2020 Presidential election

NAOS

I'm assuming the last comment is a response to an amalgam of individuals perceived as similar in ideology due to being viewed as being on one side of an arbitrary line?
It’s in response to the spirit of our times. After all, I’m sentient and I speak English... and I’m able to understand all the times when the chief executive stands up and makes statements about how he’s been victimized.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Who has claimed Trump was not voted in during the 2016 election?
My response was to this original comment:
Especially considering the **** they pulled in 2016, and the hellish result we've been living with on a daily basis.
And my question was if it were possible that Trump won. The implication is that because of "the **** they pulled in 2016" that we've been living with "the hellish result ... on a daily basis," which I take to mean Trump being president. The originator of the intent of my questions asking if it were possible that Trump actually won by saying "Possible, yes. But they undeniably helped him."

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
It’s in response to the spirit of our times. After all, I’m sentient and I speak English... and I’m able to understand all the times when the chief executive stands up and makes statements about how he’s been victimized.
Ah. Well, I tend to enjoy engaging with what people have actually said.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I’m confused. Are you saying that Trump doesn’t cry Victim! on the reg? Cuz I definitely hear it all the time.
Trump can speak for himself. It was me you were responding to, no?

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
No. I was just decrying what looked like yet another instance of poor Trump being a victim whilst expressing myself in a public forum.
Right, and I tried to clarify that by stating that it appeared as if you weren't really responding to what I was saying but to something or someone else.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
I don't feel comfortable making probabilistic predictions about which crazy person a group of low information voters will gravitate towards.
I'm probably one of the lowest information voters and that's the only third party candidate that's been floated (even though she herself has dismissed this -- just going with public perception for argument's sake) that I'd probably switch for.

The Thriller

This is pretty incredible.

The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.
Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Reactions: Red

LogGrad98

Contributor
Sentience is overrated

The Thriller

How is American democracy supposed to function when one of the two major political parties engages in such illiberal, fascist, and inflammatory rhetoric?

He’s advocating for the murder of American citizens without arrest and trial. This is pretty sick coming not from some nutjob troll but from a ****ing congressman.