What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I'm just not super interested in a #1 scoring option type if they dont have an all-around game. We got Lauri. He's our bucket getter. We dont really need another pure bucket getter, especially ones who are more isolation based. That's what draws me away from dudes like Whitmore/Jackson. We really need guys who can make others better on both ends.
It seems like Whitmore at least gets his semi-efficiently and in the flow of an offense. Guys that go straight iso need to be effing awesome in the nba.

I'm just not super interested in a #1 scoring option type if they dont have an all-around game. We got Lauri. He's our bucket getter. We dont really need another pure bucket getter, especially ones who are more isolation based. That's what draws me away from dudes like Whitmore/Jackson. We really need guys who can make others better on both ends.
as much as i like whitmore, this is a really good point, tbh.

Umm...umm...well, the NBA draft analyst connected to Locked on Jazz feels that Sidy can easily play point guard in the NBA...if true this guy is the biggest sleeper in the draft. Watch for his stock to explode.
Also, another LOL at Locke... the Jazz aren't tanking but also lets talk draft with 15 games left and his statement today "we could easily slide to #5". Bruh if we aren't actively tanking the hardest anyone has every tanked... then there is no way in hell we get anywhere near 5th.

Umm...umm...well, the NBA draft analyst connected to Locked on Jazz feels that Sidy can easily play point guard in the NBA...if true this guy is the biggest sleeper in the draft. Watch for his stock to explode.
Sidy is definitely not a pg.

He can pass teh **** out of the ball, but he is a bit heavy footed. I see him more as a point forward.

I would love to come out of the draft with a wing combo of Dick/Cissoko then draft an upperclassmen dog like Jacquez and sign FVV in the off-season.

I wouldn't turn someone down because they happen to have the most valued skill in the league....but I also don't think Lauri has the same skillset. Lauri gets assisted on a high amount of his baskets. That's not a knock on him, but it's just to say he doesn't get his buckets from throwing him the ball and letting him go to work. Pairing him with a ball in hand player, essentially a better version of Clarkson, is the best case scenario for Lauri.

Also, another LOL at Locke... the Jazz aren't tanking but also lets talk draft with 15 games left and his statement today "we could easily slide to #5". Bruh if we aren't actively tanking the hardest anyone has every tanked... then there is no way in hell we get anywhere near 5th.
I wouldn't dismiss it. He says when Scoot was not playing, he excelled in the role. His guest seems credible.

View: https://youtu.be/g_v4wgrLf8Y

He can pass teh **** out of the ball, but he is a bit heavy footed. I see him more as a point forward.

I would love to come out of the draft with a wing combo of Dick/Cissoko then draft an upperclassmen dog like Jacquez and sign FVV in the off-season.
You always looking for a Dick combo though... if Dick is in the combo you are all in.

I wouldn't dismiss it. He says when Scoot was not playing, he excelled in the role. His guest seems credible.

View: https://youtu.be/g_v4wgrLf8Y

It wouldn't be his best use though. You play him as a secondary creator on the wing with an actual pg and you are really on to something. You can run those types of alignments with bench units without a pg and create mismatches. Point forward can be devastating.

I think for Sidy I see the player that some think OG is... he may not be as good on defense though. He's just thicc and moves real well.

this would move a guy like Black way up the board. Rupert too. big guards/wings who can handle, distribute, defend and ideally (but they may not have this luxury) score/shoot. neither Rupert or Black are #1 scoring options but they potentially bring everything else to the table. in terms of realistic targets for the Jazz, Sidy, the twins and Leonard Miller appear to have that kind of potential assuming the reach their ceiling.

KOC has a new mock/rankings

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

Black, Jackson, Jones... not bad. Probably would take Sidy instead of Jackson, but GG was one of the top 2-3 guys left in this scenario.

I like Anthony Black at #9...still a real debate if Cason is the better prospect for me though.

I hate GG at 17 and I really disagree with the justification as well. I don't see GG as an upside play. When someone is horrid at something, it doesn't give me the belief that he can be elite at it. Someone like Jordan Hawkins has way more realistic upside potential IMO....but I know I see potential differently than the consensus.

Have not spent more than 5 minutes looking at Jones so won't comment.

this would eliminate a guy like Jarace as well. and it would move a guy like Black way up the board. Rupert too. big guards/wings who can handle, distribute, defend and ideally (but they may not have this luxury) score/shoot. neither Rupert or Black are #1 scoring options but they potentially bring everything else to the table. in terms of realistic targets for the Jazz, Sidy, the twins and Leonard Miller appear to have that kind of potential assuming the reach their ceiling.
I'd still include Walker because a lot of his appeal is his defensive versatility being able to potentially being able to play small lineups with him as a switching 5.

Meh.....People need to lower their expectations for lower picks, well all picks really. He's hit on a lot of later picks. His last three late round firsts have been Pritchard, Grant Williams, and Timelord. That's a fantastic run of picks. Had some stinkers with Nesmith and Langford, but that's also just the reality of the draft.
who is timelord?

I will be shocked if Sidy is the next great NBA point guard lol but he might be getting some late riser attention similar to Scottie B in that department and we all know how high he went.
I don't think Sidy is Barnes as a playmaker though I doubt it is that far off.

I like Anthony Black at #9...still a real debate if Cason is the better prospect for me though.

I hate GG at 17 and I really disagree with the justification as well. I don't see GG as an upside play. When someone is horrid at something, it doesn't give me the belief that he can be elite at it. Someone like Jordan Hawkins has way more realistic upside potential IMO....but I know I see potential differently than the consensus.

Have not spent more than 5 minutes looking at Jones so won't comment.
I love Jones there. As a numbers guy I think you will too.

If the board lined up like that I would have gone Sidy or Hawkins, but GG would have been right behind them... its not a reach there with how the board lined up. I would prefer a trade up for Hendricks in that scenario though.