What's new

2020 Presidential election

Sure, just trying to. The Help and Greenbook will be next. Not that any of the movies are that good but out of priniciple its bull ****.
Next for what exactly? Good grief you can even watch Birth of a Nation on like five different streaming providers and buy it on DVD if you really want to. This fear over censorship is getting ridiculous.

Not even kind of a republican. Not even a little. Just able to understand nuance and logic. Occasionally anyways.

Really? It doesn’t seem like you do. There will be nuance in how providers provide and don’t provide movies. I’ve seen so many irrational people predict which movies will be taken down next. Almost all of them don’t glorify slavery and the Confederacy like GWTW did. It was a racist book that spawned a racist movie even back in the 1930s. So Calm down.

besides, there’s always going to be a provider. Whether it’s YouTube or a dvd. My parents even have a stash of old tapes for a VCR. I’m sure someone could find you a tape of gone with the wind somewhere.

I found this interesting and helpful:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...also-confederate-monument-film-instead-stone/

Next for what exactly? Good grief you can even watch Birth of a Nation on like five different streaming providers and buy it on DVD if you really want to. This fear over censorship is getting ridiculous.

Agree, kind of, its not a fear as I don't really care about any of these movies. It's a matter of principle. Don't cry foul of free speech, you know like when people were trying to suppress NWA back in the day and then as soon as you get a voice, which everyone deserves, try and suppress media that you don't like. Ya see? Probably not and that's fine. This is a very trivial matter in the grand scheme of things but just something I find is bull ****.

Agree, kind of, its not a fear as I don't really care about any of these movies. It's a matter of principle. Don't cry foul of free speech, you know like when people were trying to suppress NWA back in the day and then as soon as you get a voice, which everyone deserves, try and suppress media that you don't like. Ya see? Probably not and that's fine. This is a very trivial matter in the grand scheme of things but just something I find is bull ****.
I'm struggling to find a correlation here. The NWA thing had to do with the FBI right? So like, actual government censorship, which I think we can all agree is bad.

HBO deciding to temporarily take down a movie to add a disclaimer is not at all the same thing.

I'm struggling to find a correlation here. The NWA thing had to do with the FBI right? So like, actual government censorship, which I think we can all agree is bad.

HBO deciding to temporarily take down a movie to add a disclaimer is not at all the same thing.

That's semi fair. I can almost maybe possibly admit when I'm wrong. Although it wasn't totally on the government. The white moms of the world were having a conniption fit, protesting concerts and stores selling the albums. And now the far left, is trying to pull the same bull ****. Like I said, if you aren't a moderate you are a moron and a dumb ***. Nothing is black and white, right or left. 99.9999% of the time the logic lies in the middle.

Like Thriller. He's a delusional moron. So is whomever on this board is far right. Das Jazz or that ute guy or whatever their names are.

That's semi fair. I can almost maybe possibly admit when I'm wrong. Although it wasn't totally on the government. The white moms of the world were having a conniption fit, protesting concerts and stores selling the albums. And now the far left, is trying to pull the same bull ****. Like I said, if you aren't a moderate you are a moron and a dumb ***. Nothing is black and white, right or left. 99.9999% of the time the logic lies in the middle.

You clearly don’t know what you’re even complaining about. @Zombie has done a good job of explaining things and it sounds like you just don’t want to admit that you freaked out for no good reason. And it’s laughable to claim that facts fall “somewhere in the middle.”

Yes.

It's a stupid movie with a dumb plot.

It also glorifies slavery, the confederacy, and has been used as a rallying cry for those who wish to turn the country back from progress.

Again, I really hope Republicans embrace this line of thinking. “Like racist movies? Racist statues? Racist cops??? Vote Republican in 2020!”

Lol nah, the idea that the correct position must lie in the center of whatever the debate is is silly. I don't know why this idea has caught on in policitics when it's nonsensical in just about any other arena.

It also glorifies slavery, the confederacy, and has been used as a rallying cry for those who wish to turn the country back from progress.

Again, I really hope Republicans embrace this line of thinking. “Like racist movies? Racist statues? Racist cops??? Vote Republican in 2020!”
I don't really have strong opinions about what businesses decide to put on their platforms, at the end of the day they're going to go after content that people want to watch because that's what gets them subscribers. Maybe I just missed it but I haven't seen a large movement (certainly nothing like we saw in the nineties with rap music) to get HBO to pull GWTW. The only outrage I am aware with was from the right when it went down for a few hours so they could add a disclaimer.

Lol nah, the idea that the correct position must lie in the center of whatever the debate is is silly. I don't know why this idea has caught on in policitics when it's nonsensical in just about any other arena.

Well you've got Thriller on your side so you are obviously wrong.

Been thinking about this lately. Is it because the media is so focused on “balance” rather than “accuracy?” I mean, it doesn’t seem to matter what crazy **** trump says or baseless right wing conspiracy, the media gives it Unnecessary credibility which gives Republican the framework to always control the narrative. It was ridiculous to watch CNN give time debating that nonsense Trump spewed earlier this week when he accused that poor elderly man in Buffalo for being some member of ANTIFA. He claimed that he purposely fell down after trying to disable police scanners with his george Soros tech.

Others claimed that he was an elderly man who belonged to a pacifist group who was shoved by police, lost his balance, and the tech in his hand was his cellphone.

Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

If so, then the most extreme and most shameless will always win the argument by constantly pulling “the facts” further to their side of “the middle.”

I don't really have strong opinions about what businesses decide to put on their platforms, at the end of the day they're going to go after content that people want to watch because that's what gets them subscribers. Maybe I just missed it but I haven't seen a large movement (certainly nothing like we saw in the nineties with rap music) to get HBO to pull GWTW. The only outrage I am aware with was from the right when it went down for a few hours so they could add a disclaimer.

I mean yeah, they are a business trying to toe the line between PC'ness and $$$$. It's a tough line to walk for sure.

I mean is HBO going to put disclaimers on every movie with murder making sure everyone know's they don't condone it? It's just so ****ing stupid.

And so is this article below.

https://www.glamour.com/story/the-help-white-savior-movies

Huh? what? Why was I included in some weird and incoherent post?
The irony of course is that I'm pretty sure I'm a fair bit to your left politically lol.

But there are a lot of politically illiterate people around here and because you post a lot you get to be the "far left" poster lol.

Lol. I'm sure this moron has GWTW as his favorite movie. Probably has it on blu ray.

redneck_t810.JPG

you're not wrong. But there’s greater context here.

Republicans are struggling to figure out politics in this century. Just like the post 2012 autopsy that Priebus ordered, the GOP needed to change and appeal more towards minorities or they wouldn’t be able to compete in national elections.

Trump bought the homogenous GOP some time. But the day of reckoning is coming. Probably faster due to all of these cellphone videos and cases of police brutality.

So what does the GOP do? Support democrats in taking down these statues and addressing areas of racial tension (like media)? Or do they stick with Trump and his racist base?

Trump is taking the party in one direction. But demographics and polls are taking the party in another. Some senators seem to get it (Romney and Tim Scott). Others are sticking with Trump (ted Cruz). A blue wave may expedite the need for a change in platform this fall.