What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

If we don't get one of Hawkins or Jett late lottery, it better mean we were high enough to justify George or Smith. I feel like we won't be in the highest range for the best forwards either though.
I don't see more than one of either Thompson's, Miller, Wallace, Whitmore or GG being there if we are outside the top 10. Maybe none of them

If we don't get one of Hawkins or Jett late lottery, it better mean we were high enough to justify George or Smith. I feel like we won't be in the highest range for the best forwards either though.
I don't see more than one of either Thompson's, Miller, Wallace, Whitmore or GG being there if we are outside the top 10. Maybe none of them

I think the Top 10 right now would probably include: Wemby, Scoot, Amen, Miller, Cam, Ausur, Walker, George, NSJ (if he's healthy), GG. That would leave guys like Black, Howard, Sensabaugh, Dick, Wallace, Whitehead, Lewis and Taylor in the 11 - 18 range. Maybe a couple of those guys kick GG out of the top 10. If you want to put Hawkins in that range too, that might make some sense.

If the Jazz don't get a pick in the top 10, I'd take a swing on Black and whichever scorer I truly believe in, whether that's Howard, Sensabaugh, Dick, Whitehead, etc. Truthfully, Sensabaugh is starting to look like he could be the next Joe Johnson. I think he could end up in the top 10.

Last edited:
I should clarify. He reminds me physically of Maggette and a professional scorer.

His game reminds me of Harden, offensively.

Wait. Hardens game with Maggette body? Should probably be the number 1 pick tbh

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Wait. Hardens game with Maggette body? Should probably be the number 1 pick tbh

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't understand where the Maggette and Harden talk is coming from. He doesn't have anything close to Hardens dribble game which is what makes Harden so special and not even remotely close to Maggettes body or athleticism.

I don't understand where the Maggette and Harden talk is coming from. He doesn't have anything close to Hardens dribble game which is what makes Harden so special and not even remotely close to Maggettes body or athleticism.
I retract all those, officially.

He’s way more like Kareem and Spud Webb anyway…..

when you watch cam whitmore, you don't have to look hard to see the warts, but man, he is such a physical specimen and explosive athlete with a functional long range shot, that's a guy i think you have to take a change on at least top 7 and if he busts, you feel okay about it because you just can't pass on a guy with a near non-existent ceiling.

when you watch cam whitmore, you don't have to look hard to see the warts, but man, he is such a physical specimen and explosive athlete with a functional long range shot, that's a guy i think you have to take a change on at least top 7 and if he busts, you feel okay about it because you just can't pass on a guy with a near non-existent ceiling.
He’s a hard one for me.

Will have to reserve thoughts until later in the season I think.

he is definitely a tough one. i guess i've decided after a couple months now, his potential is worth the risk.
The tough part about this draft is you can see the upside in almost everyone but you also see some pretty big flaws. The Thompson brothers are probably right at the top of the list. They are freak athletes with nice handles and vision but they are really bad outside shooters.

The tough part about this draft is you can see the upside in almost everyone but you also see some pretty big flaws. The Thompson brothers are probably right at the top of the list. They are freak athletes with nice handles and vision but they are really bad outside shooters.
There are a lot of dudes that fit that description that are mocked super high. Scoot being one of them.

There are a lot of dudes that fit that description that are mocked super high. Scoot being one of them.
Scoot is actually hitting 47% from three this year. but it is on pretty low volume - only 3 attempts per game - so i think the concern may still be warranted.

If he skips the combine athletic and anthro etc. he will probably go to where he wants to play, aka one of the few teams he worked out for in the 2-9 range imo. But if he tests and tests well, as I expect he would if he does, he is a top 4 lock and not in our discussions.

Scoot is actually hitting 47% from three this year. but it is on pretty low volume - only 3 attempts per game - so i think the concern may still be warranted.
Where are you seeing that? I looked at 3 different sites and all see the same thing, including the NBA/GLeagues own site showing he’s hitting the aforementioned 25% from 3.

E623C198-29BD-4D59-8EE0-1C660FE3BD62.jpeg

basketball reference - but it lists him as only having played six games, so yeah, appears that site isn't up to date.

You have to go to NBA.com and parse through the phases of the G-League season. They have like 3 different sets of games. It's annoying. What you are seeing on reference is just one of those phases.