What's new

24 Hours until that 17 million disappears.....

I have a feeling that DL and the Jazz are unsure which route is best. On one hand we're hearing that Hayward really wants Hill back and that if he stays the Jazz have a better chance of keeping Hayward. On the other hand we're hearing that if the Jazz are aggressive in trades to improve the team it will help keep Hayward because he wants to win asap. The problem is that we can't really do both right now. If we are aggressive with this cap space to go get a player righy now that may move the needle for Hayward then we can't keep Hill. If we are trying to keep Hill then we can't do a big move right now. It's a catch 22. I have a feeling that we don't do anything unless we can acquire a big name like Love.

I don't know that he can qualify as being the best stretch 4 when he's a poor man's Love but without the rebounding. I'd like him, though, if it weren't for the contract.

Because he is a much better shooter than Love. Love might do other things well but Anderson is the best shooter at his position in the NBA. Maybe one of the best shooters in the NBA period. Love is a better passer and a better rebounder. I think their defense might be a push, I dont know.

This lineup is attainable and can beat GS I think

Hill/Exum
Hayward/Eric Gordon
Paul George/Ingles/JJ
Favors/Anderson/JJ
Gobert/Favors/Bradley

A really solid starting lineup that is close to GS but maybe a step behind but a much better bench and more options. Small ball lineup with our bench of 5 guys who can shoot the three in Exum/Gordon/Ingles/JJ/Anderson. 4 of which are some of the best shooters in the NBA. Maybe play Hill in that lineup and you have 5 really really good shooters.

Because he is a much better shooter than Love. Love might do other things well but Anderson is the best shooter at his position in the NBA. Maybe one of the best shooters in the NBA period. Love is a better passer and a better rebounder. I think their defense might be a push, I dont know.

Based on what, though? I don't have an opinion I'm just curious. I haven't seen Anderson play enough. Their numbers are fairly comparable for their careers with similar attempts from deep, except Love scores more. I'm curious how much Anderson could score on our current team. With 3 years left on his deal I guess it's not the end of the world, but we'd have to find a taker for Burks which I don't believe there is one.

Sure its not a great contract but he still is the best stretch 4 in the NBA. I would not call that a toxic contract. Teams can handle one bad contract. It also nets us a reliable sharp shooter at the 2 position.

Recent reports say that GMs around the league consider that to be one of the worst contracts out there, so I guess it depends on your definition of toxic. Teams with enough cap space to take Ryno without sending salary back were asking for 2 first rounders.

Based on what, though? I don't have an opinion I'm just curious. I haven't seen Anderson play enough. Their numbers are fairly comparable for their careers with similar attempts from deep, except Love scores more. I'm curious how much Anderson could score on our current team. With 3 years left on his deal I guess it's not the end of the world, but we'd have to find a taker for Burks which I don't believe there is one.

Love score point inside much better than Anderson he is really just a pure shooter who can get really hot. This year Anderson shot over 7 3's a game and still shot over 40%. For his career he has shot more threes at a better percentage than Love. They have both played in the NBA for 9 years and Anderson has shot better percentages for 7 of those years from 3. One of those years Anderson had a barely worse percentage but shot twice as many threes for the season.

Anderson is just a pure shooter at the 4 spot.

Recent reports say that GMs around the league consider that to be one of the worst contracts out there, so I guess it depends on your definition of toxic. Teams with enough cap space to take Ryno without sending salary back were asking for 2 first rounders.

Problem with Anderson is you can guard him with a wing and he won't punish you for it. He can't guard anyone so it creates issues. Also had his fair share of injuries.

I think 2 firsts is too much and I think that was speaking of the price right now... like the teams that could take back that much salary now are asking that much. I fully expect Sacramento to take him into their cap space and only get a pick or some mild compensation for doing so. But they couldn't do it before July 1.

I wouldn't want the contract here... hard pass.

Jazz can handle that bad contract for 2 season and then its an expiring. The Jazz would have to dump their bad contracts like Burks. Its not like he isnt bringing something to the team. I would not do it alone it would be for getting Gordon as well.

Love score point inside much better than Anderson he is really just a pure shooter who can get really hot. This year Anderson shot over 7 3's a game and still shot over 40%. For his career he has shot more threes at a better percentage than Love. They have both played in the NBA for 9 years and Anderson has shot better percentages for 7 of those years from 3. One of those years Anderson had a barely worse percentage but shot twice as many threes for the season.

