2020 Presidential election

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
A popular vote removes the power from the states entirely, placing it with the individual citizens. California's citizens don't vote as a block, they vote as individuals. Same for the citizens of Texas, Hawaii, and Wyoming. Far from being nationalized, the power to elect a President is decentralized. Conservative in California now cast votes that matter, as do liberals in Wyoming. The founders also envisioned power being retained by citizens and voters individually.

If you feel this way, then go ahead an add abolishing the electoral college to your list of grievances.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
It's a direct quote

"when I saw Hillary Clinton at Sean’s coffin ceremony, just days later, she looked me squarely in the eye and told me a video was responsible."
https://www.politifact.com/article/2016/jul/19/checking-patricia-smiths-claims-about-clinton-and-/
So NOW what a person says is testimonial fact. When it go with your preconceived thoughts.

When someone simply gets direct quoted about something Trump did suddenly it means nothing to you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

One Brow

It's a direct quote

"when I saw Hillary Clinton at Sean’s coffin ceremony, just days later, she looked me squarely in the eye and told me a video was responsible."
https://www.politifact.com/article/2016/jul/19/checking-patricia-smiths-claims-about-clinton-and-/

The woman who also said, "I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son." She's an impartial observer?

What's really funny is that if Clinton had been giving out details on the attack before everything was certain, you same people would have been criticizing her for that, as well. As long as you can criticize Clinton, nothing else matters on these issues.

One Brow

If you feel this way, then go ahead an add abolishing the electoral college to your list of grievances.

"Grievances"? Really? I apreciate that you can't make a serious argument to support you position, so you need to trivialize other positions.

I'm not even sure if I have a position on the Electoral College. It stopped doing what it was supposed to do by the election of John Adams, but we've gotten by just fine with it.

Ferguson_Mellochill

Only a handful of swing states, regardless of size, have an impact on the election.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The states that qualify as "swing states" change from time to time, however. Last year, you could argue that the "swing states" included Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan and North Carolina, as well as Ohio and Florida. Labeling a state as a "swing state" is really just a political analyst concluding that other states are very likely to vote with one party or another going into an election.

checkbookdoc

I am unsure what my appropriate political label is. Can anyone suggest websites where I can answer questions that help me know what term I can use which generally encapsulates my political ideology?

Ferguson_Mellochill

"Grievances"? Really? I apreciate that you can't make a serious argument to support you position, so you need to trivialize other positions.

I'm not even sure if I have a position on the Electoral College. It stopped doing what it was supposed to do by the election of John Adams, but we've gotten by just fine with it.

I did make a serious argument to support the electoral college system. The country, as a whole, is comprised of 50 states, each of which has sovereign rights in the process of electing the President. If you remove those rights, you remove the meaning of states in the electoral process. That's apparent.

If you want to abolish the electoral system, and you regard my response to you as trivializing, then so be it. You can react however you like.

JazzyFresh

The woman who also said, "I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son." She's an impartial observer?

What's really funny is that if Clinton had been giving out details on the attack before everything was certain, you same people would have been criticizing her for that, as well. As long as you can criticize Clinton, nothing else matters on these issues.
See I knew you call her a liar.

And lol I hardly ever mention Hillary. You guys are on your 8th impeachment on Trump and he hasn't been found guilty of a single thing. As long as you can criticize Trump though.

One Brow

I did make a serious argument to support the electoral college system. The country, as a whole, is comprised of 50 states, each of which has sovereign rights in the process of electing the President. If you remove those rights, you remove the meaning of states in the electoral process. That's apparent.

If states were exercising sovereign rights as states, cool. That was the original purpose of the electoral college. Instead, states have abandoned those rights to the electorate of the state. People vote for the President. Most of the time, the electors they are actually electing are not even on the ballot, and those electors are chosen by the political parties, not the state. The states are not exercising any sovereign rights here.

If you want to abolish the electoral system, and you regard my response to you as trivializing, then so be it. You can react however you like.

Especially when my reaction reflects reality.