What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

For my next big board I will make the Elizah Huge Edition where I just take the biggest national mock draft and move prospects up/down by 1 or 2 slots so it's not too radical.

For my next big board I will make the Elizah Huge Edition where I just take the biggest national mock draft and move prospects up/down by 1 or 2 slots so it's not too radical.

Right, because Anthony Black is a consensus top-7 player. I’ve been talking about Leonard Miller for months, Bufkin before he got super popular, etc. It’s not my fault the guys I like and talk about are rising.

Not going point by point, but if you can’t see that size is one rather important determinant of ability and value, I don’t know what to tell you. The other point is I’m not drafting him to be inefficient, I’m drafting him because the potential is undeniable and think the upside is worth the risk (at 16, having multiple picks this year, and having a bunch of picks in the future).

You have posited the question of why not sensabaugh if we’re trying to draft a bucket? Because Sensabaugh is less physically gifted and more physically hampered. I don’t think he can play defense, flat out. He has cement shoes and bad knees. He is also lost and has shown 0 aptitude or desire to play defense on top of that. So him even getting on the floor looks like a nearly 0 chance to me, so he doesn’t get to be a bucket. I think you can get GG on the court doing garbage man stuff and he is capable of performing the task, I don’t think Sensabaugh can.
Numberica is definitely the most level headed GG Jackson commenter. Neither loves or hates, but understands both ends of the spectrum.

If he doesn’t do the stuff he doesn’t play. Simple.

You are overthinking this.
I think you may be underthinking it (I mean this respectfully my friend). If he does not do the other stuff then he does not get on the court.... if he doesn't play then how does he learn the other stuff?

Its just funny because there is a ginormous list of guys who were projected medium upside guys because they would be role players... or didn't have the physical attributes to slobber over... that end up becoming all-stars or borderline all-stars. There are also a bunch of dudes who could get buckets who end up never playing.

I think if it ends up working for gg that its more likely to look like a high end Marcus Morris than a broke man's Jayson Tatum. Go on ahead and think about it at 16 if you want to but at 9 its laughable.

I think you may be underthinking it (I mean this respectfully my friend). If he does not do the other stuff then he does not get on the court.... if he doesn't play then how does he learn the other stuff?

Its just funny because there is a ginormous list of guys who were projected medium upside guys because they would be role players... or didn't have the physical attributes to slobber over... that end up becoming all-stars or borderline all-stars. There are also a bunch of dudes who could get buckets who end up never playing.

I think if it ends up working for gg that its more likely to look like a high end Marcus Morris than a broke man's Jayson Tatum. Go on ahead and think about it at 16 if you want to but at 9 its laughable.
Ochai didnt get on teh floor for the longest time and he seemed to learn stuff. There's coaching and there's the G-League.

And again, GG Jackson showed when he's placed around talent he can assume a defensive role. He won Defensive Player of The Peach Jam. It's not some crazy proposition that you can get this dude to D up.

Numberica is definitely the most level headed GG Jackson commenter. Neither loves or hates, but understands both ends of the spectrum.

I think almost anyone would be fine with him at 16. The proposition of reaching for him at 9 is comedy which is why you’re getting clowned for it.

Ochai didnt get on teh floor for the longest time and he seemed to learn stuff. There's coaching and there's the G-League.

And again, GG Jackson showed when he's placed around talent he can assume a defensive role. He won Defensive Player of The Peach Jam. It's not some crazy proposition that you can get this dude to D up.
My bad... didn't know he was amazing at Peach Jam... lol. Its not just desire on defense its reading the game and being mentally focused. I'm sure in the G League he will be focused on all the right things instead of getting buckets...

He's 18 and maybe he becomes a totally different dude than he has been thus far... but that is not a top 10 guy.

I think almost anyone would be fine with him at 16. The proposition of reaching for him at 9 is comedy which is why you’re getting clowned for it.
Let me be clear... I don't even want him at 16 but I would swallow the throw up in my mouth, live with it, and hope for the best. At 9 I'd have a draft night meltdown similar to the one I had when we took Dok.

Taking GG feels less like an investment and more like a close your eyes and take a swing type of gamble.

Do y'all get tired of rehashing your opinions against GG so much? I think both sides have pretty clearly stated why they like him or dont like him.

Alright... one more deal... three team deal with Dallas and Atlanta.

Dallas out - Bertans/McGee, #10
Dallas in - John Collins and #16

Utah out - KO and #28, #16
Utah in - #15, #10 and Bertans/McGee

Atlanta out - Collins and #15
Atlanta in - KO and #28

We end up with 9, 10, 15 Bertans and McGee are obviously really gross. Feels like we give up too much but if we landed a Ausar/Walker/Hendricks at 9 we can then grab the leftover pg from Wallace/Black and pick your favorite upside play at 15. Its too good for Dallas tbh so maybe they hit us with a **** ton of seconds.

What about KO + 16 for Poole + Kuminga?
I'm not the guy to ask on Kuminga. He's a fine prospect but I have no idea what he is... like seems like he does a few things okay but a little over-rated. Its weird they didn't think he could play at all in the playoffs with the trash they had on the bench.

He actually mentioned this a little and kinda said he was dropping knowledge like Woj. He doesn’t have the in he used to have and DA seems really nimble… so he could pivot while on the clock. I also think this group values keeping as much intel in house as possible.
I also think that Ainge values Locke somewhere below second round picks.