What's new

2020 Presidential election

The answer is yes.

The stupid keeps on a'coming.

My libtard neighbor just said to me how if his kid's nutrition and development are stunted a bit, or if they miss an occasional meal, or don't get a present on their 6th birthday, it will all be worthwhile if Trump loses.

You just completely miss how the world does not revolve around Donnie. He is your infatuation, not everyone else's. People care about their pocketbooks 1,000,000,000 more than they care about what bozo sits in the white house.

And if Pelosi wanted the economy to tank, why would she support $3T in new spending? Dems could tank the economy soooooo easily. Yet the republicans are the ones stopping additional recovery spending. (Maybe it is Mitch who wants IMPOTUS45 gone? I wouldn't blame him)

The stupidity of your post is mutifaceted.

I think Trump's posture is better explained by his obesity and the lifted shoes he apparently wears rather than some degenerative disorder, although I'm not a doctor.

His mental decline doesn't seem like dementia to me either. He's never been known to be a particularly empathic person, nor well tempered, and the guy has always been more style than substance. It's probably just a lot more obvious now because he's speaking more often about subjects he has never given a single thought to before opening his mouth.

Most doctors refrain from diagnosing patients they have never met; we non-doctors should do likewise.

During the last presidential election cycle and given the relative repulsiveness of both major party presidential candidates, I thought it was a good time for a 3rd party candidate to have a massive effect on the election.
Boy, did I underestimate how much more true that could be - especially in this election cycle.
Look, I absolutely despise Trump and think he's incompetent - but Biden? He's a damn fool.
This is the presidential election cycle that needs a strong, competent, popular 3rd party candidate - soooooo much more than the last one.
Am I alone in thinking this?

During the last presidential election cycle and given the relative repulsiveness of both major party presidential candidates, I thought it was a good time for a 3rd party candidate to have a massive effect on the election.
Boy, did I underestimate how much more true that could be - especially in this election cycle.
Look, I absolutely despise Trump and think he's incompetent - but Biden? He's a damn fool.
This is the presidential election cycle that needs a strong, competent, popular 3rd party candidate - soooooo much more than the last one.

No, you're not. Bloomberg would have made the most sense, but I think him and his team rightly determined that he'd siphon more votes from Biden than Trump which would have given him a plurality and four more years.

To launch a legitimate third party bid, it takes a billionaire and one brash enough to write massive checks equivilant to you or me buying a McChicken. If Musk were born in the US, he's the type of guy that would run just for something to do.

Personally, I don't like billionaires running the country. Any billionaire telling you they understand the working class is full of ****.

Well, Tulsi Gabbard would be more 'competent' than both of them.

If that 3rd party candidate was a well respected conservative... Yes, that would be awesome!

It would be awesome because it would mean Biden would easily win.

The best ANY 3rd party candidate could do right now is take votes from the candidate they are most closely aligned to.

Do I wish we had a voting system that made 3rd, 4th and 5th party candidates viable? Yes! But we don't. The best we could do in our system is completely replace one of the current parties with a new one. Even that is an unrealistic proposition.

If you don't like either party I highly encourage you to vote 3rd party or none of the above. Don't play the game they tell you you have to play. What ****ing difference does it make to regular people anyway? We're riding the seesaw to hell with our current two party system.

"Basing" is a little strong, but if our geopolitical enemy favors a certain candidate, it's important to consider why.
Certainly, but for any election with two candidates, 194 other countries probably have opinions on who they'd prefer, many of which may be hostile toward us. Have we asked, "who does China want?" and is that fundamentally a good thing or a bad thing, or is it just what it is? We've really narrowed down and singled out Russia. It's become a catch-all to avoid any nuanced discussion, and become deployed politically to appeal to emotion. Sanders had a lot of momentum and there was a lot of panic about him being the nominee. Solution? Red bait him.

Certainly, but for any election with two candidates, 194 other countries probably have opinions on who they'd prefer, many of which may be hostile toward us. Have we asked, "who does China want?" and is that fundamentally a good thing or a bad thing, or is it just what it is? We've really narrowed down and singled out Russia. It's become a catch-all to avoid any nuanced discussion, and become deployed politically to appeal to emotion. Sanders had a lot of momentum and there was a lot of panic about him being the nominee. Solution? Red bait him.

This is a good point, but it's also true that in terms of power, enmity, and the combination of willingness and ability to sow discord into our political system, Russia has no peer. Russia is singled out in part due to their unique attitude and abilities.