What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I think KOC had his comp as Marcus Morris... which if it works out I think if fair. I think that is kind of the ceiling for him and I don't think its a good bet.

I think Marcus Morris is a fair ceiling for him. It would take such a massive improvement for him to get there as a scorer. He would also have to get much better in the other parts of his game to be equal to him. If you need a bunch of things to get to Marcus Morris level, I don't really consider you a high potential prospect. There are many other prospects where they just need 1-2 things to make a jump and that will allow them to really pop. Like if Bufkin makes a big improvement in his 3 ball and/or passing (it's not bad to begin with) he's probably an all star. If GG makes a big improvement in his 3 ball he's still a ****** version of Marcus Morris.

I think Bilal is the most likely guy to be there... so I would wait.

I don't disagree, and I hope we go out of our way to make that more of a reality with a draft promise. The ideal scenario is that we draft him at #27, we stash him for a year, he takes over Wemby's spot as the go to guy for Mets, and then we get him on a fresh rookie deal.

Do not let this guy show up to the combine.

Someone explain to me why Julian Strawther is getting mocked as a late 1st/2nd guy. Seems like a Trey Murphy kind of prospect (not saying he would become Trey Murphy) in that he is long, plays good D, and shoots the **** out of the ball.

I feel like I'm missing some serious flaw but I don't know what it is.

1 will be available with the Philly pick... if all of them go then it will push someone else interesting to us. Assuming we stay 9ish I think you look at Hendo, Black, Wallace... with the Minny pick I'm looking at Bufkin as the target or someone that falls unexpectedly... at 27/28 one of the french dudes or if they are all gone one of like Whitehead/Lively/Lewis/Clowney have slipped and you take them. I could see Sensabaugh having a medical red flag and falling... perfect... sit a year and get in NBA shape.

Plan A - take a French dude at 27

Plan B - Yolo on the guy that has fallen for some weird reason.
Plan C - get another pick in the teens using Ochai (boo me) and walk away with two of Hendo/Wallace/Dick/Black.

Someone explain to me why Julian Strawther is getting mocked as a late 1st/2nd guy. Seems like a Trey Murphy kind of prospect (not saying he would become Trey Murphy) in that he is long, plays good D, and shoots the **** out of the ball.

I feel like I'm missing some serious flaw but I don't know what it is.
Because the D hasnt been that good. But yeah, could be pretty good. Seems like a pretty vanilla prospect overall, but he can play/shoot w/ decent size/length.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2o_reqoTbQ

Yeesh, the "Winning Habits" section at the end is brutal.

The highlights are amazing. Some of the lowlights are shocking. He didn't show lowlights that bad with Team USA or in high school. His interviews and the attitude he conveys are going to be critical for him. He also needs to go to a solid organization.

I heard that UNC had used up their scholarships and that this was a main reason he de-committed. Not sure if this is the real story.

This is the most laughable thing I have ever read on here and the fact kcgar thumbs up the post guarantees its trash. Ingles elite shooter Black terrible form and is looking afraid like Ben in the tournament.
Slomo is Fn 6'9 with a above 7' wingspan and is slow as **** hence the name. Black if anything has that athletic ability and decent speed but lacks handles worthy of suggesting he can make up for his shooting woes by attacking the defense off the dribble - he is arguably the most overrated prospect in this draft and not because he can't shoot but because he is given the high bbiq label despite not being smart enough to add a mid range pull or a corner 3 to his resume in the past 10 ****ing years of development.
We draft this guy and the front office must have eaten some dummy dum dum ding dongs before they sent in the selection.
Your reading comprehension is that of a 12 year old.

The highlights are amazing. Some of the lowlights are shocking. He didn't show lowlights that bad with Team USA or in high school. His interviews and the attitude he conveys are going to be critical for him.

I heard that UNC had used up their scholarships and that this was a main reason he de-committed. Not sure if this is the real story.
Hard to believe any team would tell the #1 recruit in the country "lol, we whoopsied and you are the person that doesn't get a scholarship. Tootles!" If they did say that, it's because they actually turned him down because of his red flags and people are citing a clerical error to save face for everybody.

The GG highlights arent even that good to me. It's just a bunch of ISO scoring. If it was iso scoring with playmaking or iso scoring with elite defense that'd be one thing, but it's basically just iso scoring.

He showed some advanced stuff with the ball handling too. Snaking the PnR, change of pace, etc. The competition might be great, but he's clearly thinking on his toes and making quick decisions. Maybe this never becomes a part of his NBA game and maybe his shooting never materializes, but his offensive game isn't barren. Reading up on him, everyone describes him as "raw". Might be true but he shows a lot of promise and I'm expecting a rapid development.

I'm also a sucker for someone who can jump off of either foot, I think it gives a huge advantage. He is very right hand dominant, but he elevates easily off of either foot which allows for those smooth finishes. He's the level of athlete where if he doesn't completely suck at basketball he will be good.
His lightness on his feet and the speed which he moves at his size stands out. That wingspan 7'3" is crazy. Durant is 7'4". He could be a gem. All of the French players except Victor are undervalued.

Last edited:
Hard to believe any team would tell the #1 recruit in the country "lol, we whoopsied and you are the person that doesn't get a scholarship. Tootles!" If they did say that, it's because they actually turned him down because of his red flags and people are citing a clerical error to save face for everybody.
He was being recruited by North Carolina for their 2023 class. When he decommitted he had not reclassified for the 2022 class yet. From what I can find North Carolina had already used their 4 available scholarships for the 22 class. As a 17yr old kid I think it made sense for him to stay local at South Carolina to have his family around him. Also probably every major program had already used there 2022 scholarships by then.

I tried to call it out in the other thread and you downvoted me....
Like everyone else, I make mistakes. I made one at the end of last night’s thread and that is gut-wrenching for me. This downvote will weigh heavily and cause sleepless nights as I strive to be the best keyboard warrior I can be.

He was being recruited by North Carolina for their 2023 class. When he decommitted he had not reclassified for the 2022 class yet. From what I can find North Carolina had already used their 4 available scholarships for the 22 clase. As a 17yr old kid I think it made sense for him to stay local at South Carolina to have his family around him.
He had his choice of schools brother. He went to the school where he could do whatever he wants.

The GG highlights arent even that good to me. It's just a bunch of ISO scoring. If it was iso scoring with playmaking or iso scoring with elite defense that'd be one thing, but it's basically just iso scoring.

Yup...he doesn't have elite physical tools either. If you compare him to the guys you would consider 3's in this draft, they are more athletic and mostly longer than him. Comparing him to 4's, he's just small and not exactly more athletic than them.

If it was a Jaden McDaniels situation where he's going to have both the size and athleticism advantage over most guys in the NBA he matches up with that would be one thing, but GG is on the wrong end of that equation. I feel like GG may have been a matchup nightmare during his youth career but it just doesn't hold up at the higher levels.