What's new

2020 Presidential election

Remember, Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess, while the rest of the political field is playing backgammon. And none of them realize they are all trying to play Go.

I think it’s safe to say that Covid wouldn’t have been as bad if Bob Woodward would have alerted the authorities as to its danger. If only he were talking to someone who may have been able to help.

I think it’s safe to say that Covid wouldn’t have been as bad if Bob Woodward would have alerted the authorities as to its danger. If only he were talking to someone who may have been able to help.

I doubt it. Trump And trumpworld would’ve just dismissed him as fake news. The whole thing would’ve been over in one news cycle.

Trump still would’ve resisted attempts for a science based plan and he still would’ve politicized things like masks, shutdowns, and responsible governors.

If Dems take the Senate and Presidency, look for Breyer and RBG to decide to retire so they can lock in the liberal arm for another 30 years. I don't trust any president D or R in this day and age to nominate true moderates.

Merrick Garland was a centrist for all intents and purposes; McConnell is just a d-bag.

That would be great.

Terrifying that this man has Trump's ear and that I'm sure trump is considering this course of action.
Are we the United States of America, or are we a banana republic? Where are the Republican voices condemning this nonsense?

Stone is a master himself of the power of conspiracy to control minds, emotions, and get the desired reaction from that part of the base that thrives having an elemental enemy to hang their fear on. It’s bizarre and outrageous to see an attempt to change our government as we know it, by a power grab “coup” centered on “lunatic thought” as a significant part of its appeal. This is Trumpism as a cult anchored by the emotive force of “us vs. a fabricated nonsensical fiction”. The beliefs are so bizarre that it’s fair to ask if it’s a type of psychological/social disease.

The entire elemental level of fear that Trump wants infused into the body politic is well represented by low life’s like Stone and Jones. It’s sick. And Stone knows his job is to cripple any trust in the fundamental institution of our democracy talking like this. As does Trump. The only way he can lose is if it’s rigged? Trump cultivates the QAnon faction as well. Using a whacko nut job narrative to ride a wave to absolute power? That’s not just sick. That’s embarrassing if we’re that stupid as a people.

And it should be seen as criminal. Criminal to treat our nation and ourselves with such contempt. Isn’t that what this amounts to? Treating Americans with contempt? We should be saying how dare Trump do this, not branding citizens who simply see the con man for what he is as “Trump haters”.

The ads just write themselves

I believe this is precisely why Trump, in a tweet, told Mueller not to cross a “red line”, by looking into Trump’s finances. It’s also why Russia is closer to a criminal enterprise than a nation state. At least in terms of the center of gravity for power: Putin, oligarchs, Russian mafia, the intelligence services. And Trump properties have long been useful for money laundering.....