What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

2021-2022 hot takes thread

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
As far as the camera angle conversation goes, I had a couple seasons back in the day with seats about 4 rows off the court not far from mid-court across from the benches. Well my friend did and he often had a seat available so I went. The experience was cool, timeouts especially. Half time. But for just watching the game I'd take the season tix I had that were at the top of the lower bowl because you could actually tell what was going on. Floor-side seats are cool and the experience is fun, but you feel like you didn't see the whole game because the angle straight up sucks for actually watching the game. So for TV, where my sole purpose is watching the damn game, i want the angle just under the jumbotron. Where I can see what's going on and put it in context. I don't want all the ******** angles that show me how fancy the camera guys are but makes it much harder to follow the action.

TheGoldStandard

For years I had two 4th row and two 16th row I shared with a few people. Both were fine, but I preferred fourth row. Before we purchased them, we walked around after a game and assessed seating position. The "4th row" is the 4th row of plastic seats, so really the 7th or 8th row. At center court, the view is perfect. After I moved out of state I gave up the 4th row seats. Close enough for players to hear you and respond, far enough that you can see the whole court.

If I can't get mid-lower bowl or lower, I don't go.

As far as the camera angle conversation goes, I had a couple seasons back in the day with seats about 4 rows off the court not far from mid-court across from the benches. Well my friend did and he often had a seat available so I went. The experience was cool, timeouts especially. Half time. But for just watching the game I'd take the season tix I had that were at the top of the lower bowl because you could actually tell what was going on. Floor-side seats are cool and the experience is fun, but you feel like you didn't see the whole game because the angle straight up sucks for actually watching the game. So for TV, where my sole purpose is watching the damn game, i want the angle just under the jumbotron. Where I can see what's going on and put it in context. I don't want all the ******** angles that show me how fancy the camera guys are but makes it much harder to follow the action.