What's new

2020 Presidential election

It’s a few paragraphs dude. Like literally it’ll take you 3 mins to read. The studies are fascinating.

Yes, racism and sexism, not the widely reported “economic anxiety” myth. Racism and sexism are the primary factors for trump’s rise.
This is a basketball message board bro, I don’t come here to read heavy news!!

Hillary won the majority vote by 3 million voters.

She lost 3 key battleground states that delivered the electoral college to trump where Russian disinformation was at its highest by a combined 80,000 votes.

Hillary was a flawed candidate.

But her campaign’s mistakes have been greatly over-exaggerated while Russian disinformation and the culture of American victimhood and alt history/facts under-reported. For hells sakes, we are still debating whether we should have statues of terrorists like Robert E Lee up in public places.

Is Germany debating whether or not they should place statues of Hitler in public places?

America’s refusal honestly tackle the issue of racism and failure of reconstruction after the civil war is what’s led us to the cultural divide we have today.
Yes racism is real.

The three states Hillary lost voted Obama 4 years prior. They suddenly became racist?

Yes racism is real.

The three states Hillary lost voted Obama 4 years prior. They suddenly became racist?

Yes.

* Black turnout dropped like a rock
* Voters full of Resentment for blacks/immigrants turned out for trump

Combined with Russian disinformation and Wikileaks spelled trouble for Clinton. It wasn’t her campaign that was responsible for the loss. Credit to Trump for exploiting racism and credit Russia for its disinformation campaign that even the Mueller report described as “significant” and “effective.”

Yes.

* Black turnout dropped like a rock
* Voters full of Resentment for blacks/immigrants turned out for trump

Combined with Russian disinformation and Wikileaks spelled trouble for Clinton. It wasn’t her campaign that was responsible for the loss. Credit to Trump for exploiting racism and credit Russia for its disinformation campaign that even the Mueller report described as “significant” and “effective.”

You don’t hold Hillary accountable for a lack of excitement for her campaign?

You don’t hold the Democrats accountable for tipping the scales in her favor during the primaries?

It was abundantly clear that Sanders was polling way way better than Hillary against trump

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

Attachments

• 84A4A811-5EA8-4C73-A385-4004F5440204.jpeg
    84A4A811-5EA8-4C73-A385-4004F5440204.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 5
You don’t hold Hillary accountable for a lack of excitement for her campaign?

You don’t hold the Democrats accountable for tipping the scales in her favor during the primaries?

It was abundantly clear that Sanders was polling way way better than Hillary against trump

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

Sanders failed to win the primary so he didn’t have the opportunity to run against trump in the general and I already have admitted that she was a flawed candidate.

Ah, I see. Trump won “because he cheated against Hillary” (which he was not indicted for after a two year long investigation with boundless resources). But the fact that the DNC cheated to have Hillary win and that the person she beat likely would have beaten trump is completely lost on you.

Got it

Ah, I see. Trump won “because he cheated against Hillary” (which he was not indicted for after a two year long investigation with boundless resources). But the fact that the DNC cheated to have Hillary win and that the person she beat likely would have beaten trump is completely lost on you.

Got it

Sigh

Yep. That’s it.

Refuses to read a few paragraphs of article explaining the economic anxiety myth but is now suddenly an expert at on the Mueller report.

Got it

Last edited:
There really wasn't another Republican I liked. Most of the ones I probably could have been okay with went out early because the Republican base just loved the gross ones.
This would have been the perfect year for Romney to run. I think he would have gotten in.

There was no single cause for the loss, but among the multiple causes, her campaign's failure to shore up key states was one.

Debatable. That’s not what the data shows.

most importantly, the changes in the vote from 2012 to 2016 are much better explained by demographics than by where the campaigns spent their time and money.

This entire article was interesting when it came out. Even more so now that we’ve had 2 years to see Trump’s exploitation of racism and are beginning to understand the lengths and depths of russia’s Disinformation campaign in key battleground states. The Mueller report explicitly states that Russia’s disinformation campaign was geared towards depressing the vote of African Americans, sowing discord and distrust of the process, and helping Trump.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clintons-ground-game-didnt-cost-her-the-election/

There was no single cause for the loss, but among the multiple causes, her campaign's failure to shore up key states was one.
I think this can be summed up as underestimating her opponent. I think it's also related to the concept put forth by Anthony Bourdain that the left tends to treat most conservatives like backwater rubes. No way he can win when it's just a bunch of redneck morons that will vote for him. No need to try too hard really. I think one of the reasons for the shock and outrage over the election was due to the disbelief that Hillary could even lose to someone like that. It wasn't the way the universe was supposed to work, hence it must be raised against.

Not that everyone was wrong to rail against Trump. I just think the initial wave, complete with grief counselors, occurred because they just could not fathom not winning.

Not that everyone was wrong to rail against Trump. I just think the initial wave, complete with grief counselors, occurred because they just could not fathom not winning

I think this was definitely part of it. There was also the sense that this country had made some pretty big strides during the Obama administration, liberal causes like gay rights, pot legalization, universal healthcare, climate change, were finally seeing some progress. Seeing Trump get elected was a serious punch in the gut in that regard as many people saw that progress at real risk of being undone.

I think Trump wins again simply because life has been pretty good for most and he's done a damn good job of keeping the ship from rocking. He's going to go down as one of the most successful presidents. Everybody loves peace and prosperity, special emphasis on peace.