What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

If I were the Jazz, I'd have Keyonte in the mix at #9. He has the potential to be a high-level scorer and on-ball self creator who can play at the 1 or the 2. I actually like Bufkin as much or more, but think Keyonte is going to have some big scoring nights.
My targets for #16 are Leonard Miller, Keyonte George, Kobe Bufkin or GG. I assume 1 of the 4 will be available there.

I don't think he goes Mavs unless he really just kills his workouts. He's not as NBA ready as Kessler was.
I highly doubt the Mavs are the ones using that pick.if you are looking at the next 5 years you are going to need a body to throw at Wemby. Might as well start developing him now. OKC will need that.

If you watch highlights only, it is easy to like GG. If you watch how he actually plays it makes it much more difficult to do that.
yeah, the idea that you will like him if you watch the game is hilarious. i watched him more times than i care to count and i just a saw a crappy basketball player. basically you will like him if you buy the hype, ignore all the bad and give him the benefit of the doubt that he's young and has a lot of room to improve. in other words if you are optimistic about his potential, you will like GG.

what we saw on the floor when we watched full games and what we saw in the boxscore matched up perfectly and it wasn't pretty.

yeah, the idea that you will like him if you watch the game is hilarious. i watched him more times than i care to count and i just a saw a crappy basketball player. basically you will like him if you buy the hype, ignore all the bad and give him the benefit of the doubt that he's young and has a lot of room to improve. in other words if you are optimistic about his potential, you will like GG.

what we saw on the floor when we watched full games and what we saw in the boxscore matched up perfectly and it wasn't pretty.
GG is basically like this commercial for many people...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdfMYFl0Ic

Right.....I feel like if you watch the film you just as likely or even more likely dislike. Much of the discussion about GG is about his scoring. If you watch the games closely you will also see a guy who's lazy on defense, bad passing, low bbiq, low energy etc.

One of the things I picked out when watching him is that while he as quick feet and a decent first step he also takes a lot of steps to get where he's going. Doesn't have the long strides that can turn a slight advantage into a shot at the rim or free throws, it's easy for the defender to recover or help defense to get in the way. If he was able to make more of an impact with his tools in any way, scoring, rebounding, defense or otherwise I'd be interested. But right now his "talent" just leads to shots he's not very good at making.

Right.....I feel like if you watch the film you just as likely or even more likely dislike. Much of the discussion about GG is about his scoring. If you watch the games closely you will also see a guy who's lazy on defense, bad passing, low bbiq, low energy etc.

One of the things I picked out when watching him is that while he as quick feet and a decent first step he also takes a lot of steps to get where he's going. Doesn't have the long strides that can turn a slight advantage into a shot at the rim or free throws, it's easy for the defender to recover or help defense to get in the way. If he was able to make more of an impact with his tools in any way, scoring, rebounding, defense or otherwise I'd be interested. But right now his "talent" just leads to shots he's not very good at making.
You are really planning to die on this anti GG hill. I look forward to see how it ends up. Personally I think he ends up a Tobias Harris caliber player which I would be very happy with.

You are really planning to die on this anti GG hill. I look forward to see how it ends up. Personally I think he ends up a Tobias Harris caliber player which I would be very happy with.

Am I dying on this hill? I have him rated higher than many draft outlets, just being realistic about what I see. I think Tobias is a nice, high end outcome for him. I don't think he will be the next Carmelo or whatever he's trying to be.

Its just funny when you watch like Keyonte's workout and he was taking and making ridiculous shots... but if GG struggles he simply made it too hard and that is really his agents job. Maybe he's just not an impressive shooter.

I don't change how I feel about him before or after his pro day. Just think at some point GG's super fans should look more inward than outward with regards to his issues. I'd take him in the 20s... and that is likely what NBA gms think at the end of the day too... that is where the risk/reward crosses paths and makes it an okay bet.

Its just funny when you watch like Keyonte's workout and he was taking and making ridiculous shots... but if GG struggles he simply made it too hard and that is really his agents job. Maybe he's just not an impressive shooter.

I don't change how I feel about him before or after his pro day. Just think at some point GG's super fans should look more inward than outward with regards to his issues. I'd take him in the 20s... and that is likely what NBA gms think at the end of the day too... that is where the risk/reward crosses paths and makes it an okay bet.

Regardless of where GG's career ends up, I can't remember a prospect that was babied so much. Like we can't count conference play because it's too hard? Workout against air is too hard? If that's too hard, how hard is it going to be for him in the NBA?

I don't care if someone likes GG a lot, it's fine to have a disagreement in opinion.....but the mental gymnastics and excuses for this guy are kinda crazy lol.

Regardless of where GG's career ends up, I can't remember a prospect that was babied so much. Like we can't count conference play because it's too hard? Workout against air is too hard? If that's too hard, how hard is it going to be for him in the NBA?
I been saying this... the next steps are much harder and you've fed his ego a couple million dollars on top of it.
I don't care if someone likes GG a lot, it's fine to have a disagreement in opinion.....but the mental gymnastics and excuses for this guy are kinda crazy lol.
That's all I'm trying to say... as VP of the Tay Henny fan club if he shot poorly in a workout I wouldn't be like "well his reps should have made the workout easier".

I'm not convinced by workouts either way.

Interestingly, if you disregard Anthony Black’s 3 point misses, he’s 100% from 3 in his freshman year. So I don’t understand why people are worried about his shooting. Same for Wallace. Just ignore the 5 missing inches and he’s not undersized. He’s as tall as Magic!