What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Apparently he does this every year per interweb rumors.

He did something similar last year. He doesn't do it every year. There's still a trade rumor. OKC has openly put CP, Adams and Gallinari on the market. It wouldn't surprise me if Schroeder is available. OKC is going to do a complete rebuild.

While they're at it, they could send us Nerlens Noel...

He did something similar last year. He doesn't do it every year. There's still a trade rumor. OKC has openly put CP, Adams and Gallinari on the market. It wouldn't surprise me if Schroeder is available. OKC is going to do a complete rebuild.

While they're at it, they could send us Nerlens Noel...
I'm guessing he's headed elsewhere... can't see us even matching salary. If I had to guess it'd be Minnesota.

I actually love the idea of flipping Ed Davis for a shot at rehabbing Josh Jackson. Low risk, high reward type move.

I think a move like that and a buyout big is our best trade deadline play.

(Full disclosure — I am a Kansas grad so am a bit biased).

. And heaven forbid the Jazz win it all this year, the jom2003 of 29 other teams’ message boards will be railing on the “zomg we need to be making big moves like Utah to bring in Conley” repetitions.

LOL

Sooo, I think Morris is never gonna happen. What a fiasco last night in NY (and lol at Crowder for stealing that inbound pass and lauching a 3 after the games was over)

He was never ever on the Jazz radar. Several Jazz insiders have been saying so for months. And that outburst shows exactly why.

Markieff is probably a no go for the same reasons.

Josh Jackson is another name brought up here that won't happen. The Jazz don't want knuckleheads.

He was never ever on the Jazz radar. Several Jazz insiders have been saying so for months. And that outburst shows exactly why.

Markieff is probably a no go for the same reasons.

Josh Jackson is another name brought up here that won't happen. The Jazz don't want knuckleheads.
portis was a knucklehead that jazz were confirmed to be interested in during summer... but i'd only do it if it only "costs" us Ed.

People out here wanting to trade for Josh Jackson and Julius Randle smfh
not the same thing at all. josh jackson is an expiring that involves zero risk. worst case scenario we let him go and open up additional cap space for the summer.

portis was a knucklehead that jazz were confirmed to be interested in during summer... but i'd only do it if it only "costs" us Ed.

On the court Portis has committed some bad fouls and in practice he had that fight with Mirotic. He could be a good dude in general though, idk. I've never heard much said about him.

There are tons of stories about the Morris twins being locker room problems. And they have gotten in trouble multiple times off court.

Josh Jackson doesn't have his life together. There's nothing the Jazz could rehab there basketball wise until he rehabs his entire outlook.

The Thunder probably won't trade him. And we probably couldn't get him if they did. But I still want Nerlens Noel.

He's athletic enough to defend the 5 Out. He's amongst the best in the league in steal% and block%, we need a disruptive player like that badly. His defensive rating suggests he plays good team defense and doesn't just gamble. He finishes at the rim.

On the court Portis has committed some bad fouls and in practice he had that fight with Mirotic. He could be a good dude in general though, idk. I've never heard much said about him.

There are tons of stories about the Morris twins being locker room problems. And they have gotten in trouble multiple times off court.

Josh Jackson doesn't have his life together. There's nothing the Jazz could rehab there basketball wise until he rehabs his entire outlook.
jackson isn't ideal, but could be the best option available to us given our current lack of assets. i mean people can say all the negative things about portis/randle/morris, etc. but in reality, we don't even have the assets to acquire these guys... jackson wouldn't be available either if it wasn't for his off court issues and yes, it would be tough for him to come out of that. but it's not entirely impossible as we've seen players doing just that in the past.

in fact, grizz is already half way through his "rehab" process as he just got called up and played 28 min tonight. so comes Feb, we could possibly be looking at a guy who's already 'rehabbed" and ready to go

again, i'd only do it if it only costs us Ed since we wanna get rid of his 2 year contract anyways. if we can do that, it'd be a win for us even if jackson never gets to put on a jazz uniform.

jackson isn't ideal, but could be the best option available to us given our current lack of assets. i mean people can say all the negative things about portis/randle/morris, etc. but in reality, we don't even have the assets to acquire these guys... jackson wouldn't be available either if it wasn't for his off court issues and yes, it would be tough for him to come out of that. but it's not entirely impossible as we've seen players doing just that in the past.

in fact, grizz is already half way through his "rehab" process as he just got called up and played 28 min tonight. so comes Feb, we could possibly be looking at a guy who's already 'rehabbed" and ready to go

again, i'd only do it if it only costs us Ed since we wanna get rid of his 2 year contract anyways. if we can do that, it'd be a win for us even if jackson never gets to put on a jazz uniform.
Within the past year he had some kind of kerfuffle with police. Not a huge issue, but a bit bizarre. He followed that up with being charged with getting an infant high. That wasn’t even a year ago. But I really like Josh Jackson the player. Every time I’ve seen him play, I’ve thought he was going to be really good, and I’m always surprised when I look at his stats because on the court he looks like a guy who’s probably putting up really good numbers. Even in games he plays against us he looks really good even when the stats don’t say it. He’s a guy I’ve thought would turn out good based on small eyeball samples. He may be a guy that can put it together and be a good redemption story. We all like redemption stories. But I can tell you spending half a year in the G League isn’t it. That isn’t rehabbing. It’s way too soon and there’s no way this franchise would sniff that being less than a year away.

The price is steep but the rumor is that AG can be had. Here's a video on how AG is being misused. He is really good as a roll man but has only done it 69 times his entire career.

Within the past year he had some kind of kerfuffle with police. Not a huge issue, but a bit bizarre. He followed that up with being charged with getting an infant high. That wasn’t even a year ago. But I really like Josh Jackson the player. Every time I’ve seen him play, I’ve thought he was going to be really good, and I’m always surprised when I look at his stats because on the court he looks like a guy who’s probably putting up really good numbers. Even in games he plays against us he looks really good even when the stats don’t say it. He’s a guy I’ve thought would turn out good based on small eyeball samples. He may be a guy that can put it together and be a good redemption story. We all like redemption stories. But I can tell you spending half a year in the G League isn’t it. That isn’t rehabbing. It’s way too soon and there’s no way this franchise would sniff that being less than a year away.
He also no showed a fan event. He’s likely not considered until he’s demonstrated a year or two of good behavior. We just don’t go for guys like that.

Portis is completely different... one fight in practice, but well liked in that organization and locker room still... he came from the hood but protected his moms and just goes a little overboard with the intensity on the court.

The Thunder probably won't trade him. And we probably couldn't get him if they did. But I still want Nerlens Noel.

He's athletic enough to defend the 5 Out. He's amongst the best in the league in steal% and block%, we need a disruptive player like that badly. His defensive rating suggests he plays good team defense and doesn't just gamble. He finishes at the rim.

I like him too. I'd actually like to see a defensive lineup with him and Gobert on the floor together. Play them with Mitchell, Joe and Bojan for space.

The price is steep but the rumor is that AG can be had. Here's a video on how AG is being misused. He is really good as a roll man but has only done it 69 times his entire career.

His main problem is that he doesn't shoot well. He hasn't become an efficient scorer. I get that he can be a roll-man. Love the size, athleticism and energy, plus his ability to put the ball down and create a bit. He has some of the same strengths and weaknesses as Julius Randle, though he plays more defense.

I have no idea if Orlando knows what they're doing.