What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Pro day insights from DX:

Keyonte:

GG:

Interesting... Woo and Givony have it out for GG... he's clearly still the best and they are forgetting how dominant he was against the folding chairs.... word is this week he will take on a reclining chair and next week a sectional with an ottoman!!!

I want us to walk away with one of Prosper at 16 or Kalkbrenner at 28 ,but it's looking unlikely either last to the late first and definitely not the 2nd.
I think OMP could be seen as worth it at 16, if they believe in his shot progression.

prosper averaged .1 bpg (blocked 5 shots all season), only 4.7 rebs as a 6'8" elite athlete, and .7 assists as a wing (24 assists all season). negative assist/to ratio. due to his athleticism, he has some potential. but he's a second round prospect, maybe you take a flier on him at 28. but he's a workout warrior with some potential at this point.
I want us to walk away with one of Prosper at 16 or Kalkbrenner at 28 ,but it's looking unlikely either last to the late first and definitely not the 2nd.
I think OMP could be seen as worth it at 16, if they believe in his shot progression.

I wouldnt hate Keyonte at 16 especially if we got Tay/Jarace/Ausar at 9.
I am really starting to love the idea of Ausar. They keep saying he could play some point... but I'd rather add him to another primary creator. Secondary wing creation at his size could supplement so many player types... Keyonte being one of them. I think there is still a chance he slides to #9. If he gets past Orlando I think we are in business.

Interesting... Woo and Givony have it out for GG... he's clearly still the best and they are forgetting how dominant he was against the folding chairs.... word is this week he will take on a reclining chair and next week a sectional with an ottoman!!!
That last one might be obviously above his level, so if he doesn't do well, we can probably ignore his stats from that work out....

www.nbadraft.net is not the best site, but it has an interesting mock currently...
9 Cam Whitmore
16 Maxwell Lewis
28 Dereck Lively
Yes please. I don't even need to see how things play out to know it couldn't work out better than that.

One of the biggest surprises is that Lively is going to go in the lottery. He better at least buy Walker Kessler dinner when it happens, because it will 100% Kessler envy driving it.

Yes please. I don't even need to see how things play out to know it couldn't work out better than that.

One of the biggest surprises is that Lively is going to go in the lottery. He better at least buy Walker Kessler dinner when it happens, because it will 100% Kessler envy driving it.
I think he ends up with the Mavs but I bet they trade back instead of taking him at #10. Don't think he is a lotto lock at all... think it will be in the teens though.

I think he ends up with the Mavs but I bet they trade back instead of taking him at #10. Don't think he is a lotto lock at all... think it will be in the teens though.
Over the last few years he certainly wouldn't have been. But that type of player has become way undervalued. Would you rather have a Kessler or have to resort to shopping at Plumleemart.

Lively is damn good and will value better than his draft position.

Over the last few years he certainly wouldn't have been. But that type of player has become way undervalued. Would you rather have a Kessler or have to resort to shopping at Plumleemart.

Lively is damn good and will value better than his draft position.
I mean cuz those are the only two options.

I think he's good but not sure Walker has a whole lot to do with where he gets picked. Some teams still value bigs and I bet he gets taken in the teens somewhere. Duren and Mark Williams both went top 15 so it just depends on who has needs and where they are slotted.

Back