’t figure this out ...

Conley and Joe can’t play together ... I don’t think Bojan and Joe can play together defensively ...

Why the need to sit Mitchell so early ?
Royce can’t play the 4 ...

Ed , Niang aren’t up to regular minutes ... sure Niang can hit a 3 .. but he gives it back on the defensive end ..

DL ... this ain’t working

Christian Wood... go get him... now or something in the offseason. TIA.

It’s hard not to overreact to these last four games—so I’m reminding myself of two things. First, there are a couple of outliers in there with the weird Houston game, the back-to-back in Denver, and then Lillard has just been straight-up unstoppable. Second, we are about where I predicted we’d be at this point.

Getting some good defense and rebounding out of a 4/5 combo is hypothetically what we need. But there would have to be serious magic in that acquisition—we’d have to get a boost well beyond the sum of the parts—in order to be a legitimate contender. As a fan, I’m upset we haven’t seen some Morgan or Brantley. Oh well.

I’d do Ed for Dale Davis , I’m sure he’d give us more ...

Snyder looks super stressed of late , he just can’t figure this out ...

Conley and Joe can’t play together ... I don’t think Bojan and Joe can play together defensively ...

Why the need to sit Mitchell so early ?
Royce can’t play the 4 ...

Ed , Niang aren’t up to regular minutes ... sure Niang can hit a 3 .. but he gives it back on the defensive end ..

DL ... this ain’t working

hate to say it, but Ingles is the common denominator in some of those problem lineups... I know Ingles is literally untradeable because of his extension, and otherwise untradeable because he is the heart and soul of this team. That said, he has been really hit and miss this season and if we had a better, more consistent, more athletic two way player getting his minutes that would really help. I know a lot of people blame Conley for Joe’s struggles, but some of it has to be on Joe as well. All that said, I love Joe and don’t want him going anywhere. I do think he needs to play fewer minutes though and we need to be less reliant on him.

In looking at this roster, the ideal scenario is that Joe is the sixth man, like Quin tried to start the season. And we need Joe to figure it out how he can be effective in that role. If we start with that premise, that Joe is running the second unit and JC is the primary scoring punch, our needs then are other second unit players who fit with them.

Davis and Niang for Aminu. He’s probably out this season, but it gives us a good bench piece going into next year, and forces us to do something with the backups.

Davis and Niang for Aminu. He’s probably out this season, but it gives us a good bench piece going into next year, and forces us to do something with the backups.
More risk than Josh Jackson. And at least Jackson can play right now in this current season