What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Robert Williams III earned that nickname after first oversleeping and missing his introductory press conference altogether and then he missed a flight and was way late on his first practice day as a Celtic.
Its hilarious now... cuz its a legit cool nickname that started as a total diss.

Wait ......
A Sidy pairing with Sexton would work well.
A Sidy pairing with Dame would work too. Omyheck. Why not him as a target?
Even a Kris Dunn and Sidy pairing is very playable.
And yes, a Jordan Clarkson and Sidy lineup would kick ##$ too.

He sticks to the floor like Deron Williams did, but maybe with a little body composition improvement he would get even quicker.

Last edited:

New deets dropped. The most comprehensive report yet. Still reading, but so far seems to exonerate Miller from any ill intent.

After finishing it seems highly unlikely Miller will have any charges against him. It seems like the text to "bring the heat" was probably sent while MIller was driving after already being asked to pick them up and he didnt see the text. Also he was parked when the other car pulled up on him, so the original report about him blocking people in was fabricated BS. Also seems like it's a question as to who shot first.

Last edited:
KOC has a new mock/rankings

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

Black, Jackson, Jones... not bad. Probably would take Sidy instead of Jackson, but GG was one of the top 2-3 guys left in this scenario.
Even with Keyonte going before our pick, I kind of hate this scenario. Makes me feel like there is a top 7 that I'm super hyped about and then a dropoff. I really don't know these players, I'm going off minimal research and just vibes but that's kind of where things are settling for me. In this scenario I think I'd take Wallace, and Sidy. Hardly know dudes in the 20's and beyond, so sure we can stick with Jones for the third pick.

Wait ......
A Sidy pairing with Sexton would work well.
A Sidy pairing with Dame would work too. Omyheck. Why not him as a target?
Even a Kris Dunn and Sidy pairing is very playable.
And yes, a Jordan Clarkson and Sidy lineup would kick ##$ too.

He sticks to the floor like Deron Williams did, but maybe with a little body composition improvement he would get even quicker.
Im all in on Sidy personally.

Will be super important to know who wants what. Can you get Sidy with the Wolves pick or do you need to trade up or use the 1st pick on him? This draft is going to be hard to predict.

And I'm not saying he isnt on a dont draft list or anything, but just something to consider. I'm starting to talk myself into Dick being worth a top 8 pick.
I don't dislike him, but I would have Dick in the 12-16 range not top ten. Maybe OK for our second pick, but not our first. Someone will probably take him before then though.

Even with Keyonte going before our pick, I kind of hate this scenario. Makes me feel like there is a top 7 that I'm super hyped about and then a dropoff. I really don't know these players, I'm going off minimal research and just vibes but that's kind of where things are settling for me. In this scenario I think I'd take Wallace, and Sidy. Hardly know dudes in the 20's and beyond, so sure we can stick with Jones for the third pick.
I think most would like Black if they watched him. He's a good pick at 9. I think if we like Cam we need to get above Indiana (assuming they don't move into top 4). Right now I'm fairly convinced Cam goes 5 or 6.

I don't dislike him, but I would have Dick in the 12-16 range not top ten. Maybe OK for our second pick, but not our first. Someone will probably take him before then though.
There are some uncanny sims as a draft option to the FInnisher in Grady Dicks game though and he could be seen by this org as an asset to use to keep the Finnisher from getting the Brinks dump

Im all in on Sidy personally.

Will be super important to know who wants what. Can you get Sidy with the Wolves pick or do you need to trade up or use the 1st pick on him? This draft is going to be hard to predict.
I love that his shooting improved in Gleague. He has all that you need. He can be better with more quickness but I think he has enough of everything else. But we have quickness with Sexton, and Dunn (on the defensive side) if we resign him and Clarkson's ISO will complement Sidy well. Can we draft Cam or Jarace and Sidy, pretty please?

Last edited:
Weren’t a couple people here talking Hendricks in the top-8 or so? Let’s pump the breaks on that.

Players i really really want
If we win lotery and move to top 4 brandon miller
With minnesota's pick taylor hendricks but he is likely gone so maybe jordon hawkins
With phili's pick give me sidy. Hope he does not continue to rise in mock drafts.
Miller
Hendricks
Sidy
Would be my dream draft and we would become true championship contenders in a couple years. But would need a ton of luck.

Let someone else take him and push a better player down. I just can’t justify taking him over guys like Ausar, Black, George, Whitmore, Walker, etc.
I think Taylor is deserving of a spot in the Black, George, Walker tier for me. Whitmore and Ausar likely in a tier slightly above those guys.

I think Taylor is deserving of a spot in the Black, George, Walker tier for me. Whitmore and Ausar likely in a tier slightly above those guys.
I don’t think so but that’s what makes this fun. Everyone has their own preferences. There is a clear top-9 to me at the current moment and I think I might like Wallace and NSJ better than him as well.

I love Jones there. As a numbers guy I think you will too.

If the board lined up like that I would have gone Sidy or Hawkins, but GG would have been right behind them... its not a reach there with how the board lined up. I would prefer a trade up for Hendricks in that scenario though.

I see GG as a second round guy and I'd have a lot of guys above him that were still on the board. I wouldn't be too upset if we took him with the Sixers pick, but I'd have Howard, Hawkins, Brice, Rupert, Sidy firmly ahead of him with many more I'd prefer as well.

Coulibaly isn't on many boards right now as I assume people have him in the next draft, but I'm hoping he stays under the radar and we give him a promise with the Sixers pick. Get with agent, guarantee making him a millionaire by making him a 1st round pick, then stash him for a year.

Black/Wallace
Hendricks/Sidy/Rupert/Clowney
Coulibaly

That's the semi realistic draft I'm hoping for.