What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Well this is shaping up to be one hell of a draft since you don't even have Justin Edwards, Kel'el Ware, Carlton Carrington, DJ Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw listed.
Wagner and Carrington would be right ouside my top 15. Edwards would probably be in the 25-30 range. Havent seen enough of Bradshaw to list him. Ware is not a first rounder quality player (though he might end up being in this bad draft).

Wagner is a dime a dozen combo guard. He looks solid to me, but he has no standout skills to speak of. If he continues to flop agaisnt high major he will drop even lower.

Love Carrington, but he looks too slow to be a NBA PG. Definitely a solid all around player and someone worth a first in most drafts.

Ware is just a middling center. Not good enough to space the floor with shooting. Not a good enough rim protector to protect the rim. Not high enough motor/toughness. Not skilled enough. Kind of a jack of being "meh" at everything. Worthy of an early 2nd round pick in most drafts just because he still has some potential.

Edwards just looks like the most completely average player possible. If he goes lottery it's due to pre-season hype and you like no one else so much to the point you just ignore the season and go off the HS/AAU hype.

And this is all early, so subject to change and it will change a ton.

I'm pretty confident in calling this a ****** class though. There will be some surprises I'm sure, but all in all, it's going to be one of the worst drafts (like bottom 5) in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
If I had to call a "this guy is going to be way better than anyone realizes and he saves the draft from being clowned on" guy, it would be Reed Sheppard.

He has the most elite skills/feel in the draft. Maybe by far the most elite skills/feel.

But he's also 6'2 and not an elite burst athlete.

But in all my time following the draft I dont think I've been aware of a guy putting up the stocks and 3pt% he has this far into the season and he's doing it while being a floor general.

The fact is that this draft does not have an elite size/skill/feel player. May just have to settle for the elite skill/feel portion.

View: https://youtu.be/pMVGDgJ2YYg?si=WCVl-Nmm2wV9qmx2&t=139

Just can't get excited about a prospect who was billed as a high level athlete who attacks the basket like this in transition.

Like either attack and fast off one foot or pass the ball to the wide open guy. Crazy how one play can highlight what little feel and athleticism you have.

Probably unfair to judge him so harshly off one play, but my eyes can't unsee it and he hasnt done enough to make up for it since.

Kel'el Ware with another really good game. Last year he showed some skills but so skinny that he got pushed around all the time. He has probably put on 20 pounds of muscle since last year which is really impressive.

I’m buying into Risacher he looks MUCH improved from when I last saw him.
Ohhhh... he's falling for the French guy again... look out!!!

All love. Just thought it was funny.

I think my first reaction to Risacher being the early #2 ranked prospect in this draft was, "how the heck is this guy #2 he's not that good?". Now my impression is....he's alright, and everyone else looks bad. He could easily be a top 3 pick from the looks of things.

Jazz seem to be headed towards drafting in the #7 - #9 range again, unless they move up in the lottery. We may need to assume that Sarr, Collier, Holland and Walter will be off the board.

I like Topic, but I'm not 100% sure the Jazz want a ball-dominant point guard with defensive questions. I think this could come down to Buzelis vs. Risarcher vs. Castle. FWIW, I think Castle is a moderately better on-ball big guard than Sensabaugh at the moment. NBA teams are playing so fast right now, I'm not sure if Castle's game will fully translate though. If Garwey Dual can come back strong, I think he might become an interesting option. I think he's a sleeper who could end up in the lottery. I do like Risarcher for the Jazz. I like his consistent energy, footspeed, ability to handle and push the ball, shooting, defensive versatility, etc.

Last edited:
He's not on any of the draft boards such as Tankathon yet but I have a very strong hunch Berke Buyuktuncel will be a 1st round pick in the '24 draft. He's a very smooth 6'-9" lefty out of Turkey who just got approved by the NCAA to play for UCLA. He's just getting his feet wet but he's going to be their best freshman player this coming season. He also plays with a ton of energy. It's way early to even project but I would say he's going to be an Olynyk connector/shooter type but unlike KO will play very good defense.

I have loved what I see from Castle. He needs more consistency from 3 but he seems to be a willing defender. If his height is true at 6'6" he could play with george.

Eight guys worth drafting if you're the Jazz, imo: Sarr, Holland, Collier, Topic, Buzelis, Risarcher, Castle, Walter. Maybe Dual shows up as a 9th guy.

Jazz need a big guard or wing who can get into the middle of the floor and be a bonafide triple threat.

Last edited:
Eight guys worth drafting if you're the Jazz, imo: Sarr, Holland, Collier, Topic, Buzelis, Risarcher, Castle, Walter. Maybe Dual shows up as a 9th guy.

Jazz need a big guard or wing who can get into the middle of the floor and be a bonafide triple threat.

There are a lot more than that. While Justin Edwards may not be a star I think he can be a Harrison Barnes caliber of player who I think most of us would love. Kyle Filipowski would be an awesome plug and play big to replace Olynyk. Carlton Carrington is a well rounded big guard that would be an excellent fit with Key. DJ Wagner has similar upside to Key. Tyler Smith looks like a really solid stretch 4. Just like that we are already to 13 players that are definitely worth drafting for us and we only need 10 since our pick is top 10 protected. There are some other very intriguing prospects as well like Bradshaw, Kel'el Ware, Riley Kugel, Dillingham, Caleb Foster, Bobi Klintman and Tyrese Proctor.

Last edited:

If you are focused on big guards, Proctor has to be on that list. I'd also put Dillingham and Reed in there even though they are smaller guards, they are just better than nearly everyone else in this draft class as far as game goes.

But yeah, that's about it. I'd want to put Tyler SMith on that list as well, but he's really just a role player. A slightly better version of Hendricks. The Jazz need players with actual game though.

I'd take Holland off that list as well. He would be on my do not draft list. Buzelis honestly might be on that list as well, but we havent seen him play yet. I'm not confident he's actually good.

If we are drafting like 10th then a guy like Ryan Dunn could be possible depending on how everything plays out (basically if everyone looks like **** and you just want to draft an insane athlete who actually plays active basketball unlike Hendricks). Cody Williams still has a chance to play himself into the top 10 as well.

Things will become more clear in conference play were these guys separate themselves in negative/positive ways.

Last edited:
He's not on any of the draft boards such as Tankathon yet but I have a very strong hunch Berke Buyuktuncel will be a 1st round pick in the '24 draft. He's a very smooth 6'-9" lefty out of Turkey who just got approved by the NCAA to play for UCLA. He's just getting his feet wet but he's going to be their best freshman player this coming season. He also plays with a ton of energy. It's way early to even project but I would say he's going to be an Olynyk connector/shooter type but unlike KO will play very good defense.
0 chance he's a first rounder this year and I would be shocked if he came out.

Back