I know he shoots a bit more threes but career it's 4.2 per game for Love vs. 5.6. Different but both are fairly high numbers.

In any case, I may be willing to take him in exchange for Burks if they give us an unprotected pick in two years and a second rounder.

Can't guard Love with a wing... unless it's dray or KD... he stretches and can punish people on the offensive glass and in post ups.

I'd rather get a wing and play them at the 4 than Anderson. If he was paid 35% less it's an okay trade off.

Outside of Aminu/Harkelss or a steal of Rubio or Bledsoe I don't see a deal happening.

I would wait on PG... that market will get soft and we have Hill's bird rights. If Minny wants to give us Rubio for nothing then I think it's a good enough value. If Phoenix wants cap space to pursue Millsap/Griffin and will take a discount then I'd be good with Bledsoe... I'd send the OKC pick for Bledsoe if they wanted.

We may have to keep the powder dry... our powder... it's so dry... it's like dust now.

Can't guard Love with a wing... unless it's dray or KD... he stretches and can punish people on the offensive glass and in post ups.

I'd rather get a wing and play them at the 4 than Anderson. If he was paid 35% less it's an okay trade off.

I would rather have Love as well, he is a better player but I still think Anderson himself improves us. Anderson can punish some wings and does. He also shoots over a lot of wings. He is also a quicker player than Love. The bigger part of this is getting him to help get Gordon to help out our 2 spot. Those two make our team much better all around.

Jazz can handle that bad contract for 2 season and then its an expiring. The Jazz would have to dump their bad contracts like Burks. Its not like he isnt bringing something to the team. I would not do it alone it would be for getting Gordon as well.

3 seasons. He is signed through 2019/2020 with no options.

This lineup is attainable and can beat GS I think

Hill/Exum
Hayward/Eric Gordon
Paul George/Ingles/JJ
Favors/Anderson/JJ
Gobert/Favors/Bradley

A really solid starting lineup that is close to GS but maybe a step behind but a much better bench and more options. Small ball lineup with our bench of 5 guys who can shoot the three in Exum/Gordon/Ingles/JJ/Anderson. 4 of which are some of the best shooters in the NBA. Maybe play Hill in that lineup and you have 5 really really good shooters.

That roster would cost an estimated 162 million dollars. Which is roughly 43 million over the luxury tax. And I think my estimates on Hayward, Hill and Ingles salaries are relatively low.

Hill- 20
Exum- 5
Hayward- 30
Gordon- 13
PG- 19.5
Jingles- 9
JJ- 10.5
Favs- 12
Anderson- 19.5
Gobert- 22
Bradley- 1.5

I know Jazz ownership would be willing to pay the tax if necessary but 43 million over the tax is just a lil crazy.

Problem with Anderson is you can guard him with a wing and he won't punish you for it. He can't guard anyone so it creates issues. Also had his fair share of injuries.

I think 2 firsts is too much and I think that was speaking of the price right now... like the teams that could take back that much salary now are asking that much. I fully expect Sacramento to take him into their cap space and only get a pick or some mild compensation for doing so. But they couldn't do it before July 1.

I wouldn't want the contract here... hard pass.

We'll see. 3 seasons at 20 million and a rocket pick will be bottom 4 in the league most likley. Cap space is more valuable than that now IMO.

That roster would cost an estimated 162 million dollars. Which is roughly 43 million over the luxury tax. And I think my estimates on Hayward, Hill and Ingles salaries are relatively low.

Hill- 20
Exum- 5
Hayward- 30
Gordon- 13
PG- 19.5
Jingles- 9
JJ- 10.5
Favs- 12
Anderson- 19.5
Gobert- 22
Bradley- 1.5

I know Jazz management would be willing to pay the tax if necessary but 43 million over the tax is just a lil crazy.

Go

Fair point but the core would be good enough to win it all. We would have to trade or not sign a couple people. Trade away JJ, Favors or not sign Ingles.

I would rather have Love as well, he is a better player but I still think Anderson himself improves us. Anderson can punish some wings and does. He also shoots over a lot of wings. He is also a quicker player than Love. The bigger part of this is getting him to help get Gordon to help out our 2 spot. Those two make our team much better all around.

Love is also a good passer... I get it and I don't think he's toxic... if we sent Burks back in the deal it isn't so bad. I just wouldn't do it now... if FA happens and we lose hayward and they need to dump stuff I'll take it for assets maybe.

Too big of a swing right now for me...