What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Yeah, Id say no chance. I see them taking Hendricks before Black.

Also understand the ball is going to be in the hands of Markelle Fultz, Franz Wagner and Paolo Banchero. So a 3D wing who doesn't demand the ball to be effective fits their core.

The fit for Anthony Black could really be Washington if they don't think Ausar is the lead guard they want.

I think the Jazz are going to need to pay the piper, move up for Cam Whitmore or Jarace Walker, and then get #10 from Dallas to draft Cason Wallace. Maybe Orlando will play ball to move up to #9 and secure Gradey Dick, and the Jazz can get Cason at #11. Either way, the Jazz, Mavs and Magic will need to huddle together. Jazz are going to have to overpay.

Wallace / Agbaji / Whitmore / Markkanen / Kessler would then be our lineup going forward until we make a move for an All NBA guy.

I am hoping for #9 and the 2025 Cavs pick get us #5 or #6 and the we get Cam or a Thompson. Then take the best remaining point guard at #16. #28 either take a gamble on someone like Sasser (unless a surprise player falls) or just trade it for a protected first next year when we might not even have a pick.

Maybe I should just go "sit at the kid's table", but it's not like Detroit is going to be completive for a while and they don't have many future firsts. Also I think Orlando can find what they are looking for at 9 and 11 and pick up a nice future asset too.

I am hoping for #9 and the 2025 Cavs pick get us #5 or #6 and the we get Cam or a Thompson. Then take the best remaining point guard at #16. #28 either take a gamble on someone like Sasser (unless a surprise player falls) or just trade it for a protected first next year when we might not even have a pick.
I could see Detroit doing that maybe? They don't have a ton of future draft capital like the other super ****** teams. But Hendricks is also a great fit for their team, so why pass on him? Same with Whitmore.

the breadcrumb is Bilal is a prospect and Ainge is watching him play. of course the jazz are interested in him.

Danny Ainge flew to Greece to watch Giannis play when Ainge was GM for the Celtics in 2013. However, he traded up with Dallas to draft Olynyk. It showed that Giannis was at least in that draft range. The Celtics were at #16.

Danny Ainge flew to Greece to watch Giannis play when Ainge was GM for the Celtics in 2013. However, he traded up with Dallas to draft Olynyk. It showed that Giannis was at least in that draft range. The Celtics were at #16.
Huh? I do not follow the logic here at all. All it seems to say is that Ainge liked Olynyk more than Giannis? How does this tell us anything about what he thought of Giannis except that he visited him and didn't draft him?

Also, regarding Bilal, I've mentioned this before, but he has the same agent as Rudy Gobert. So obviously, there's a relationship there, given that the Jazz, you know, made Rudy the highest paid athlete in the history of France.

Huh? I do not follow the logic here at all. All it seems to say is that Ainge liked Olynyk more than Giannis? How does this tell us anything about what he thought of Giannis except that he visited him and didn't draft him?

It means that Ainge was considering Giannis at #16, which turned out to be his real draft range.

Maybe I should just go "sit at the kid's table", but it's not like Detroit is going to be completive for a while and they don't have many future firsts. Also I think Orlando can find what they are looking for at 9 and 11 and pick up a nice future asset too.
As far as trading up goes I think Portland and Houston are the most willing partners… Orlando and Detroit are in the “maybe if you knock our socks off” group. Indiana likely not looking to move as they can grab one of Walker/Hendricks/Ausar… unless something wild happens with Amen and he slides. I just think they are in a great spot.

Wiz don’t have a GM so not sure they will swap places with us. Maybe without a GM they are like “eff it… we get another pick for one stupid spot”.

I think they place for a trade up is from 28… i think there are several teams - Heat, Warriors, and Hawks all looking to dump salary and all could be very interested in moving back for some cap relief. I think those are the deals I’m most inclined to do.

Maybe the more important breadcrumb is that the Jazz sent scouts to follow the Twins on their Euro tour before the OTE season.

I mean other than the Sensabaugh to Utah thing, they were pretty in line with what the board concensus is. I think they feel like Sensabaugh has a Hardin-like ceiling and the Jazz need to reach for something like that here. It is like the guys considering GG at that spot.

I kinda feel like you could have gotten Walker there and Sensabaugh at 16 if you wanted a player like that though.
Walker isn’t falling to 11, NSJ isn’t going in the 2nd round, Brice isn’t going 9…..that’s just top of the head man

Walker isn’t falling to 11, NSJ isn’t going in the 2nd round, Brice isn’t going 9…..that’s just top of the head man
They seem like okay people and I like the look and feel of their website but they just do some seriously dumb **** in these exercises and it kinda ruins it. I get their are GMs that do dumb **** but still.

They seem like okay people and I like the look and feel of their website but they just do some seriously dumb **** in these exercises and it kinda ruins it. I get their are GMs that do dumb **** but still.

The weird thing is that their actual draft board didn't have it that way. They just assumed that the team that was going to do the moronic thing was the Utah Jazz led by Danny Ainge. I feel like some of these people do this because they want to send the players they actually like to different teams that are NOT the Jazz.