What's new

A Big Move on the Horizon?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
As stitches brought up in another thread, Windhorst says he think Utah is about to make a move that will change the roster composition.

Could we see a trade soon? Diaw's guarantee date is Saturday, so I would assume if something does happen, it will happen before then.

As I said in the other thread - this statement by Windhorst was made on a podcast that was recorded BEFORE the moves we made today. I'm not sure how they affect this impending big trade.

Nah.. the big moves would have come BEFORE today's rapid signings.

Why? It`s not like the two players we signed are going to demand huge minutes. We could still do a trade like sending Favors, JJ and Diaw for Love + Shumpert, which would really help our team.

I'm not sure what this big move would involve. The roster seems fairly set.

Main roster
C- Gobert
PF- Favors/Joe Jesus/Jerebko
SF- Jingles/Sefolosha
SG- Hood/Mitchell/Burks
PG- Rubio/Exum/Neto (pretty sure Neto will be back)

Reserves
13- Bradley
14- Bolomboy or Griffin? Maybe both? Idk
15- NWG (two way?)

The only big move I can think of is maybe they have a trade brewing involving Favors and/or Burks?

Nah.. the big moves would have come BEFORE today's rapid signings.

The Jazz have yet to actually sign anyone. They have 3 agreements in place, there is a reason why no one has actually put pen to paper yet. Jazz must be working on another move that has to be done before players are officially signed for cap reasons.

I'm not sure what this big move would involve. The roster seems fairly set.

Main roster
C- Gobert
PF- Favors/Joe Jesus/Jerebko
SF- Jingles/Sefolosha
SG- Hood/Mitchell/Burks
PG- Rubio/Exum/Neto (pretty sure Neto will be back)

Reserves
13- Bradley
14- Bolomboy or Griffin? Maybe both? Idk
15- NWG (two way?)

The only big move I can think of is maybe they have a trade brewing involving Favors and/or Burks?

The word "composition" hints to me that it's Favors as he is a huge piece of the current 2-traditional big roster composition. I could also see Joe Johnson being in the deal too as it would explain why Jonas Jerebko would want to sign here. If Favors and Joe Johnson are both on the roster, Jerebko has 0 available minutes when both those dudes are healthy.

Why would the Cavs trade Love? For cap space to add Carmelo and get worse? I doubt it.

Why would the Cavs trade Love? For cap space to add Carmelo and get worse? I doubt it.

If they could add Carmelo and another good piece, I`d say they have consider it. Favors + Hood would probably get it done, with Favors going to New York and Hood to Cleveland. It would be tough for us gi give up on Hood, but atleast we wouldn`t have to give him his new way too big contract after a season of being our primary scorer.

Ya maybe. I'd love to watch the drama in Houston if that happened.
Its been reported that both NYK and Houston want to get a deal done but they need some other teams to get a deal done (basically find someone to take Ryno's salary).

The big problem is that Houston doesn't have its first round pick next year or any good rookie contracts so they don't have much to offer to bad teams who can afford to take him.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Anderson is a possibility with Utah helping facilitate Melo to Houston.

Love isn't happening.

Could be something out of left field that we haven't even considered.