What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Here would be my mostly realistic perfect draft this year without trades.
9 Ausar Thompson - I've seen several recent mocks implying he goes in the 7-10 range and I think he has star potential. Adds defense, athleticism & versatility at the 1-3 positions
16 Leonard Miller - great athlete that has ideal size and has proven he can score, defend, and rebound against older skilled players
28 Marcus Sasser - slightly short but strong and skilled guard who can score, defend, penetrate, create his own shot in space, distributer, good court awareness

Here would be my mostly realistic perfect draft this year without trades.
9 Ausar Thompson - I've seen several recent mocks implying he goes in the 7-10 range and I think he has star potential. Adds defense, athleticism & versatility at the 1-3 positions
16 Leonard Miller - great athlete that has ideal size and has proven he can score, defend, and rebound against older skilled players
28 Marcus Sasser - slightly short but strong and skilled guard who can score, defend, penetrate, create his own shot in space, distributer, good court awareness
i would jiz myself over that draft.

Black is someone who wouldn’t need the ball in his hands a lot and could play well next to someone like Fultz.

I thought he would need the ball in his hands since he cant space the floor.
Like if he doesnt have the ball then doesnt his defender just sag off him and double on the dude with the ball?

I think the Jazz are going to need to pay the piper, move up for Cam Whitmore or Jarace Walker, and then get #10 from Dallas to draft Cason Wallace. Maybe Orlando will play ball to move up to #9 and secure Gradey Dick, and the Jazz can get Cason at #11. Either way, the Jazz, Mavs and Magic will need to huddle together. Jazz are going to have to overpay.

Wallace / Agbaji / Whitmore / Markkanen / Kessler would then be our lineup going forward until we make a move for an All NBA guy.

That would be a fun lineup to watch.

Pro day insights from DX:

Keyonte:
George elected to not measure, test or participate in any facet of the drills portion of the combine, making his pro day the only glimpse of on-court action NBA teams would receive. Several executives pointed to this workout as one of the most impressive they saw over the course of the week, as he was noticeably in outstanding shape, looked extremely explosive finishing around the basket and made difficult shots look easy all session long. The late-night workout, run by two-time NBA champion Mike Miller (who is also his agent), was full of energy and something much appreciated by scouts after a long day in the gym. George still has work to do in workouts to solidify his standing as a lottery prospect, but he certainly helped his cause in Chicago.

GG:
Viewed by NBA teams as one of the more polarizing prospects in this class in terms of his draft range, Jackson's pro day was well attended by executives. Electing to be the only player on the floor, somewhat of a rarity, Jackson looked completely gassed only minutes into his workout, struggling to make shots for much of the session. If teams had concerns about his body language and especially his shot selection this season -- he was the most inefficient high-volume scorer in high-major basketball (44 EFG%) -- Jackson didn't do much to alleviate those concerns. The majority of the types of shots he attempted in Chicago would be considered low-percentage looks. Couple that with his relatively pedestrian measurements for a power forward -- Paul George, Kevin Knox, Sam Dekker and Sekou Doumbouya are some of his closest physical comps -- along with his struggles in the drills session of the combine on Monday, and this clearly wasn't a great week for Jackson's hopes of solidifying himself as a sure-fire first-rounder.

If I wasn't 100% as a possible top 5 or 6 pick I would do the same. The downside of a bad workout is tough.

I'd come up with food poisoning when I was supposed to workout for the Wizards too.

He's saying he'll be 100% for workouts with individual teams, so it's looking like he just wants to favor certain destinations.