What's new

2020 Presidential election

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/how-mark-burnett-and-apprentice-sold-trump/579565/

Great article on how TV has impacted people’s perception of Donald trump. Because of the apprentice, people think Donald is successful, visionary, and honest. These are mistakes. But because people (namely the older people addicted to TV) are so molded by TV and what they’ve seen of trump, literally real reporting of facts is regarded as “fake news” to them.

Pretty incredible when people in a democracy regard carefully edited reality tv as real and journalists quoting trump, government studies, and American intelligence agencies as “fake.”

Btw, David Frum worked in the Bush admin. He’s not exactly a liberal.

Btw, anyone looking for a fun follow? Look at Rick Wilson.He’s a republican strategist who’s a Never Trumper. He triggered a bunch of Trumpers last week with his mocking of Trumpers. This thread is an hilarious response to the blowback he got from angry Trumper snowflakes

**** your feelings Trumpers.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/how-mark-burnett-and-apprentice-sold-trump/579565/

Great article on how TV has impacted people’s perception of Donald trump. Because of the apprentice, people think Donald is successful, visionary, and honest. These are mistakes. But because people (namely the older people addicted to TV) are so molded by TV and what they’ve seen of trump, literally real reporting of facts is regarded as “fake news” to them.

Pretty incredible when people in a democracy regard carefully edited reality tv as real and journalists quoting trump, government studies, and American intelligence agencies as “fake.”

Btw, David Frum worked in the Bush admin. He’s not exactly a liberal.

It might have mattered that Frum worked in the Bush admin back in the day. It doesn't matter anymore. He's now part of the deep state that's trying to oppress the white man and establish a stateless, culture-neutral new world order that benefits only the puppetmasters.

Get Educated. :D

Democrats are being petty AF not funding a whole $6 billion. They're retardedly against a wall. The only reason people like zombie have a hardline stance against building one is because Republicans are for it. That's it. Petty AF. Build the damn thing and move on. This wall is our generation's Roe v Wade and it's stupid as hell.

Sure, because after the wall is built, Trump won't have five more equally unreasonable demands in his back pocket.[/sarcasm]

My understanding is that there can be a discussion on the approving both the wall and citizenship for Dreamers in the same piece of legislation, but that's also a non-starter for Trump.

Sure, because after the wall is built, Trump won't have five more equally unreasonable demands in his back pocket.[/sarcasm]

My understanding is that there can be a discussion on the approving both the wall and citizenship for Dreamers in the same piece of legislation, but that's also a non-starter for Trump.

Politics of the wall is about more than just Trump. Having such a narrow-minded focus does nothing to move this forward.

We had such a deal early last year. But then Steve Miller and John Kelly got to trump. They convinced him to kill this deal. In desperation lindsey Graham and Dick Durbin (democrat) came to try and save it. It was during this meeting Donald lamented having so few Norwegian immigrants coming here and referred to Haiti and countries in Africa as “**** hole” countries.

Democrats have tried working with Donald. Why should they now? Especially after winning the House and Trump demanding the “mantle” of a government shutdown?

It seems like a lot of America has forgotten all of this. It makes things difficult when so much of our populace no longer have memories that last beyond 24 hrs. I’m already seeing “both sidesisms” on tv. Ridiculous

You're not attempting to have a reasonable discussion if you are starting with a claim that Trump is the honest politician.

I'm not going to engage in a debate within your false reality.

I've mainly avoided adressing anything you write for a couple years now, especially subjects you are sensitive to and unreasonable about. Reciprocationcwould be welcomed.

I've mainly avoided adressing anything you write for a couple years now, especially subjects you are sensitive to and unreasonable about. Reciprocationcwould be welcomed.
Nah. You post flat out ******** I'll call it flat out ********.

You don't have to worry about my feelings. Don't confuse passion for being a snowflake.

Nah. You post flat out ******** I'll call it flat out ********.

You don't have to worry about my feelings. Don't confuse passion for being a snowflake.

You've been the most triggered snowflake on here for a long time.

-----

This thread is about the shutdown that Hillary Clinton and biased CNN caused. If the democrats hadn't held border security hostage for three decades we wouldn't see a fight back like we are. Keep supporting Clinton's guys.

I find it helpful to understand the emotions Trump elicits, and channels, at his rallies. I assume his rally goers are among the most fervent of his supporters, so I'd just as soon take as close a look as possible at that core of his core. Assuming he's a candidate again in 2020, though a lot can happen between now and then.

Written before the midterms, these are perspectives offered by Trump rally attendees. Good stuff...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/01/trump-rallies-america-midterms-white-house

"There is no understanding Donald Trump without understanding his rallies.

They are the crucible of the Trump revolution, the laboratory where he turns his alternative reality into a potion to be sold to his followers. It is at his rallies that his radical reimagining of the US constitution takes shape: not “We the people”, but “We my people”...

..Five rallies, eight days. At each, we explore a different emotion that Trump evokes to arouse his people’s devotion, in search of the source of his appeal."

-----

This thread is about the shutdown that Hillary Clinton and biased CNN caused. If the democrats hadn't held border security hostage for three decades we wouldn't see a fight back like we are. Keep supporting Clinton's guys.
Lol, you tell funny jokes.

-----

Anytime you ever try to sound like a reasonable intelligent person on this site I will go back to this post and remind myself who I am dealing with.

You're a clown.

You tried going low here thinking you could get me. I don't give half a **** about you. You're gross.

-----

Hahahaha. Neither part, yes that includes the Rs, has done jack **** about immigration and the border.

Keep trolling. It’s finny as hell to me. Kudos

Anytime you ever try to sound like a reasonable intelligent person on this site I will go back to this post and remind myself who I am dealing with.

You're a clown.

You tried going low here thinking you could get me. I don't give half a **** about you. You're gross.

I'll care when you become a respectable person again. Your condescending attitude toward anyone who sees things from a different p.o.v. than you is a little too much like the Trump approach for my taste.

Also, **** this shutdown ********. It has been ******** every single time it has happened. I support a constitutional amendment requiring a fiscal year long budget to be passed by 10/31 of every fiscal year.

I’m so damn tired of watching average citizens get screwed by DC this way. It’s ****ing ********. It should be criminal.
I think this amendment should include a provision that if a budget cannot be agreed upon, both houses, and the entire executive branch, forfeits their entire next year of pay and all other federal workers continue to get paid. It is one of the very worst things about our government in general. The shutdowns are complete horse-****.

This isn't all on Trump, not close, he's just the figurehead. I blame this one on the Republicans just as I blamed the last big one on Democrats. All the tops of these two parties care about is retaining power. R's had two years to pass this, D's gave them much more in the past (in exchange for what? Rush, Sean, Glenn)? This is a game to these assholes. Stop responding to their polls.
This has been all they've cared about for going on 3 decades now, and it's only getting worse.