What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

He is just in a funk right now. At some point he will snap out of it in a big way.
Idk if he will. He's just not very good. Great athlete though and if he ever does figure it out he could be good. Just don't have high hopes for him anymore

Kigel has had one game against bad comp and has been awful against any good tea. He was the reason they lost to Virginia. His teammates are really freaking good. Florida is probably a top 15 team. Kugel should easily be able to elevate his game and it's a big red flag he isnt.

If I'm drafting in the top 5 of this draft I might lean safer. I don't think the upside plays have all that much upside (outside of Sarr, but him dominating the GLeague games isn't as impressive in hindsight given how bad the Ignite are. Generally just less certain Sarr is a guaranteed huge upgrade over Kessler)

I'm pretty certain guys like Collier/Walter will have solid careers. Holland/Buzelis/Sarr I'm less sure of. They are bigger and better athletes than the former, but Collier/Walter just seems better.

If I'm drafting in the top 5 of this draft I might lean safer. I don't think the upside plays have all that much upside (outside of Sarr, but him dominating the GLeague games isn't as impressive in hindsight given how bad the Ignite are. Generally just less certain Sarr is a guaranteed huge upgrade over Kessler)

I'm pretty certain guys like Collier/Walter will have solid careers. Holland/Buzelis/Sarr I'm less sure of. They are bigger and better athletes than the former, but Collier/Walter just seems better.

I think you draft Sarr to be a defensive anchor with some offensive upside. I don't think he busts, but it's a question of how far he'll develop offensively.

I really like Risarcher as a facilitator and two-way glue guy in this draft. I think he'll do everything that Kyle Anderson does, but he'll do it at twice the speed and with better shooting and scoring in general. For a team that has guys like Lauri, Keyonte, Brice and Taylor who want to put up shots, having a complementary player like Risarcher could go a long way to holding things together. Another comp to consider in terms of role (though not a direct physical comp) might be Jalen Johnson in Atlanta.

If the alpha wing just isn't there in this draft, the Jazz should get a big guard or a complementary wing and wait for the alpha to be available down the road.

Last edited:
Filipowski is averaging 2.5 blocks per 40 minutes this year.

Last year Taylor Hendricks averaged 2.0 blocks per 40 minutes.

Literally anyone can get blocks at the college level. It's not a translatable skill and it's still hilarious to me people marketed it as a standout thing for Hendricks, especially when @andylarsen comped him to Jaren Jackson JR, a guy who averaged 5.5 blocks per 40 minutes at the college level. That's the kind of block volume you need for the skill to translate to the NBA level, not something pathetic like 2 per 40 in the American.

Big Board:

1. Jakobe Walter
  2. Alex Sarr
  3. Isaiah Collier
  4. Zachari Risacher
  5. Nikola Topic
  6. Reed Sheppard
  7. Tyler Smith
  8. Rob Dillingham
  9. Ron Holland
  10. Stephon Castle
  11. Tyrese Proctor
  12. Matias Buzelis
  13. Cody Williams
  14. Kyle Filipowski
  15. Ryan Dunn

Yeah definitely not too excited about the prospects so far. We should definitely seek to acquire players through trade and FA instead of this year’s draft. Even if we manage to hit the jackpot in the draft, there's no guarantee that Hardy will be able to properly utilize them.

Big Board:

1. Jakobe Walter
  2. Alex Sarr
  3. Isaiah Collier
  4. Zachari Risacher
  5. Nikola Topic
  6. Reed Sheppard
  7. Tyler Smith
  8. Rob Dillingham
  9. Ron Holland
  10. Stephon Castle
  11. Tyrese Proctor
  12. Matias Buzelis
  13. Cody Williams
  14. Kyle Filipowski
  15. Ryan Dunn
Well this is shaping up to be one hell of a draft since you don't even have Justin Edwards, Kel'el Ware, Carlton Carrington, DJ Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw listed.

Back