What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

With many teams trying to jump and get better I see this offseason as a huge sellers market. I don't see the Jazz making many trades if any. Will Hardy mentioned "Sustainability" so I don't think the Jazz are looking to overpay to pair someone with Lauri right now. I do think we will target Austin Reeves but we'll have to pay over 100 million to get him.
This is where a patient team gets some bang for their buck I think. Being a facilitator and using space to help other teams get the win now guys they want. I think there will be some good salary dumps… I think there will be some okay opportunities to move up the draft… might be some guys we can trade for that aren’t ready to win just yet… not sure we should go for a star while that market may get overheated… if the right one became available then sure.

Even if they don't win it, Miami getting to the Finals was probably the best thing that could happen for getting the genie uncorked for the trade markets. Smith was right in that regard.

Hardy also mentioned that they aren't going to drag this rebuilding stuff out. That they are looking to be good again quickly. That points toward getting win now players a bit.
If that is true,and it probably is, you can forget about project guards in the draft at 9, which is fine by me, and lock it in at bpa guard 16.
I am on the fence as to if they should try to hit FF, but it seems to be the typical DA play. which is why I cannot get on board with a project at 9, unless one seen as elite upside first options down the road slide there.
In win now mode who besides Hawkins or Leonard Miller has a better case without trading up? I think those 2 are in play but not if we are going to be rebuilding for awhile.
Maybe Whitehead at 16 fills that need or maybe JHS at that point. Taking any more than one high risk but high ceiling project, seems unrealistic.
On other end of spectrum, If the Jazz plan to go full tanker with no picks next year taking two projects at 9 and 16 we must be trading away current team leaders for 24 1sts, and I dont think anyone wants that

It's not even the baby mama drama, it's the whether or not he's the next Oden.
Agreed. Healthy and its an easy yes. Will he be healthy though? Who knows. Hence the inability to answer

I remember you saying over and over that you want to tank again next year. Hardy is saying they dont want to.
Music to my ears because I read it as the jazz could use assets to maneuver this draft. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind a good tank. But at the same time, if they spend their assets and build a team that can win and shows it can be a contender then great. If we can’t be a contender, then we should lose and loose a lot.

Music to my ears because I read it as the jazz could use assets to maneuver this draft. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind a good tank. But at the same time, if they spend their assets and build a team that can win and shows it can be a contender then great. If we can’t be a contender, then we should lose and loose a lot.
I just don’t think we’re going to be a contender this year.

I'd like Siakim or OG
Maybe Masai will overcorrect from being too tight fisted with his own assets (especially if VanVleet and GTJ walk for nothing), but I'm still very skeptical at the price. Both are exciting players, but I can't see either being the "value" that Ainge is hunting with our cap space this summer

Maybe Masai will overcorrect from being too tight fisted with his own assets (especially if VanVleet and GTJ walk for nothing), but I'm still very skeptical at the price. Both are exciting players, but I can't see either being the "value" that Ainge is hunting with our cap space this summer
Siakim would just be a lot of fun. Idk if he's the best fit for Lauri as they might be kind of redundant and step on each other's toes a bit in terms of their preferred operating space, but I enjoy Siakim.

I think the Jazz will take a long look at both FVV and GT jr. I think Trent jr could be a good piece for the jazz depending on what happens with our player options.

I'm really interested to see what dudes like FVV and Kuzma get paid under this new CBA. I guess the idea is that you can only have two max players now, so will teams actually be disciplined about how much money they are offering to these kinds of guys?